Discriminated against FOR wearing a mask ?

aliceismad

The only time I DO question mask wearing is when I see people driving down the street alone wearing masks. Why? Are they afraid they're going to infect themselves with cooties? There's nobody WITH them! :rolleyes:
My kid frequently forgets to take her mask off. She'll ride around in the car, get home and still have it on running around the yard. She's so accustomed to it now that she just forgets she can take it off.

OP, wear your mask if you wanna wear it. If someone hassles you, it says a lot about their character, not yours. Honestly I get sick frequently because I just suck at fighting germs or something. It's been so nice to go a whole year without being ill.

tpoly88

Bottom line is you do what you feel is right for you and what makes you feel safe. if you want to wear a mask wear one, if you want the vaccine, get it (i did). Also dont judge anti-vaxers as you call them. some cannot take them for health reasons. My health is up to me and i need to make the best choice for my situation (im diabetic) but that might not be best for another. Again do what you feel is best for you and your health and dont give hoot what others think because they dont know your situation. BTW the umbrella thing i get because i have family members that cant be in the sun due to skin cancer and are allergic to the sun block.

Pepper's Ghost

The only time I DO question mask wearing is when I see people driving down the street alone wearing masks. Why? Are they afraid they're going to infect themselves with cooties? There's nobody WITH them! :rolleyes:
Ditto on this one. I'm always perplexed by this. The only thing that I can guess is that either they have a small child, a small old person, or just a vertically challenged person in the car who I can't see. That's what I have going on in my demented head anyway to try and explain it away. I'm more perplexed by the person walking on the side of a lonely street who is wearing a mask when there isn't anyone within 100 yrds of them. That's even more puzzling... no one around, AND outside? Okaaaaaay.

The above probably makes me sound like I'm anti-mask, but I'm not. I'm vaxxed and still wear my mask in stores when it's not supposedly necessary. For the time being it makes me more comfortable until the infection numbers plunge further. Then maybe I won't wear it in stores, etc. Outside I'm very comfortable not wearing a mask.

Regarding anti-vaxxers who are anti-maskers... all I have to say is after tens if not hundreds of thousands of years of being at the top of the food chain and not needing to worry about natural selection, it's finally back in play. If you are against vaccination, and don't think the "fake sickness" will ever get you so you refuse to wear a mask too... that's your problem. Natural selection will take its course. If you spend enough time ignoring the risks, either you'll succumb, or you'll pass your superior genes on for the "betterment" of all society.

Last edited:

dreamfinder912

Just adding my voice to the masses; I'm also fully vaccinated but I still wear mine. In part because I don't trust people, in part because I don't want people to think I'm LYING about my vax status if I'm not wearing one, and in part because I'm lazy. I haven't worn a full face of makeup in...forever. And keeping it on means I don't ever have to fumble for one to put it on when going into a shop or something.

Nobody's gonna give you the stink eye for wearing one. And if they DO you can mouth all sorts of bad language at them from behind your mask without them ever knowing :happy:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What's all this "maskers vs antimaskers"?
It's very simple. If anyone wants to wear a mask, who cares?
They have a right to do it for whatever reason, and honestly, I could care less.
I think this is being blown out of proportion. I have seen many people who wear masks around here, and aside from a glance or two, no on seems to care.

Mask became a political statement over the past year.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Who cares? If you want to wear a mask, it's none of my business. I think you're overthinking this.

Let's face it, we've seen people at WDW wearing masks LONG before this pandemic hit, and due to them already have an issue with their lungs or weak immune systems. We never gave it a second thought.

Otherwise, you do your thing. It's nobody else's business why, and believe me, 99% of the people could care less WHAT you're doing, ESPECIALLY at a park. The remaining 1% are going to look at you sideways anyway, REGARDLESS of what you're doing.

Regards! Michaelson

Maybe there was someone with them and you didn't notice? Maybe a child in the back seat. Maybe it's not their car. Maybe they have severe allergies. Maybe they are making two quick stops and decided to leave it on. You just don't know someone else's circumstances so should never judge.

mergatroid

So with mask usage now looking to be weaned out for those who have been vaccinated i have a dilemma. I have been vaccinated, but intend to keep wearing my mask for a little longer - makes me feel a little safer.

However, by wearing a mask i do now risk be associated with as someone who has not been vaccinated - as some sort of anti vaxer rebel of some sort? Will i get evil glares, pointing, whispering behind my back, casual but polite moving away from me, not sitting next to us on attractions? LOL

Hmmm
This is normal for me, you just get used to it :D

JIMINYCR

I doubt you will have any issue. So many people are still deciding to continue wearing the mask, many businesses are saying they are leaving it up to their customers to do what they feel comfortable doing, and not every person that are in fact vacced still feel completely safe. Wear it if you want, its become every day normal to step out side seeing others with one on, I very much doubt youll get hassled.

Animaniac93-98

Ditto on this one. I'm always perplexed by this. The only thing that I can guess is that either they have a small child, a small old person, or just a vertically challenged person in the car who I can't see. That's what I have going on in my demented head anyway to try and explain it away. I'm more perplexed by the person walking on the side of a lonely street who is wearing a mask when there isn't anyone within 100 yrds of them. That's even more puzzling... no one around, AND outside? Okaaaaaay.

It's easier to leave your mask on vs taking if off and putting it back on constantly.

Hcalvert

My husband and I have been fully vaccinated since mid-March. My 12-year-old son got his first shot two weeks ago, so he is partially vaccinated and cannot get his second shot until after we return from our trip. We still wear a mask in public places and it is required at our jobs (teacher & school bus driver) and we have been told since we will continue to have exposure to students under 12, that we need to wear them during summer school. I don't mind wearing a mask, so I will most likely continue to do so during my upcoming trip when I don't have to, especially since I will be teaching summer school for 5 weeks after my trip.

Pepper's Ghost

It's easier to leave your mask on vs taking if off and putting it back on constantly.
I suppose some kinds are. My black KN95 with elastic straps is easy peasy to take off and put on. Split second to remove, about two seconds to throw back on. There may be other kinds that are a bigger pain. The ones I use are fitted and extremely comfortable.

NearTheEars

So with mask usage now looking to be weaned out for those who have been vaccinated i have a dilemma. I have been vaccinated, but intend to keep wearing my mask for a little longer - makes me feel a little safer.

However, by wearing a mask i do now risk be associated with as someone who has not been vaccinated - as some sort of anti vaxer rebel of some sort? Will i get evil glares, pointing, whispering behind my back, casual but polite moving away from me, not sitting next to us on attractions? LOL

Hmmm
Still several people wearing masks in the parks including the cast. Plus you have to wear them indoors. (As of right now)

Tinkerfan4ever

Yes, people will look down on you for this. It's entirely up to you to decide whether you will let that bother you or not.
Unfortunately I think this is true. I personally do not care if I see someone in a mask. I assume that they are making the best health choice for them and their family. Unfortunately I have personally seen some people who don't feel the same as I do. There is one example I have seen where an antimasker will snap the mask (pull it off the person's face and snap it back at them) and tell them "we don't wear masks here". Here being anywhere that he is. Total jerk move and he has done it many times and people laugh when he does it.

I have made the decision to just not be anywhere that he is and when I am where he is, I will say something to him if he is acting like a jerk. I believe if he is doing this there are others out there that will say something to those wearing masks. Unfortunately some of those people will be at Disney. Each person needs to decide how they are going to handle it and if it will bother you or not. I will stand up for myself and will not let it bother me, because if I decide to wear a mask, it is because I am making the best health choice for myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom