• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Discriminated against FOR wearing a mask ?

King Raccoon 77

Don't buy a Honda 😎
Premium Member
I look at it this way. One of the creedos of the anti-mask crowd is "You don't have to go out if you don't want to. You do you, I'll do me."

If they have a problem, I just flip their own logic on them. Beyond that I don't give anyone besides my fam any further thought. "You do you." Unless of course you're hacking like Cheech and Chong, then I'm hosing your *** down with Lysol and vacating the area.
No point in lysolling that area down . Mouth and nose would be a better option ;)
 

dryerlintfan

Premium Member
Can't help but notice that OP started this topic and bounced.


mickey mouse troll GIF
 

mrsgrumpy

Member
I think it's still awfully early to think that everyone wearing a mask is unvaccinated. I tend to think it's people who are still concerned and/or have grown used to them. I don't look at anyone differently if I'm unmasked and they aren't. We have an upcoming trip in July and will wear them indoors if the policy hasn't changed. But I'm not planning on wearing them outside (we are vaccinated)
 

danlb_2000

Well-Known Member
So with mask usage now looking to be weaned out for those who have been vaccinated i have a dilemma. I have been vaccinated, but intend to keep wearing my mask for a little longer - makes me feel a little safer.

However, by wearing a mask i do now risk be associated with as someone who has not been vaccinated - as some sort of anti vaxer rebel of some sort? Will i get evil glares, pointing, whispering behind my back, casual but polite moving away from me, not sitting next to us on attractions? LOL

Hmmm

Yes, people will look down on you for this. It's entirely up to you to decide whether you will let that bother you or not.
 

Archie123

Well-Known Member
So with mask usage now looking to be weaned out for those who have been vaccinated i have a dilemma. I have been vaccinated, but intend to keep wearing my mask for a little longer - makes me feel a little safer.

However, by wearing a mask i do now risk be associated with as someone who has not been vaccinated - as some sort of anti vaxer rebel of some sort? Will i get evil glares, pointing, whispering behind my back, casual but polite moving away from me, not sitting next to us on attractions? LOL

Hmmm

You worry way to much about what other people think. If you want to wear a mask...wear it.
 

Michaelson

Well-Known Member
Who cares? If you want to wear a mask, it's none of my business. I think you're overthinking this.

Let's face it, we've seen people at WDW wearing masks LONG before this pandemic hit, and due to them already have an issue with their lungs or weak immune systems. We never gave it a second thought.

The only time I DO question mask wearing is when I see people driving down the street alone wearing masks. Why? Are they afraid they're going to infect themselves with cooties? There's nobody WITH them! :rolleyes:

Otherwise, you do your thing. It's nobody else's business why, and believe me, 99% of the people could care less WHAT you're doing, ESPECIALLY at a park. The remaining 1% are going to look at you sideways anyway, REGARDLESS of what you're doing.

Regards! Michaelson
 
Last edited:

danlb_2000

Well-Known Member
Who cares? If you want to wear a mask, it's none of my business. I think you're overthinking this.

Let's face it, we've seen people at WDW wearing masks LONG before this pandemic hit, and due to them already have an issue with their lungs or weak immune systems. We never gave it a second thought.

The only time I DO question mask wearing is when I see people driving down the street alone wearing masks. Why? Are they afraid they're going to infect themselves with cooties? There's nobody WITH them! :rolleyes:

Otherwise, you do your thing. It's nobody else's business why, and believe me, 99% of the people could care less WHAT you're doing, ESPECIALLY at a park. The remaining 1% are going to look at you sideways anyway, REGARDLESS of what you're doing.

Regards! Michaelson

Yeah, don't think for a minute that people weren't judging other people's appearance prior to the pandemic.
 

Lilofan

Well-Known Member
Yes, people will look down on you for this. It's entirely up to you to decide whether you will let that bother you or not.
Doubt it and who cares? I even don't even blink an eye when some are underneath their umbrellas on a sunny day and not a cloud in the sky.
 
Last edited:

mkt

Maleante Izquierdozo
So with mask usage now looking to be weaned out for those who have been vaccinated i have a dilemma. I have been vaccinated, but intend to keep wearing my mask for a little longer - makes me feel a little safer.

I'm vaccinated and still am wearing a mask.

Why? Because I don't trust other people. And in the case of this past weekend's trip to Colorado, it served to keep my face warmer in cold and rainy environment.

If someone says anything, I'll clearly tell them to mind their own business.
 

Michaelson

Well-Known Member
Another thing that I find interesting is a lot of folks are wearing masks because they like the fact they don't HAVE to be social anymore. (this was a news item over the weekend). They like the fact that they can continue anonymity, vaccinated or not. Though understandable to a point, that's kind of sad to me.

Then again, I'm hiding behind a handlebar moustache, so what do I know? ;)

Regards! Michaelson
 

Queen of the WDW Scene

Well-Known Member
In the Parks
No
I wouldn't think you'd be hassled.
Most anti vaxers are also anti maskers so they are likely not even following the guidelines.
When I see people with masks on I now think oh they are vaccinated and enjoy wearing a mask. That's cool with me. I just know that because I'm fully vaccinated and hate the masks I'm no longer wearing mine if its not required.
 

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom