Disco Carnotaurus

Atomicmickey

I know from other posts that Dinosaur used to have many, many more effects.

What I would like to know is, was it always SO DARK? Or did they turn the lights down?

I am a major dinosaur fan--this had the potential to be my favorite ride ever (especially
given its clone relationship with Indiana Jones), and when I first rode it, I couldn't believe what
I, um . . . didn't see?

Really, a couple of spotlights, and turning up the ambient by as little as 10 percent would
help it out so much.

*squints*

Itsjust_david

dinosaurs%20humor%20jurassic%20park%20chubby%20bubble%20girl%20photomanipulations%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wall321.com_90.jpg

Cmdr_Crimson

It would be nice to at least see a refurb. But, if Everest or Dinosaur went down. It would cut a huge chunk of guests visiting since they are the only thrill rides there..And no I don't count Primevil Whirl a Thrill ride..I count it as a joke..

afar28

Really wish this ride could have a major refurb. Bring the effects all back to like they were when the ride first opened, and bring up the lights a bit.

Midlife Mouse

Just rode Jurassic Park River Adventure at IOA for the first time last week, and I was disappointed in the complexity of the animatronics, if you can even call them that. Otherwise, it was a cool attraction. The whole time, I kept thinking, "At least DAK still has the Carnotaurus." Oh, well...

Bairstow

To be fair, the Jurassic Park animatronics, at least most of them, have to hold up to being outside in the elements.
It's probably more fair to compare them to Jungle Cruise animals.

Not sure if that's true for the velociraptors, though. They've always seemed kind of slow to me.

Midlife Mouse

To be fair, the Jurassic Park animatronics, at least most of them, have to hold up to being outside in the elements.
It's probably more fair to compare them to Jungle Cruise animals.

Not sure if that's true for the velociraptors, though. They've always seemed kind of slow to me.

I agree. I should've clarified. I think the outside portion of the ride is far superior to the inside portions. The raptors and the T-Rex are underwhelming at best. I felt like the T-Rex should have a reveal, rather than just standing there, jittering his jowls. Did it have more movement in the past?

Bairstow

I agree. I should've clarified. I think the outside portion of the ride is far superior to the inside portions. The raptors and the T-Rex are underwhelming at best. I felt like the T-Rex should have a reveal, rather than just standing there, jittering his jowls. Did it have more movement in the past?

It should have quite a bit of movement, moving its head side to side, but it never had much of a reveal other than the fog effects, assuming they're working.

The Hollywood version, on the other hand, has a pretty neat flip-up reveal, which makes no logical sense but is impressive to watch.

draybook

They either fixed or added the green fog effect at the beginning and end. Also, they moved the camera from the last dinosaur to right after the 4 wheel drive dark portion. We're now in line for our 6th trip on it.

Bairstow

They either fixed or added the green fog effect at the beginning and end. Also, they moved the camera from the last dinosaur to right after the 4 wheel drive dark portion. We're now in line for our 6th trip on it.

Wait, so is the penultimate Carnotaurus figure (on the right) fixed or are they still using the floating, flashing disembodied head (on the left)?

draybook

They moved it to the dino on the left, when you stop after the four wheel drive part, but the last dino that snaps at you is working fine.

Bairstow

I assume they moved the camera because with the main Carnotaurus figure removed, and the floating head being on the opposite side, everyone in the pictures is looking at the opposite direction, away from the camera.
That's the way our on-ride photo came out.

draybook

I'm confused too. Before the final drop the big guy is there. Right before that is the dino holding up the tree from crushing the time rover. Before that is the dino to the left, which is where they take the photo now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom