Dinosaur, scariest ride at WDW?

cb3k

I completely agree....I definitely find Dinosaur to be the scariest ride there....Im in college and have been tellin all of my buddies this (we all have Annual Passes)...and it seems that everytime a "first timer" gets off they dont find it as intense as I did....

malice

dinosaur scared the crap out of me, it is a very mean spirited attraction. i also find song of the rainforest to be rather frightful (great moments with mr. lincoln at DL which uses similar technology also sends hairs down my spine), the polar bear on maelstrom gets me every time, and don't get me started on DL's snow white...

CThaddeus

Rock n' Rollercoaster is definitely the scariest attraction for me. Any time I have to endure not only HEARING Aerosmith, but then actually having to see them try to act is beyond frightening. I'm pretty convinced that when I die, that's the hell I'm going to have to endure.

rdour@techminds

Original Poster
Funny thought on that Rockin' Rollercoaster. How do they record an album, and go through their soundcheck before a big concert? You'd have to be a super band to get all of that done in one day.

I'd just love it if they improved the preshow sound just a bit. They used amazing speakers for the new seagulls outside of the new Seas with Nemo and Friends. I was just amazed at how crispy the audio was, "mine mine mine." Now only if they could get good indoor speakers and a cleaner recording. I also think the centralized sound doesn't help the realism. What if they put speakers in the exit doors so that the alley scene sounded more like it was coming from the actual alley in the ride?

Ryan

SirGoofy

Dinosaur isn't scary more startling. Scary is more of a psychological thing, whereas startling makes ya jump. Dinosaur makes me jump, but I'm not scared, it's fun. Now AE was a bit scary.

Jooniper30

Dinosaur may be the scariest in AK, but not in WDW.

Tower of Terror has that hands down. More people chicken out of that ride than any ride I've seen, and the ambiance is very creepy. Plus a buildup to a big fall (I think more people are afraid of falls than dinosaurs). And the fact that you never know what you are going to get.

I also think Mission Space is very scary, I get nervous every time I go on it, but the first time I was terrified. They keep telling you over and over you will be going from 0 to 10,000 or something. Then the takeoff is pretty real...and daunting.

Most people who aren't afraid of Tower of Terror or Mission Space would NOT be afraid of dinosaur. Personally, I like all 3 rides, and was pleasantly surprised by dinosaur and it's startlingness the first time I went on it.

Rosenrot

Rock n' Rollercoaster is definitely the scariest attraction for me. Any time I have to endure not only HEARING Aerosmith, but then actually having to see them try to act is beyond frightening. I'm pretty convinced that when I die, that's the hell I'm going to have to endure.

I agree with this post xPP The roller coaster itself is AMAZING fun, but I hated that it was Aerosmith blaring in the background ;-;

I personally think that is kind of limiting to the audience when WDW decided to use it. Just a mixture of rock music would have been a LOT better.

maelstrom

Scary? Seriously...? AE wasn't even remotely scary and neither is Dinosaur. I'll never understand why people think either are. (And this coming from the person who won't ride a thrill ride, coaster or anything more than about two feet off the ground, ever.) Somethings may "startle" you the first time you ride it, but that's hardly the same thing.

Are there really people who find Dinosaur frightening? Honestly, why?
-m

Yes, I find Dinosaur frightening. I also found Alien Encounter to be extremely terrifying.

We all have different scaryness thresholds. I guess yours is set a lot higher.

Edited to add that I find the Alien scene in GMR and the ghosts that pop out from behind tombstones in HM to be scary as well.

Wilt Dasney

AE was scary. I was always worried that a real flesh eating monster could slip in there during the show and no one would know because the lights were off.

(If I had thought about the CM's watching the show through night vision cameras, I probably could have relaxed.) :lookaroun

doop

SirGoofy said:
Dinosaur isn't scary more startling. Scary is more of a psychological thing, whereas startling makes ya jump. Dinosaur makes me jump, but I'm not scared, it's fun. Now AE was a bit scary.
My thoughts exactly, it doesn't strike me as all that scary.

The scariest ride in wdw to me is without a doubt is ToT, I rode it for the first time at 6 years old and was scared out of my mind, I was shaking after I got off. I think that element is what makes it my all time favorite attraction at wdw.

Skippy

ToT was scary maybe the first time I went on... but it was nothing compared to the first time I rode RnRC.. My mother said she could hear my heart beating as we waited in line in the alley.

Dinosaur... I think it would be a lot scarier if everything worked properly.

iheartdisney91

yeah dinosaur was scary the first couple times but till i went on RNR omg i was shakeing the whole day b4 and after the ride it scared me sooo much!:lookaroun
yeah alein was scary but if you look at the ground its not lol:lol:

goofyfan13

Yea, I'd have to say Dinosaur and ToT are the scariest rides on property. Summit Plummet is definately the most intimidating. I don't get scared on any type of roller coaster, and I've been on SP quite a few times, and I still and nervous as all hell before I go on it.

I think getting rid of AE was one of the worst decisions Disney has made in their theme park history. Parents complained that their kids got scared? So what, it'll teach them to start reading the warning signs. The least they could have done is givin it a worthy replacement. SGE is the biggest pile of garbage I have seen in a long time. The only good thing about it is the Stitch animatronic, and keeping skippy. I went on it on the 30th and kids still freak out when it gets dark, and SGE isn't scary in the slightest bit.

epcotfreak1224

Honestly, i think the scariest part of WDW is walking up to the ticket window and looking ath the ticket prices. Nothins is scarier and and sadder to see some of those prices. Atleast they're worth it:cool: .

But seriously the only ride at WDW that ever made me get scared was M:S. i was shaking right before i was about 2 ride. But then again, it was a weak right after the 4 year old had died.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom