Dinosaur, scariest ride at WDW?

palmage

Hands down, It's a small world has got to be the scariest ride.
:)

I see so many grown men come out of that ride with a totally dazed and glassy eyed look.:veryconfu :hurl: :lookaroun :eek:

It doesn't seem to effect women or children the same way.
Maybe it's because their brains aren't quite as evolved.

Scares me to death

:D :D

PyxiiDustt

I don't think ToT is scary, just startling. Dinsosaur, OTOH, is terrifying to me. I've not gone on it with my eyes open the whole time yet. I just don't like the dark and combining that with things jumping out at me in the dark.. not a good combination..

fudwrapper

i am 29 years old, and Dinosaur scared the bejezus out of me. I actually had nightmares about it. In my opinion AE has nothing on Dinosaur. I'm going back in a couple weeks, and would LOVE to go on it again, but I'm going to be shaking like a little girl before i get on that rover!!! It's the only thing at WDW or DL that, to me, is truly scary.

surfsupdon

For young kids, I'd still say Snow White is the scariest. So many go into it expecting a cute ride, but it terrifies so many kids. I always see parents comforting crying children.

Epcot82Guy

I was going along with Dinosaur being the scariest until the Summit Plummet came up. BY FAR the scariest ride, more because of standing on that platform so high up. I freaked out (internally) riding that thing.

I think Dinosaur and AE would give each other a run for their money. I think they are both infinitely scarier than any other ride, including TOT (which I have never found scary - more creepy than anything, like Twilight Zone as a show).

bhg469

My girlfriend hates dinosaur. I don't find it that bad, I don't like TOT though, i don't like dropping at all.

Aurora_25

I am one who has to hide my eyes when we are on the great movie ride and we get to the Alien part- yes, I am a weanie...
So when my mom and I went on dinosaur I was ready to be scared to death, but really I just felt that I was being thrown all over the place in the dark- Barely even saw the dinosaurs when they did show up.....Maybe that's just me though. Just wasn't scary at all.

Peaches Magee

I still laugh when I see things with Dinosaur in it, because the first time me and my husband went on it he was on the outer side where the T Rex comes stomping out at and he leaned all the way over me in fear. Ohh I laughed so hard. The people riding right next to us looked at me, laughed and said "It's his first time, isn't it?" Made fun of him ever since.
I think ToT is, just cause I get a freakin mini-anxiety attack everytime i go on it. I love the ride after i get off of it, but the build up just freaks me out every single time. hehe But I LOVE Rockin rollercoaster. I love coasters alot more that freefall, just dont like the feeling in my belly. Eh.
I remember as a kid being afraid of the Living Seas sharks, swearing they would get me. I would walk in the center of the room. hehe Took my son this year and he had his face against the glass aquarium... didnt inhereit my fear on that thank goodness. But he screamed bloody murder when Hopper came out in the Bug's life show.
Everyone has different fears, so everything wont be equally scary to all.

Brwneyedgirl72

Call me a wimp but, I am a 34 year old woman who gets the @*#^%! scared out of her on Dinosaur. I don't know what it is about that ride - but it always leaves me a little shaken. I think it is because it is dark and things "jump out" at you. :fork:

I can handle everything else in the park without any issues - all except Dinosaur! :wave:

Dubman

I would have to say the Bugs Life is one of the scariest attractions at WDW.. Not in my eyes, but whenever we see it, there are lots of kids screaming and at least 2 or 3 parents making a bee-line to the exit with little ones in hand.. Cast members always seem to be prepared with flashlights. The part that always does it is when fog fills the theatre and the spiders drop from the ceiling.. I admit, the first time I saw it I was scared by the bee sting in the back, and creeped out by the bugs leaving.. :)

no2apprentice

The scariest thing for me at WDW is seeing the total on the register at World of Disney when my family is done with souvenirs!:eek: :eek: :cry:

As for observing the reactions of others, I would say the scariest attraction is It's Tough To Be A Bug, when the spiders drop. I always lose count at how many parents have to head out the exits with hysterical children.

Edit: Dubman, we must have been typing at the same time...except I stopped to watch a scene from Casablanca. lol

nibblesandbits

Scary? Seriously...? AE wasn't even remotely scary and neither is Dinosaur. I'll never understand why people think either are. (And this coming from the person who won't ride a thrill ride, coaster or anything more than about two feet off the ground, ever.) Somethings may "startle" you the first time you ride it, but that's hardly the same thing.

Are there really people who find Dinosaur frightening? Honestly, why?
-m
Actually, yes...I've never been on Dinosaur...but I honestly don't know if I would be ok. I'm terrified of Dinosaurs thanks to UOE back when it was the original version. So I think that I would not do well on it. I have considered going on it before, but I think would chicken out.

Dubman

The scariest thing for me at WDW is seeing the total on the register at World of Disney when my family is done with souvenirs!:eek: :eek: :cry:

As for observing the reactions of others, I would say the scariest attraction is It's Tough To Be A Bug, when the spiders drop. I always lose count at how many parents have to head out the exits with hysterical children.

Edit: Dubman, we must have been typing at the same time...except I stopped to watch a scene from Casablanca. lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3fordisney

Dinosaur is startling, but I don't think its scary. Little ones could easily be frightened by it, mine was. I know its not real, so it doesn't frighten me.

AE was awesome! My husband was disturbed by it the first time we rode it. There were so many people screaming and I am just sitting there, laughing soo hard! I thought it was great. I usually find that kind of stuff funny, not scary. That might be because of all the people who scream, like someone is actually coming after them. Its soo funny!!

Vernonpush

Actually, yes...I've never been on Dinosaur...but I honestly don't know if I would be ok. I'm terrified of Dinosaurs thanks to UOE back when it was the original version. So I think that I would not do well on it. I have considered going on it before, but I think would chicken out.

I used to be terrified of elevators (in real life, going more than 4 floors) and I was claustophobic. I tried the Tower of Terror because my friends said that I had to see the effects. Now that is one of my favorite rides. So.... try it once, you don't have to do it again, if you don't like it. But maybe it will open a whole new world to you.

nibblesandbits

I used to be terrified of elevators (in real life, going more than 4 floors) and I was claustophobic. I tried the Tower of Terror because my friends said that I had to see the effects. Now that is one of my favorite rides. So.... try it once, you don't have to do it again, if you don't like it. But maybe it will open a whole new world to you.
well, I'm not a big fan of things popping out at me either...which is why I don't like to go into haunted houses...and another reason I don't think I'd like Dinosaur.

Matter of fact, I hate the ghosts who pop up in HM even. But I still do that ride because there's just so much more to that one.

I don't know though. I'm still kind of a chicken. Although I did go on TOT once...only to realize that I would never go on it again. :lol:

Aurora_25

Me too! That's my least favorite part of the GMR. :eek:
LOL- Glad I'm not the only one. What's funny is normally I have my daughter with me who is just as scared of stuff like that so people think I am leaning over and not looking for my daughter- until one older lady asked me- Is that for her or you- and I said both! :lol: :lol: Now, it was even funnier because she was asking this as she was leaning over avoiding that part too....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom