Dino rama!!!!!WHAT??????

ToTBellHop

X-S TECHFOREVER said:
What was disney thinking when puting dino rama in AK!.......What gave them the idea? Any Answers?

They were thinking, "we need to build something in Animal Kingdom quickly that people will like!" So they did. Primeval Whirl is pretty popular...

ToTBellHop

I agree with popular and meant to raise AK's capacity quickly and cheaply, but I actually like the area, especially at night. And it's permanent...

General Grizz

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I agree with popular and meant to raise AK's capacity quickly and cheaply, but I actually like the area, especially at night. And it's permanent...
We'll see. :D

(Who wants to carry a wrecking ball to AK with me?? :p )

ToTBellHop

General Grizz said:

with as few rides as AK has, it can use every ride it can get its hands one--one reason I am hoping the boats return when EVEREST opens.

By the way, there have been FAR too many threads like this in the past (identical). This is one topic where the search feature would definitely be more effective.

bhg469

it really doesnt fit in, i dont mind it but if you ask me if it belongs there id have to say no. its very carney but it is the best carney i have ever seen.

ToTBellHop

Dinoland has always been a roadside tourist trap...and the Dino Institute. Besides the Dino Institute, everything is tacky and that is part of the theming. My only complaint about Dino-Rama is that it looks too new. I would have preferred that the rides be rusty like everything else in Dinoland.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
General Grizz said:

sorry grizz, im going to get there first and like ive said in all the other threads........... open up a hole in the ground and let it plummit into the hot liquid magma of the earths core. :fork: then put something there that is worth my butt graceing......... :lol:

that attraction doesnt make me go "huh, how did they do that" it makes me go "huh, why did they do that" :lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
X-S TECHFOREVER said:
What was disney thinking when puting dino rama in AK!.......What gave them the idea? Any Answers?
Paul Pressler at the height of his powers LOL and look at what he managed to achieve. Something like this has no place at all in a Disney park. We can only hope it gets ripped out sometime, but I am not hopeful of that. The only good thing, is that it is relatively out of the way, so you can avoid seeing it if you are careful. Just pretend it doesnt exist ;)

X-S TECHFOREVER

Original Poster
The first and last time I went on it, because of the long line I thought it was good.( "Boy! wasn't I wrong!") However the reason that there is long lines on it, is because there are no other good atraction besides / Dinosaur, Bugs life and Kali River Rapids. Only these rides have thrills in them.

ToTBellHop

X-S TECHFOREVER said:
The first and last time I went on it, because of the long line I thought it was good.( "Boy! wasn't I wrong!") However the reason that there is long lines on it, is because there are no other good atraction besides / Dinosaur, Bugs life and Kali River Rapids. Only these rides have thrills in them.
exactly...with AK's shortage of rides, Dino-Rama isn't headed anywhere.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
to quote Joe Rohde from my interview...

"Animal Kingdom was missing any sort of kinetic movement. It was somewhat boring. This is the movement the park needs"

so my question for you Joe, is... why not just put 10,000 windchimes and fans at AK? That would have had the same effect.

DarkMeasures

Yeah... The area is out of place for Disney, but it has been a great help. The only problem is that most Theme Parks and Amusment Parks seem to have a Spinning Coaster that spins more than the one at Animal Kingdom. And some of them are Disney Worth in Theming. (like the one at Kennywood).

But the area is a nice little quick fix. So was Camp Minnie Mickey... Hopefully Dino Rama and CMM both will be demolished in the near future for attractions worthy of AK.

flyersmv

X-S TECHFOREVER said:
However the reason that there is long lines on it, is because there are no other good atraction besides / Dinosaur, Bugs life and Kali River Rapids. Only these rides have thrills in them.

wait welll if were lookin at what parks have rides with any thrill in them y dont we look at every other disney park......none of them have more then 5 attractions with any thrill.......
MK- space splash BTMR mpm and buzz (dont say n e of the dark rides have thrill b/c they dont)
MGM- RnR ToT Star tours
Epcot- M:S TT (arguably) HISTA

so i agree with u on it not being a good area in AK but dont bring up Ak not having any rides with thrill b/c really all the big rides have alotta thrill and are very good

flyersmv

X-S TECHFOREVER said:
However the reason that there is long lines on it, is because there are no other good atraction besides / Dinosaur, Bugs life and Kali River Rapids. Only these rides have thrills in them.

wait welll if were lookin at what parks have rides with any thrill in them y dont we look at every other disney park......none of them have more then 5 attractions with any thrill.......
MK- space splash BTMR mpm and buzz (dont say n e of the dark rides have thrill b/c they dont)
MGM- RnR ToT Star tours
Epcot- M:S TT (arguably) HISTA

so i agree with u on it not being a good area in AK but dont bring up Ak not having any rides with thrill b/c really all the big rides have alotta thrill and are very good...the problem is there isnt alot to do there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom