Dining Plan Suggestions

disney4life2008

I have the Disney Dining Plan for 4 nights. Do you guys have any suggestions on Table Service Restaurants at the resorts or Epcot? I want to get the most use out of the plan. I was also thinking about using 2 credits per person for the Polynesian Luau but I do not really want to use up half my credits like that. What do you think?

yankspy

Ohana, GF Cafe, Kona Cafe, Whispering Canyon, Narcoosseess, Chefs De France, Artist Point (2 credits) 1900 park Fare, Chef Mickey's, those are all great places to eat.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

What kinds of meals/restaurants do you prefer?

There's a subforum of menus here, plus a list of menus at allears.net You can peruse what's available (AND the prices) and figure out what would be best for you.

Different strokes for different folks and all that, but since table service meals no longer include appetizers, you may want to consider buffet and family-style meals, and most meals like that will be more expensive in the parks than at resorts. It also potentially works out better if you have kids, because technically, if you have kids under the age of 9, they're only supposed to order off of the kids' menu, but (based on my admittedly limited experience) servers won't notice if a child on the meal plan picks up food from the "adult tables" or if you pick up extra food to share with them. The kids' menu choices are usually pretty slim, so the buffets afford them more options.

Upvote 0

djpoore94

I second Ohana, it was great, as were Whispering Canyon and Chef Mickey's, but we had both of those for breakfast. We did Ohana for a late dinner and were able to get a window seat for a great view of Hallowishes!

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

When you ask a question like that on here, you're going to get so many different answers that it will be confusing.
Everyone has their favorites.

You might just want to call for ADR's and see what's available.
Try something you haven't done before. Sometimes it's a nice surprise.
Good luck.

:)

Upvote 0

mdbeaudoin

Hollywood and Vine

For a great all-you-care-to-eat buffet, try Hollywood & Vine at Disney-Hollywood Studios! I love going around 5-6 pm (no characters there in the evening, but they are there for lunch). They have a terrific selection of meats, seafood and veggies, and it also includes some of the best desserts anywhere! And - when you book there, ask for the Fantasmic Package... no extra charge, and that allows you to sit in a special seating area at Fantasmic that night! And that counts as one of your sit-down meals.

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I second H&V, one of my favorites.... those chocolate mouse cups are amazing!!!! Plus I also like crystal palace at MK. My fav at Epcot is the german beirgarten, and rose and crown.

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

I did the dining plan for the first time last week. The only place we went that I would NOT suggest is Crystal Palace. Horrible food and impatient characters. Pooh didn't even stop for a photo. This is not an exaggeration. We had 2 tables right beside each other (party of 10) and were at the end of the line. No one got a photo with Pooh. Piglet was really the only character who stopped long enough for more than one (or any) photos.

Everything else was positive. Liberty Tree Tavern, Cape May Cafe clambake (my dad's favorite), Boma, Coral Reef (though slow service here, took 2 hours!), Yak and Yeti (a diamond in the rough...I LOVED this place), and Sci-Fi all come highly recommended from me. As previously mentioned, Le Cellier is great....IF you can get an ADR!

I've never done the Luau but I remember reading it was one that was WORTH 2 credits. I have to disagree with those suggesting H&V.....YUK. Much better buffets with better food and better atmosphere. Tasted like the food had been microwaved and I'm not picky. It's way overpriced for what you get. We did it for the Fantasmic package, which we also found to not be worth it overall. Try Boma or Cape May Cafe for a good buffet.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I actually made ADRs for Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The lady I spoke with on the phone said that Boma is a great place to eat - I am looking forward to that. Does anyone know if animals are seen from different locations of the Animal Kingdom Lodge or do you have to be a guest in one of their rooms to see animals?

I also got the last table for the January 9th 8pm showing of the Polynesian Luau. I dont mind the 2 credits - going to the Polynesian Resort and walking along the beach after the show will be well worth it.

I have one more table service credit...

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Teppon Edo is a really great place for something different, the food is cooked right in front of you tastes great and the way they do it is entertaining. Then you have Morrocco as well.

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I actually made ADRs for Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The lady I spoke with on the phone said that Boma is a great place to eat - I am looking forward to that. Does anyone know if animals are seen from different locations of the Animal Kingdom Lodge or do you have to be a guest in one of their rooms to see animals?

I also got the last table for the January 9th 8pm showing of the Polynesian Luau. I dont mind the 2 credits - going to the Polynesian Resort and walking along the beach after the show will be well worth it.

You can walk through the lodge when you enter to the observation area. We always arrive a little early when we eat there so that we can enjoy the sights.

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I did the dining plan for the first time last week. The only place we went that I would NOT suggest is Crystal Palace. Horrible food and impatient characters. Pooh didn't even stop for a photo. This is not an exaggeration. We had 2 tables right beside each other (party of 10) and were at the end of the line. No one got a photo with Pooh. Piglet was really the only character who stopped long enough for more than one (or any) photos......

.............. I have to disagree with those suggesting H&V.....YUK...............

Wow, I am sorry you had such terrible food and experiences here. I've been to Crystal Palace 7 times, and H & V 4 times, and by far, have always had great food, and great service, and I am super picky. At Crystal Palace, on several occasions, the characters have been to our table more than once. The food was not bad either. Maybe you went on off days. They even have peel and eat shrimp :slurp::slurp::slurp:. I hope that if you ever try them again you will have a better experience.

Upvote 0

flscooman

2 places to see the animals at night. 1 is Arusha Rock. It is straight out the back of the lobby by the big windows. The savannah is lit with moonglow lights on the roof, about as much light as if there was a full moon. 2 is the savannah overlook by the pool deck. exit the building right by the Boma check in podium . You can use the night vision goggles for no charge between 9pm and 11pm. the savannah guides will be out there with the goggles.

Upvote 0

kimmychad

ohana is great, we've never felt rushed in our 5 times there, and the food is wonderful.

Upvote 0

djpoore94

When you ask a question like that on here, you're going to get so many different answers that it will be confusing.
Everyone has their favorites.

You might just want to call for ADR's and see what's available.
Try something you haven't done before. Sometimes it's a nice surprise.
Good luck.

:)

I totally agree with the trying something you have not done before. Every table service meal we had on our last trip was at someplace we had never been and we didn't have any complaints at all. We did Crystal Palace and had a great experience (leading me to believe that the poster who did not have a good experience was there on an off day). The food was great and we got really good pictures with all of the characters.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

If you are a little bit of an adventerous eater then I would highly suggest Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I think it was the best buffet I have ever visited. Great soups and a lot of out of the ordinary dishes. I would not say that there is anything too exotic.

However, if you are a meat, potatos, pasta and chicken type of person that does not want to stray from the path you might not be happy with Boma.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom