Did you see the fight? :(

MeTa

I have to admit some people in the parks have no regard for anyone around them, but this is terrible. Ban them both:wave:

Chezman1399

Most Cast members are not trained to do such a thing, and who knows they may actually make things worse or get injured themselves. I'm actually surprised that sercurity which is all over the park did not step in or they may have as most security is not in uniform. Also, Disney has a habit of detaining people in certain ways, ways that don't make a big scene. So I wouldn't be too sure that nothing happened to anyone in this situation.

FLDISFAN

But where was security?

If a CM witnessed this shouldnt a call of been made to security to get them to respond post haste? There has to be some sort of internal "911" system for Disney Security correct?

I dont blame the CM for not stepping in. They probably arent allowed to and are not trained to handle that. That would be security I'm assuming.

As for guest involvement, I wouldnt of advocated that either. Although I would of gone into the nearest store and asked someone to call security.

So the question begs where was security and why did it take so long?

IROC it

Amazing.

I'll have to say when I was at DLR in July I did notice a much heavier presence of the white-clad security force then I do at WDW...

That said, where were the walkie talkie's at during this?:eek:

A shame that the magic of Disney was ruined... and perhaps for life for many involved.

People... well, some people just floor me.:confused:

Blackie Pueblo

Ahem...

I can't believe something like that happened in Disney. Like I always say, sadly this is the one thing that will always stand out in a lot of people's memories of their trip to Disney. Especially "Brenda". I'm sure she won't return to the Magic Kingdom anytime soon.

I agree, Disney is caught between a rock and a hard place. My question is where the heck was the security? Why wasn't a security guard there in a matter of seconds? Does this show the lack of training on the security? I mean, with the world we live in I would expect that Disney would have top notch to protect their "investments". And I hate to throw this in, but with the money people pay to get in now, you expect to have fun and be pretty safe! :eek:

On a side note, great retelling of what happened by Jellyfish. What a storyteller!:sohappy:

"To all who come to this happy place...welcome!"
---walter Elias Disney

DisneyNut2007

That was such a shocking story to read. :eek:

It's just not good when things that horrible end up happening at a place that's supposed to be good and pure.

Eyorefan

But where was security?

If a CM witnessed this shouldnt a call of been made to security to get them to respond post haste? There has to be some sort of internal "911" system for Disney Security correct?

I dont blame the CM for not stepping in. They probably arent allowed to and are not trained to handle that. That would be security I'm assuming.

As for guest involvement, I wouldnt of advocated that either. Although I would of gone into the nearest store and asked someone to call security.

So the question begs where was security and why did it take so long?

I agree. I would think that they would have security stationed every few feet along the route at least 30 minutes + before a parade starts since it seems to be a time when a lot of fights and name calling goes on. I really think that our socitey is at a point where even adults need adult suppervistion when you put them in a crowd.

Rabflmom

This is the country where it was invented.

It is Disney policy for a CM to NOT try and break up a fight, they are to call security and wait.

Right, who would let their teen be a CM if they had to break up what basically amounts to "bar fights without the bar" CMs aren't trained to fight or break up fights. Not every CM has a radio or phone on them to call security so they usually have to find someone with a radio who can call management and get security or a deputy if needed to the scene.

mousefan1972

:eek: What a story. Although I can't say I'm surprised... put thousands of people all in the same place, add 95 degree heat and humidity, and boredom/impatience from waiting for a parade to start... something unpleasant is bound to happen. Not to excuse the bad behavior at all, but as I said, it's not entirely surprising. :(

jjgoo

I have always said that the parades bring out the worst in people. It's unfortunate but from what I have observed it is true.

It seems to me the I most often see people acting poorly, forgetting manners, arguing and just being plain rude at the parades.

If I'm in MK I always avoid Main Street if I want to see the parade and go to Frontier land. There seems to be a lot more room and people are more relaxed and pleasant.

Sorry to hear that this happened. There is no excuse for that kind behavior. Most of what I have seen/heard is raised voices and sour faces. Hopefully this is more of an isolated incident.:(

tamibar

That women was wrong on so many levels.:fork:

My family was @ WDW in June. We were @MK and had gone to Main St. an hour before the afternoon parade (already slim pickins' for good spot). We found a spot in front of Main ST. Bakery. About 10mins. before start of parade I ran into the Bakery ( the 3rd time) for H2O's. When I returned, a family had "sideled up" next to us. I then hear the "sideler dad" say something like " can you believe some people?" When I had rejoined my family, I had really tried not to block anyones view. (It was obvious we had been there before them and my two sons were complaining we've been here for an hour.) I took a deep breath and kept my mouth shut. I did give the dad a look like "Are you freakin' insane showing up 7 mins before the parade and expect front row parking?!"

Some people just don't get it.

islesgirl

That is terrible. I was in MK earlier that day but left before the parade so I missed all this. Like everyone else is saying security should of been there much sooner. The CMs should have called them but I agree that the CMs had no place stepping in to break it up. Firstly, as stated earlier, they are not trained to do so. And I know as a teacher in certain schools in NY when we see fights in the hallway we aren't allowed to break them up because if we were to somehow injure one of the fighters the teacher would get sued. I am sure it would be the same if a CM broke up a fight and someone got hurt.Its just terrible to hear this happened though. Hopefully those involved come back to Disney again and realize not all of us Americans are that stupid and rude

sweetpee_1993

I just had a funny thought. :lol:

When I was a kid and our outside cats would get into fights we wouldn't try to break them up ((I mean..heellloooo..they have claws..ouch)) so we would either hose 'em down with the garden hose or throw a pitcher or glass of water from inside. CM's could just walk around with water guns on hip holsters like cowboys. LOL! When an argument or fight starts they can call for security and start squirting like mad!!! It would be a diversion, huh???? Plus, it'd be real entertainment for the bystanders!!!

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

((((just kiddin, folks))))

chels26

thats really unfortunate.. i've been there when people have had arugments but thats the worst thing i have ever heard..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom