Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG

Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG

That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

becca_

Original Poster
AK Con't:
mAocqVR8TzK99gTKChpK8g.jpg

This pre show guy continues to make me feel... uhh... uncomfortable

We stopped at the bathroom and continued on our way after our flight finished
cK7vqP7zQrqP2pckuJWHPg.jpg

R673oUsmQsOglNuNtLoF7Q.jpg

We made our way over to grab some ice cream while we waited for our next FP to open up, which we had grabbed one for KS.
WdoqL3ZIR2W2jJFhn7kt7Q.jpg
yk4Uf1g+SFa1rTNIG6B2aw.jpg
Oz0Kuf3hQSmkm1ecnD15uw.jpg

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
Off we went on our safari!
4filz2W5SP6AWQGTBTA%PA.jpg
TYzHxgozTyKal6EViIwIVg.jpg
AvNAaVu9QZil2TMOAQiHDQ.jpg
j3DE40dGTUemYwYt3is0ew.jpg

Next - more AK!

becca_

Original Poster
Sorry for leaving y'all hanging AGAIN... I'm going to seriously 100% actually try and finish this up tonight before finals start and I forget again :hilarious:

AK Con't:
IMG_1674.jpg

This safari was less interesting, so I didn't take as many pictures as I did in the morning.

After our journey, we went to Rainforest Cafe to grab something to eat.
IMG_1675.jpg
IMG_1676.jpg

We sat at the bar & were able to sit down right away! I had a Shirley Temple and my mom had a white wine... I think Pino Grigio...
IMG_1677.jpg

Glad we were not waiting in that line!
IMG_1678.jpg

I got chicken fingers and the weird crumbles underneath were like onion things?? Like what you put on green bean casserole? I think?
IMG_1679.jpg

My mom got coconut shrimp, sorry for this awful picture :hilarious:

We left and walked around for a bit. We had one more FP coming up...
IMG_1680.jpg
IMG_1681.jpg
IMG_1682.jpg
IMG_1683.jpg

Next up: more AK!

becca_

Original Poster
AK con't:
Made a pitstop for some ice cream! It was really hot still so it felt so nice to be refreshed.
IMG_1684.jpg

After I finished, I headed to Everest!
IMG_1757.JPG
IMG_1685.jpg
IMG_1686.jpg

Just me this time, Mom sat out! She doesn't like to do this ride more than once or twice.

After I got off, we headed to Dinosaur for our last ride.
IMG_1687.jpg
IMG_1688.jpg
IMG_1758.JPG

The little boy behind us was actually really scared so I don't think their pose was too planned LOL
IMG_1689.jpg
IMG_1690.jpg

With that we left. I wanted to stay for Rivers of Light but Mom wasn't feeling it. She agreed to swim when we got back to the hotel. Spoiler alert - we never did. I was really upset for a while, it felt like we wasted an entire night at DISNEY!!! And I also thought I wasn't going to make it back for a full year. I feel better about it now and I'm slightly glad we left so we could pack and make for an easier morning.
IMG_1691.jpg

Goodnight, AK!

becca_

Original Poster
Last Night/Day:
IMG_1695.jpg

Got into bed.....

The next morning, we checked our bags in at the airline desk.
IMG_1697.jpg
IMG_1698.jpg

And we went to grab some breakfast!
IMG_1699.jpg
IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1702.jpg

One last look......
IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

We grabbed some lunch (Which was NOT Chick-fil-a.... But we did get one here in Buffalo Thursday and I've already been twice so...)
IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

Made it onto our flight...

becca_

Original Poster
Home
....And made it home safe!
IMG_1708.jpg

Looking back, I had an awesome time. I am so happy that I got to spend time with my Mom in my absolute favorite place in the world. I am so excited to be going back in March with both my mom and grandma! I'll post those details a bit later.

Here are some of the things I bought this trip...
IMG_1709.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg
IMG_1711.jpg
IMG_1712.jpg
IMG_1713.jpg
IMG_1714.jpg
IMG_1715.jpg
IMG_1716.jpg

Got this for Daniel :)
IMG_1717.jpg

And much, much more!

So that's all I have for this report.
Seriously.... THANK YOU for sticking around. School really gets in the way of trip reporting, huh? ;)
Hope y'all are ready for two more this upcoming year.
Have a happy holiday season everyone!!!
:inlove:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Home
....And made it home safe!
View attachment 329820
Looking back, I had an awesome time. I am so happy that I got to spend time with my Mom in my absolute favorite place in the world. I am so excited to be going back in March with both my mom and grandma! I'll post those details a bit later.

Here are some of the things I bought this trip...
View attachment 329821View attachment 329822View attachment 329823View attachment 329824View attachment 329825View attachment 329826View attachment 329827View attachment 329828
Got this for Daniel :)
View attachment 329829
And much, much more!

So that's all I have for this report.
Seriously.... THANK YOU for sticking around. School really gets in the way of trip reporting, huh? ;)
Hope y'all are ready for two more this upcoming year.
Have a happy holiday season everyone!!!
:inlove:

Very fun report! Thank you for sharing your experiences and photos. Have a happy holiday season. :happy:

riverside

Premium Member
I enjoyed your TR!! Thanks for sharing!!
I love all the merchandise you bought & it made me realize I must be living under a rock b/c I have never noticed
any of the things that you purchased!! I better start paying closer attention to things!!

becca_

Original Poster
@becca_ are you sure you didn’t teleport to Epcot yesterday? Cause if not, you definitely have a dopplegänger!
I really wish I was!! Unfortunately I was in the library studying for finals :bookworm:

I enjoyed your TR!! Thanks for sharing!!
I love all the merchandise you bought & it made me realize I must be living under a rock b/c I have never noticed
any of the things that you purchased!! I better start paying closer attention to things!!
I think sometimes I never say that I get stuff because I forget (since I did drag this out for 7 months LOL)
Thank you!! :joyfull:

Coralie

Thank you so much for the amazing report! I've just finished my third nursing semester, trip reports are the only thing that keep me sane :hilarious:

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi Becca
I will be in your “backyard” soon
Fly out fro Buffalo on Sat Dec 22
Good luck with school and the nanny job(assume you still have or will have again? - very long report you know)
Looking forward to your next TR
Merry Christmas to you and your family

Max

becca_

Original Poster
Hi Becca
I will be in your “backyard” soon
Fly out fro Buffalo on Sat Dec 22
Good luck with school and the nanny job(assume you still have or will have again? - very long report you know)
Looking forward to your next TR
Merry Christmas to you and your family

Max
Have a great trip!! No nannying for me but I will be working... after I take a few days off to relax :joyfull:

Merry Christmas!

becca_

Original Poster
Semester is finally over and somehow I managed to get a 4.0 :joyfull: I guess putting my TR off for so long payed off!

Next trip plans!! Woohoo!! I am so happy I can say this because I really thought I was going to have to wait until June to go but @blgauger called my bluff ;)

When: March 18th - 24th
Who: GJ and I, with a guest appearance by my Mother (flying in the 20th)
Where: Old Key West!! I've never stayed here before so I am super excited about!
Why: Spring Break/Girls trip :p

So basically I haven't planned anything yet for this trip LOL, I have been super focused on school and not to mention I am leaving for Peru in 2.5 weeks! I'm doing a service trip with my nursing school so I've been trying to get organized for that as well.

I do know we have Via Napoli reservations on Friday so I guess that will be an Epcot day :joyfull:

I'll probably end up planning the entire thing right now since I have nothing else to do (having no school is amazing) :angelic:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Semester is finally over and somehow I managed to get a 4.0 :joyfull: I guess putting my TR off for so long payed off!

Next trip plans!! Woohoo!! I am so happy I can say this because I really thought I was going to have to wait until June to go but @blgauger called my bluff ;)

When: March 18th - 24th
Who: GJ and I, with a guest appearance by my Mother (flying in the 20th)
Where: Old Key West!! I've never stayed here before so I am super excited about!
Why: Spring Break/Girls trip :p

So basically I haven't planned anything yet for this trip LOL, I have been super focused on school and not to mention I am leaving for Peru in 2.5 weeks! I'm doing a service trip with my nursing school so I've been trying to get organized for that as well.

I do know we have Via Napoli reservations on Friday so I guess that will be an Epcot day :joyfull:

I'll probably end up planning the entire thing right now since I have nothing else to do (having no school is amazing) :angelic:

Congrats on the 4.0!

becca_

Original Poster
Today was FP day!! I didn’t do any of them though because I’m actually in Peru right now and have been for the past week and a half!! I’ll share some pictures along with my FP plans. I went on a mission trip with my nursing school and I had an amazing time. I’m on my way home now so when I get there I’ll definitely share some pictures and stuff! ☺️

sheriffwoody

Today was FP day!! I didn’t do any of them though because I’m actually in Peru right now and have been for the past week and a half!! I’ll share some pictures along with my FP plans. I went on a mission trip with my nursing school and I had an amazing time. I’m on my way home now so when I get there I’ll definitely share some pictures and stuff! ☺️
That is so awesome! I was loving your pictures on instagram. Our nursing school does a trip to the Dominican Republic every year. They just got back late last night. I'm so glad to hear other schools do stuff like that!

becca_

Original Poster
That is so awesome! I was loving your pictures on instagram. Our nursing school does a trip to the Dominican Republic every year. They just got back late last night. I'm so glad to hear other schools do stuff like that!
Thank you!! It was an experience I will never forget. I'm so glad I went because I don't think I ever would have considered going to Peru otherwise. All of the people we helped were so grateful too and that made it so worthwhile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom