Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG

Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG

That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

becca_

Original Poster
Looking forward to reading and seeing photos of your trip.
I hope you managed to see some sun!
Yay! Glad you're here! And yes eventually the sun came out :joyfull:
Girl, we ran into the same issue last trip! They need to open earlier :)

It is indeed :)

Can't wait to hear more!
It was so dumb because there were literally 7 people working at 3:30 and they all were standing around saying, "We open at 4!!!" like um... ok... LOL

becca_

Original Poster
Following. Loving your Mother/daughter trip! I just mentioned a girl trip to my daughter today, and she's onboard to do it. :) Just have to figure out the logistics. We'd have a blast together, and I know you and your Mom do too.
I love mother/daughter trips!! My mom and I have done quite a few in the past, although I was a bit younger :) They're so much fun! Usually I'm away at college and will probably end up moving out next summer so I cherish those times!

becca_

Original Poster
Hollywood Studios continued -
First stop was the bathroom :hilarious: Not very exciting but hey, at least I'm honest!
IMG_0619.jpg

We were going to go into these ones but there was a line so we moved on.
IMG_0620.jpg
IMG_0621.jpg

At least we got good use of the rain jackets :hilarious:
IMG_0622.jpg

I actually didn't go to the bathroom so I waited in a store to keep "dry" (like that was going to happen today.. LOL)
IMG_0624.jpg

Sent my friends at home a rainy selfie....

Mom came out shortly and we headed to our first ride!
IMG_0625.jpg

We were talking about how we take the same 100 photos every single trip and she's right LOL I probably have this same exact photo from every trip!!
IMG_0626.jpg
IMG_0627.jpg

We rode single rider so we were in 2 different cars, but the same ride cycle
IMG_1729.JPG

The little kid I was next to was so cute! I asked if he liked this ride and he was so shy haha
IMG_1730.JPG

HAHAHA My mom reminds me of the picture of GJ on this ride... (See past TR for that gem :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: )
My Mom really doesn't like this ride but she said its quick enough she can't even tell!

After the concert we headed to our next attraction!

Next - more DHS!

becca_

Original Poster
Hollywood Studios con't:
If you know me at all, you'll know my next ride was on ToT!
IMG_0628.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg

We had a FP+ for this one...
IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

Hence the picture of my MB to remind me :hilarious: Always in TR mode!
IMG_0632.jpg

Lights for @Doc Disney :happy:
IMG_0634.jpg
IMG_0635.jpg

Hollywood. 1939.
IMG_1731.JPG

LOL we make the best faces. My mom looks TERRIFIED!

After we... dropped in.... we headed in search of a pretzel!
IMG_0636.jpg

Next - more DHS!

becca_

Original Poster
Ha! I always feel this way too. I think I love it though and then I am on it and I’m like “Ahhh this is not fun I don’t really like this why did I think I like this!” And then it’s over :hilarious:
Hahaha she says the exact same thing!!
No face will ever beat GJ :p I really hope that as it is raining so far that it is rain in your title and no one spat on you
So far no spit ;)

becca_

Original Poster
DHS Con't:
We quickly found some!
IMG_0638.jpg
IMG_0639.jpg

Sorry but I was hungry :hilarious:
While we snacked, the rain began to let up!!!
IMG_0640.jpg
IMG_0641.jpg

We took off our ponchos and headed around Echo Lake to take some pictures of Gertie
IMG_0643.jpg
IMG_0644.jpg
IMG_0645.jpg

:inlove:

Then we headed into the gift shops along the main entrance (Hollywood Blvd??) and I grabbed this while my mom got a magnet of her own:
IMG_0646.jpg

Which is now being distributed in Epcot :bored:
IMG_0647.jpg

Since it had stopped raining, we tried to find a PP photographer.
IMG_0648.jpg

And we were successful! However the pictures turned out bad so I'll let you just imagine them :hilarious:

Next - more rides, more rain, more fun!!

becca_

Original Poster
DHS Con't:
We headed to Launch Bay (except I think we went into the wrong part because there wasn't much to look at??)
IMG_0649.jpg
IMG_0650.jpg
IMG_0651.jpg

Then it was nearing the time for the March of the First Order so we decided to head that way to grab a spot
IMG_0652.jpg

aaaannnddd... Then the skies opened up!! So no First Order for us :(
IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

We headed to One Man's Dream/new name to take a look around before our next FP opened up!
IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg
IMG_0660.jpg
IMG_0661.jpg

I have no clue why I always take so many pictures in here LOL its always the same stuff!!

Next - more DHS!

becca_

Original Poster
DHS con't:
IMG_0662.jpg

Blurry but I never noticed this guy before! Cute!!
IMG_0663.jpg
IMG_0664.jpg

As we were looking at the Toy Story Land section, Green Army Men came out and Sarge looked at me (I was smiling) and asked me if anything was funny :hilarious: They're so entertaining!!

We pretty much followed them outside to see that they had started some games with little kiddos.
IMG_0665.jpg
IMG_0666.jpg
IMG_0667.jpg

We had like 5-10 minutes before our FP so we stopped at the bathrooms and then headed over!
IMG_0668.jpg
IMG_0669.jpg
IMG_0670.jpg
IMG_0671.jpg

The last time I'll ever go through this entrance!!!!! :eek::cry: I hope TSL blows everyone away because I have tried to vouch for it many times :hilarious:

Next - Someone wins best in car... :angelic:

becca_

Original Poster
DHS Con't:
I told you all before I left off that someone had won best in car... I think you can all guess by now who that was!!!
IMG_0673.jpg

Not him...
IMG_0674.jpg

(We did not go to the third track - is this the third track??)
IMG_0675.jpg

Ah, sweet victory!!
IMG_0676.jpg

I need to somehow get into the 200,000 range... hmm..
IMG_0678.jpg
IMG_0679.jpg
IMG_0680.jpg

Still drizzling slightly when we walked out, but I needed to take some pictures for GJ and for my own sake since Pixar Place will be gone by the time I come back!
IMG_0681.jpg
IMG_0682.jpg

Next - more DHS!

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 91

becca_

Original Poster
DHS Con't:
IMG_0685.jpg
IMG_0686.jpg
IMG_0687.jpg
IMG_0688.jpg

After my photoshoot, we decided to head to grab lunch. If you have read my past TRs you know exactly where we were headed.
IMG_0689.jpg

It started raining harder on the way over (of course) but it wasn't really windy so we headed outside to eat.
IMG_0690.jpg

We got chips instead of salads because I don't like the dressing that comes on it and I don't think my mom was feeling vegetables just yet :p
IMG_0691.jpg

As we ate, it started DOWNPOURING!!! Like insane amounts of water. It was thundering and lightning as well. We were glad we did DHS this day for that exact reason, imagine trying to get through MK like that!
IMG_0692.jpg

Muppets was up next. My favorite 3D show on property (this changes daily)
IMG_0693.jpg
IMG_0694.jpg

We had a FP for it, not like we needed it, but Star Tours is out of the question when it comes to my mom. Plus I can take it or leave it.

Up next - last bit of DHS

becca_

Original Poster
DHS Con't:
IMG_0695.jpg
IMG_0696.jpg

I just love this fountain!

I made a FP for ToT that started pretty much as soon as MV3D was done, so we headed out of the theater and luckily...
IMG_0697.jpg

SUNSHINE!!! And no rain!!! :D
IMG_0699.jpg
IMG_0700.jpg
IMG_0702.jpg
IMG_0703.jpg

We stopped for a moment to see if the March of the First Order was up but I'm 90% sure they cancelled every show that day. I'm still kinda mad about it (but totally understand the rain not being safe etc.)
IMG_0704.jpg

So we meet again...

Up next - more DHS and way more rain :banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 105

becca_

Original Poster
DHS Con't:
I didn't mean to take this of just these girls but why do parents let their children climb all over everything????? It annoys me so much!
IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg
IMG_0707.jpg
IMG_0708.jpg
IMG_0709.jpg
IMG_0710.jpg
IMG_1733.JPG

Hahahah this cracks me up!

After our last ride, we stopped in some stores, hit the bathrooms and headed out!
IMG_0711.jpg

Hm who could this remind me of?? @blgauger ;)
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0713.jpg

And as soon as we started to leave... the skies opened up...

Next - Rain, rain, go away!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom