Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG

Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG

That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

becca_

Original Poster
Wednesday May 30th - Travel Day!

Our flight out of Buffalo was early. Like ungodly early. The plane left at 5:30am, putting us in Orlando at 7:50am. That meant we had to be up at 3 am o_Oo_Oo_O Luckily, my mother's husband works 2nd shift so he didn't get home until 2:30 and just drove us to the airport. I had only gotten maybe 3 hours of sleep but I WAS GOING TO DISNEY !!!!! so that didn't matter :joyfull:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be57.jpg

My normal travel day attire with my new suitcase that I got for my birthday!! It is seriously HUGE. I packed so much and it weighed only 41 pounds! Room for souvenirs!!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be58.jpg

Passholder slider on... yellow magic band (plus 4 others that I brought) :cool:
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be59.jpg

Literally the blurriest picture in the world, but it is timestamped at 3:14am!

We got to the airport and used the SW kiosk to check in and get our boarding passes.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be5a.jpg

After an empty security line we headed to Tim Hortons to grab food, except it wasn't open until 4 :rolleyes: so we had to wait a bit.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be5b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be5c.jpg

We got in line and soon enough we were enjoying our breakfast!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be5d.jpg

My mom got a sesame bagel and a coffee, I got a plain bagel and a frozen hot chocolate. Fun fact - I used to work at Tim Hortons (not the one in the airport) and that's actually where Daniel and I met :inlove: Fell in love over timbits and double doubles!!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be5e.jpg

Headed to the gate and I think this is the place @Doc Disney usually stops?? Correct me if I'm wrong :hilarious:

Since we were in the A group, we boarded in no time!
IMG_0591 copy.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_be60.jpg

We got a whole row to ourselves because the flight was not full! Score!

Next - more plane/travel photos

becca_

Original Poster
May 30th - Travel Day con't:
IMG_0593.jpg

I tried sleeping the whole flight since I was exhausted and I think I slept for about an hour maybe an hour and a half.
IMG_0594.jpg

I did catch some of the sun rise!
IMG_0595.png

Before I knew it, we were almost there! We arrived a little early, too, which was great.
IMG_0596.jpg
IMG_0597.jpg

Unfortunately, when we touched down, we were greeted with rain :arghh: but we decided that no matter what, we would make the best of it!
IMG_0598.jpg

Hopped on the fonorail and headed to baggage claim. We didn't take DME this trip since we were renting a car (I was secretly sad about this... you'll see soon LOL)

We grabbed our bags and quickly changed before getting the car and heading out!
IMG_0599.jpg

We had some form of a Mitsubishi... sorry I have no idea what kind LOL
IMG_0600.jpg

On the way there it was very very rainy!
IMG_0601.jpg

Quick already humid hair selfie :hilarious:
IMG_0602.jpg

Soon we were seeing Disney signs!! :joyfull::joyfull:

Next - more travel and I promise you'll see some park pictures :cat:

becca_

Original Poster

becca_

Original Poster
Travel Day con't:
IMG_0607.jpg

Rainy but YAY!

We headed to our first park, Hollywood Studios! I like doing this park on the first day because there's really only a few things I MUST do here (until SW:GE opens of course)

IMG_0608.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg

Speaking of SW:GE... some construction as we drove through!
IMG_0610.png

What we were listening to :hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_0611.jpg

Skyliner!
IMG_0613.jpg

We parked in Donald Music and headed in!
IMG_0615.jpg

It was really steady rain so we had on our rain coats.
IMG_0616.jpg
IMG_0617.jpg

First of the trip!! :happy:
IMG_0618.jpg

We were finally here!!

Next - more DHS and more rain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom