Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

LilWalt

When I was there in Nov 2006, we spent the day at EPCOT and i decided to drink, or try to, around the world. well I made it about half way and found the little pub in United Kingdom and spent most of the day there. Well that night as my friends joined me there, I was pretty gone by then. A husband and wife joined us at our table and I told them that one of my friends was having "her time of the month". Well after that we caught a boat back to Swan and Dolphin and during the boat ride home I puked off the back of the boat. I got a lot of looks from kids and parents, different kinds but both gave looks.

MickeyMitch

My OMG Moment…

When I was younger, (I can't remember how old, probably between the ages of 9 or 10?) my family was waiting for the monorail at the Contemporary on our way to MK, when my older brother (13-14?) struck a conversation up with the cast member who lets you on the Monorail (I don't what the "right" name for that job is) about energy drinks (for whatever reason?) The cast member who lets you on the monorail then decided to relay information to my brother about the pleasure that is taking the drug SPEED in reference to how much better it is then RED BULL!

He then went on to tell my brother how it feels to be on the drug, and even how much to take at a time! My mother, was clearly not paying attention at the beginning of the conversation, quickly cut out of her daze when she heard the last bit and immediately told my brother to stop talking to the cast member and to get away from him.

I'm not sure whether she reported him or not, but I'm sure he learned his lesson because he got red in the face and shut up :hammer:; LESSON: Don't mess with a mother, especially an italian one, that DOESN'T want her children knowing about drugs and how to use them, LET ALONE FROM A GUY WHO WORKS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD!

mgf

A few years back, we were at Epcot celebrating. My brother, sister, my aunt (in her 60's), and I entered a pastry shop in a country that might also have a boat ride. There we stand, matching Disney shirts and all, and a male CM for some reason starts talking to us about President G.W. Bush. (No politics intended.) As the awkward conversation progresses, he looks at us and says, "You know. Fighting for peace is like ____ing for virginity." Needless to say, we were all pretty shocked and speechless.

FiveDozenEggs

This subject has inspired me to stop lurking and join up!

In November of '07 DW and I were on our Honeymoon and were waiting in line at MK to board the bus back to POP. Far off to the side of the queue area was a family with a woman in a wheelchair, I happened to notice them because I was waiting on that end, but they were a ways away from where I usually saw other wheelchair passengers wait, at the front of the queue. When the bus arrived, the family at the front of the line began to step toward the door to the bus, before a guy with the wheelchair family ran up and yelled to the father, "HEY PAL, WE GOT A HANDICAPPED PERSON HERE, HAVE SOME RESPECT!" The man trying to board the bus was taken by surprise and obviously didn't see the woman in the wheelchair and apologized. The guy continued to taunt and berate the other man both during boarding and on the ride back to POP, inviting him to "COME BACK HERE AND EXPLAIN TO MY FACE WHY YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THE HANDICAPPED!" The rest of this guy's family, including the woman in the wheelchair, were pleading with him to cut it out. I didn't know whether to feel worse for the guy getting yelled at, or the family of the guy yelling.

Slightly off topic, but others mentioned experiences with Gay Days. Didn't have one personally, but a group of my coworkers were headed to a conference in Orlando last year during that time. They all decided to spend a day at MK, and one of my female coworkers was familiar with the event, and convinced two other male coworkers that they should wear red shirts to "make it easier to find each other in the crowds." :lol:

hrcollectibles

Slightly off topic, but others mentioned experiences with Gay Days. Didn't have one personally, but a group of my coworkers were headed to a conference in Orlando last year during that time. They all decided to spend a day at MK, and one of my female coworkers was familiar with the event, and convinced two other male coworkers that they should wear red shirts to "make it easier to find each other in the crowds." :lol:
lol.. During my Freshman year of High School one of the Clubs I joined went on a behind the scenes tour. After the tour we were able to enjoy the theme parks...Well before packing for the trip my mom said I should wear one of my school shirts (Our colors were red and black) and being the rebelious teenager I did not. After the tour we split into 3 groups (6 in each group, 5 Students and one adult) .. We didn't think much about what we ay until. I saw a grown man wearing daisy dukes, half shirt and Minnie Mouse ears... It wasn't until we left the park that we noticed a sign outside the gates that said something to the effect that Disney does not deny access to anyone because of race, religion or sexual orientation. Keep in mind this was about 17 ears ago.... The kicker all of the shaparones were wearing RED SHIRTS...lol

Firepath

Here's a twist to the abusive parent story. A few years ago my kids and I were waiting for our bus outside Epcot. The family in front of us could've been on one of those Nanny 911 shows. The Mom and Dad were absolutely clueless how to handle their son (about 3 yrs old) and daughter (about 4 yrs old). The little girl was punching her parents and brother very agressively, and yelling incessently, taking things out of their bags and hurling them out into the parking lot, etc. Not just a tired kid meltdown, but way, way beyond that. The parents just tried to ignore her which only made it worse. Then the boy joined in. Everyone else waiting was amazed and kind of talking amongst themselves about these out of control kids. This really set the girl off. She started yelling at everyone around her to stop looking at her and threatened to go after them, too. Still, nothing from the parents. Finally the mom said something about how she knew they were tired and hungry and they were going to the restaurant as soon as they got back to their resort. Then started bribing them with offers of gifts to shut them up. It was almost like a passive form of child abuse. Finally the bus came and we got as far away from them as possible. :zipit: Needless to say, we did NOT eat dinner at the resort restaurant. Am I the only one who always insisted when my kids were little that they get their mid-day naps while at WDW?

DimpledDevil18

Bumping this thread back up because it has entertained me so much. Hmm... I guess I have a story or two to contribute...

First one was I had to be maybe 13 and my family and I were waiting to board the ferry to Magic Kingdom. There was this woman in front of us (this is in August mind you in like 95 degree heat) who lifted her arms and I swear she had the hairiest pits I've ever seen on a woman. Gross!

The other was just a really creepy experience I had at Pleasure Island. My friend and I were there one night on our spring break at one of the clubs. (Don't remember the name, but it was all Top 40 music with video screens). Anyway the average age of anyone there had to range from like 18-28. I was only 20 at the time and since most bars and clubs here in NY don't allow you in until you are 21, it was my first real "club" experience. My friend was 22 and more experienced with fending off unwanted male attention, so before we arrived that evening we planned to work out a 'code' of sorts. If a guy approached either one of us and we began to feel uncomfortable we'd subtly tug on a strand of hair to alert the other to intervene. So, we seem to be having fun. My friend is talking to this guy and I was dancing when all of a sudden this really strange looking Asian guy in a sweatshirt and a baseball cap appears out of nowhere. He's got to be at least 35 if not older and is obviously not dressed like most guys in the bar and to make it worse he's dancing like my Dad thinking he's cool. I instantly get this "creepy" vibe so I'm trying to move away when all of a sudden he grabs me from behind and starts grinding himself up against me! Being so young and naive I panick and don't think to try elbowing him or stepping on his toe or trying to give him a good old knee to the groin. Instead I try to wriggle away, but his arms are locked around my waist. All I can remember is my friend telling me to pull on my hair if I need help. Well, I start to tug at my hair, but of course she is so preoccupied flirting with the guy she was talking to near the bar that she doesn't notice I'm practically being dry humped here. I kept pulling at my hair harder and harder until it prolly looked like I was trying to pull it out of my head before the guy she was talking to looks up and goes, "Uhh... I think your friend is in trouble..." (Ya think?) Anyway thankfully enough he was a decent enough guy to come over and grab me away from the scary Asian man and dance me back to safety.

It wasn't funny at all at the time, but at least now I can look back at it and laugh.

glee

I women was swearing t her infant child once in disney. :mad: Really annoyed me.

Some boys about 14,15 were spitting over people on the bridge of splash mountain but some man told them off.:cry::mad::mad::mad: I would not be able to hold my temper if they did that to me. :mad::rolleyes::eek:

drossjr

While on our trip to the world in 2006 my fiance's first time we went in July and it was hot but we enjoy the heat so not a problem for us. Anyway that week happened to be very hot and alot of Brazilian tour groups were there as well. We were walking thru Liberty Square and their is a snack area that sells drinks and fresh fruit, the drinks were in buckets of ice and all these kids went over and started grabbing ice with their bare hands and sticking it in their mouths and water bottles and didnt purchase anything, rather nasty when you think of the amount of people that don't wash their hands! :hurl:

steener618

When I was a CM at MK back in 2004, I remember seeing a woman change her kid's diaper IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAIN ST. CINEMA!!! It was disgusting. I told her to leave but she ignored me, finished the changing and left.

CitizenRob

This is a true story. Happened a few years ago. We were waiting in line at Planet Hollywood and this young boy starts to vomit. He's just standing there puking on the floor. Nobody's doing anything (As in GETTING A MOP) and by the time his dad notices it, the floor is just covered, so he grabs him and takes the boy outside where he proceeds to throw up over the railing. :cry:

DebDeb

Extreme Makeover or Extreme Bad Behavior?

You know you see on Extreme Home Makeover the families staying at WDW. Well last summer my daughter's were at the pool late one night and met a group of boys that were staying at the Grand Floridian. They were all in their late teens early twenties and were from Detroit I think. The boys said they were a singing group and were performing at the House of Blues the next morning which was a Sunday and would be singing Gospel. They seemed to be enjoying the surroundings. We overheard one of them telling another guest that when they got there they thought that everything was free. So the first night that ordered room service bottles of Champagne, steaks, lobster etc. and later found out that the show wouldn't pay for such. They didn't seem to stop them from getting alcohol another way though. Long story short they all get in the hot tub and start chatting it up with the girls , its all innocent enough at first .Then they tried to get a little to friendly with our girls (16 and 19 at the time) inviting them to party in their room. They also told anyone who would listen how they had trashed their room and that had complaints about being too loud. Mind you my husband and I were at the pool as well watching and listening from a distance. I don’t think they realized mom and dad were there until we all decided to call it a night and left with the boys telling them to hook up with them the next day. Needless to say our girls didn't hook up with them! They hoped and prayed that they were too drunk to remember. Disney and ABC they would have not been impressed!

spfldfan

You know you see on Extreme Home Makeover the families staying at WDW. Well last summer my daughter's were at the pool late one night and met a group of boys that were staying at the Grand Floridian. They were all in their late teens early twenties and were from Detroit I think. The boys said they were a singing group and were performing at the House of Blues the next morning which was a Sunday and would be singing Gospel. They seemed to be enjoying the surroundings. We overheard one of them telling another guest that when they got there they thought that everything was free. So the first night that ordered room service bottles of Champagne, steaks, lobster etc. and later found out that the show wouldn't pay for such. They didn't seem to stop them from getting alcohol another way though. Long story short they all get in the hot tub and start chatting it up with the girls , its all innocent enough at first .Then they tried to get a little to friendly with our girls (16 and 19 at the time) inviting them to party in their room. They also told anyone who would listen how they had trashed their room and that had complaints about being too loud. Mind you my husband and I were at the pool as well watching and listening from a distance. I don’t think they realized mom and dad were there until we all decided to call it a night and left with the boys telling them to hook up with them the next day. Needless to say our girls didn't hook up with them! They hoped and prayed that they were too drunk to remember. Disney and ABC they would have not been impressed!

Obviously Gospel must be the only way they can make it becuase it does not sounds like they were singing it for their belief/values.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom