Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

seahawk7

A couple of years ago, a man was standing on the bus going back to our bus from the MK. It was late and he was VERY drunk. He happened to be standing next to my daughter and the bus was very crowded so I couldn't change seats with her. He began to hover over her and drool! I thought he was going to pass out. His friends held him up, and I watched him like a hawk in case I needed to channel my "Mama Bear." Nothing more happened and when I complained to the front desk at my hotel they just apologized and said they can't exclude guests from boarding the bus.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A couple of years ago, a man was standing on the bus going back to our bus from the MK. It was late and he was VERY drunk. He happened to be standing next to my daughter and the bus was very crowded so I couldn't change seats with her. He began to hover over her and drool! I thought he was going to pass out. His friends held him up, and I watched him like a hawk in case I needed to channel my "Mama Bear." Nothing more happened and when I complained to the front desk at my hotel they just apologized and said they can't exclude guests from boarding the bus.
I understand your concern, but I do wonder what good complaining to a desk clerk is going to do about some guest being drunk on a bus.

WDWResort

:facepalm: This is why I never use Disney transportation. Aside from being at the mercy of other cars and a driver, I don't like being crowded in a bus. Sorry you had that experience and glad nothing came of it. :)

psukardi

Or the inevitable judgmental polar opposite from the usual Richards who are able to diagnose a person with a single glance....
And then the eventual, "no one games the system. they all need it...every single one of them"

listen, I get it. Some people need assistance and they should get it. But to ignore the fact that there are people gaming the system or just being lazy is naive and foolish

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And then the eventual, "no one games the system. they all need it...every single one of them"

listen, I get it. Some people need assistance and they should get it. But to ignore the fact that there are people gaming the system or just being lazy is naive and foolish
I'm not ignoring anything. Just not playing the Richard role and blanketing everyone in a ECV or wheelchair with the same label....

WDWVolFan

My wife and I were talking and we remembered two things from our last trip:

- A woman, in her 20s-30s, wearing shorts and belly shirt with her thong hanging out. It wasn't like she bent over and it showed...so it was showing as she walked...
- We were at MK during Pride Day, which let me preface by saying that I have gay friends and support them, any way, there was a gay gentleman wearing a t-shirt that said: "My BJ (spelled out) brings all the boys to the yard"

In my view, whether it's thong woman or t-shirt dude, Disney should have asked them both to fix their attire.

jaklgreen

Well for the record I straddle both sides of the fence on this issue. When I see someone get off a stroller and walk without a care my thought process is often "Wha...why they...they don't need...oooooh...OK...I don't know 'em...that could very well be as much as they can walk...they could be doing their best to avoid walking like a limp so they look 'normal' and not get looks of pity...hey look a shiny object" and the curiosity and the rage are both gone.

The transition gets faster as I get older. In part because EVERYTHING in my body hurts now, but I'm pretty good at not showing it. As I write it seems (according to people who've dealt with similar issues) that I have some kind of pinched sciatic nerve after throwing my back out, the pain steers from my back around my right, down my butt cheek and around to the front of my leg like one long perpetual "charley horse." I can walk without looking like an old man but I need to get it checked before my next trip or else it's gonna be unbearable. So I can better relate to people who put on that brave face because they don't want to draw attention to themselves. I know I don't want to draw attention to myself. It's hard enough I'm so damned handsome.

When I was pregnant I had the pinched sciatic nerve and what helped my was a good massage therapist. They can work the muscle off of the nerve. I found that the way I walked was being changed due to the pregnancy and it has shifted from my normal gait causing the pinched nerve. The doctor can't really do anything for you except prescribe pain meds but a good message/physical therapist can work wonders.

tahqa

Apparently this happened today

Attachments

• 10411923_10152252727892917_370482324168693454_n.jpg
    10411923_10152252727892917_370482324168693454_n.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 225

sporadic

Last year we were in line for the Cars or Monsters meet & greet, forget which it was. A family in front of us had their kid go pee behind a planter on the pavement..

Last edited:

eliezrah

OMG that's horrible!!! It's one thing if a young child has an accident, but to stand there and LET your child do that! I would NEVER let any of my kids do that! Sheesh... I don't even let my boys pee in our backyard!

graphite1326

OMG that's horrible!!! It's one thing if a young child has an accident, but to stand there and LET your child do that! I would NEVER let any of my kids do that! Sheesh... I don't even let my boys pee in our backyard!
I pee in my back yard all the time. Of courser it's 19 acres and no one is around.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Last year we were in line for the Cars or Monsters meet & greet, forget which it was. A family in front of us had their kid go pee behind a planter on the pavement..

I pee in my back yard all the time. Of courser it's 19 acres and no one is around.
Think I would rather step in some pee than the stuff from the other side or vomit for that matter.

While it's certainly not acceptable, there are worse things.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My wife and I were talking and we remembered two things from our last trip:

- A woman, in her 20s-30s, wearing shorts and belly shirt with her thong hanging out. It wasn't like she bent over and it showed...so it was showing as she walked...
- We were at MK during Pride Day, which let me preface by saying that I have gay friends and support them, any way, there was a gay gentleman wearing a t-shirt that said: "My BJ (spelled out) brings all the boys to the yard"

In my view, whether it's thong woman or t-shirt dude, Disney should have asked them both to fix their attire.

Wow, I'm surprised they let him into the park wearing that shirt. Don't they have a rule about shirts with, well, objectionable sayings like that? Imagine you being the parent having to explain THAT to your 6 year old....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom