Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

note2001

Anyone who's ever camped at Fort Wilderness knows the fort has charm and a sense of peace and saftey to it you just don't find at any other campground in America. over the years we've gotten to see many creatures we never would have seen in our own yard at home. I was about 7 when my brother and I went down to a pond. After standing there for a bit I heard a splash and I glanced over to see the snout of an alligator taking something white and feathery down under. o_O My brother never saw it and insisted it never happened "because it's Disney". However, this was before I was aware there were alligators in Florida.

pais

I feel kinda bad about this one...monorail ride out of MK after long day....about 45 minutes before park closed....stop at CR...big rude family gets on when there was clearly no room...pushing shoving...sitting on top of my wife and baby (i was standing)sitting on top of my daughters to the point where they had to get up...speaking...no yelling something other than english....pulling into TTC, i was about to lose it when the lady says to me in broken english.... her face an inch from mime.....is this magic kingdom? Yes, i said...yes it is...
off they went...have a nice night
I wish I could 'like' this one a hundred times!!!!

harlock2977

I saw a couple of guys slugging it out in the Epcot parking lot (I believe it was in the Amaze section). All the while, the two pugilists women were cheering their respective champions to victory. This was done during the F&W festival. I also saw a woman twerking outside of The American Adventure during the same festival but different year.

Weather_Lady

I posted this on a similar thread a year or so ago, but we saw a French-speaking family in Adventureland once --- middle-aged Mom and Dad and son and daughter no older than 14 -- and the daughter was wearing denim shorts cut up to the hip on each side, so that her butt cheeks were completely exposed in the back! I'm not talking about some modest cheek cleavage -- we were looking at the whole cheek from hip-level down. It was like a cross between Daisy Dukes and a thong bikini bottom. We couldn't believe that she was strolling around like that with her entire family, and had no idea how she had been permitted to enter the park. I'm sure some of the men thought it was "magical," though!

novawildcat18

I posted this on a similar thread a year or so ago, but we saw a French-speaking family in Adventureland once --- middle-aged Mom and Dad and son and daughter no older than 14 -- and the daughter was wearing denim shorts cut up to the hip on each side, so that her butt cheeks were completely exposed in the back! I'm not talking about some modest cheek cleavage -- we were looking at the whole cheek from hip-level down. It was like a cross between Daisy Dukes and a thong bikini bottom. We couldn't believe that she was strolling around like that with her entire family, and had no idea how she had been permitted to enter the park. I'm sure some of the men thought it was "magical," though!
Are you sure you're not confusing real life with the movie "Escape from Tomorrow"?

BobConnor

As you may all know, a couple of years ago a child being held by his mother on top of a rail at the Pittsburgh Zoo was killed when he fell into a pen of African painted dogs. After this happened, I would think no parent would be placing their kids on top of any railing over anything, I mean why take the chance? A couple of months ago, at Animal Kingdom on the way to Kilamanjaro safaris there is a covered bridge that is part of the queue that goes over the road where all the safari vehicles return. The traffic is pretty heavy. What do I see? Someone holding their kid out a window of the bridge where they could go plop right in front of a moving truck! What happened at out zoo made the world news so why would people do that? Then I saw someone holding their kid over the bridge over Kali River Rapids too. P.S. Disney if you are reading this better put some netting in the bridge windows.

Tuckbrookmom

On our first trip to disney world we stayed to watch the parade one evening in magic kingdom. As the parade stated our daughter then three climbed off the curb in at the end of the emporium my husband very nicely said excuse me to several people so he could get our daughter back with us ( I was in a wheel chair) most people moved aside so he could grab her however an old couple ( at least 70 or so) started to cuss him out loudly. My husband said he was sorry he was just trying to get our daughter the man then began to say both my husband and daughter were sorry. That really upset my husband luckily for us someone stood up the the man told there was no excuse to act like that. They began to verbally argue then a CM came out and took the older couple inside and told us he was sorry

Blackburn23

We were at the Animal Kingdom Lodge just checking the place out (I was about 18 at the time) and my dad and I headed out to see the pool. As we round the corner, we find a 14-16 year old girl "hiding behind a bush" changing into her swimsuit...... Unfortunately for her, the bush hid her from the pool, but exposed her 100% to the walkway. To make it worse, she wasnt only changing, she was relieving herself before putting her bottoms on. In perfect rhythm, we but did a perfect military turn and returned to lobby!

So the running joke is, Welcome to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, where not only the animals are wild.....

Wildflower

So a few years ago at Coronado Springs, we're walking around in the evening and head back to our room. Out of nowhere this 9 or 10yr old boy runs up and jumps onto the edge of the fountain, turns around and drops his pants mooning his mom! So we think...oh man...this kid's in for it... Nope. She proceeded to pull out a camera and PHOTOGRAPH IT!!! ...ahhh family vacation memories... ::Sigh::

Pixie VaVoom

As you may all know, a couple of years ago a child being held by his mother on top of a rail at the Pittsburgh Zoo was killed when he fell into a pen of African painted dogs. After this happened, I would think no parent would be placing their kids on top of any railing over anything, I mean why take the chance? A couple of months ago, at Animal Kingdom on the way to Kilamanjaro safaris there is a covered bridge that is part of the queue that goes over the road where all the safari vehicles return. The traffic is pretty heavy. What do I see? Someone holding their kid out a window of the bridge where they could go plop right in front of a moving truck! What happened at out zoo made the world news so why would people do that? Then I saw someone holding their kid over the bridge over Kali River Rapids too. P.S. Disney if you are reading this better put some netting in the bridge windows.

Like "Ron White" says - "You can't fix STUPID!!"

rnese

Uhh...the French. They're something.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The first time my daughter and I stayed at CBR, some drunk kept knocking on our door (no, I didn't open it). After the 3rd knock, I yelled that I was calling the police and he stumbled off, muttering about not being able to find his room. Fortunately for him, I never saw him again because I was going to tell resort management the next morning about drunks wandering around their property - lord knows if he was a guest.

And don't get me started about parents and strollers. We've been run over by strollers more times than I care to think about. And the parents are COMPLETELY clueless. I was at AK walking to Expedition Everest when a dad, too busy on his phone, let go of the stroller his baby was in and I watched it start to roll down that hill and he was still clueless, on his phone. Fortunately, I was quicker than he and grabbed it. He was still clueless on his phone when I returned the stroller to him, with his now screaming child. His wife ran up, gave me a grateful look, and proceeded to smack her husband.

Then there was the lady at EPCOT who didn't know how to operate her scooter and after the security check, she proceeded to floor it (I didn't know those things to go that fast), backwards, right into me. Fortunately, I'm pretty quick. Perhaps they should give driving lessons to people before renting them a scooter.

The best is what happened while waiting for a bus at Downtown Disney. It took several buses before there was room for us to get on and return to our resort. However, one dad decided he shouldn't have to wait, so as soon as the bus stopped, he ran up, cutting in front of all of us who had patiently waited our turn (including a mom with two adorable twins babies) and jumped on the bus as soon as the door opened. The driver told him to get off - he had opened the door to lower the ramp for someone in a wheel chair. The dad (who was carrying a sleeping 9 year old - really?!) cussed out the driver and refused to get off. The man's poor wife was yelling at him, telling him to get off that others were there first (bless her), but he completely ignored her. She was soooo embarrassed. Needless to say, we all gave him dirty looks and one old man proceeded to tell him how rude he was.

I have a suggestion for Disney. Please, please have a stroller/scooter free day. If your child cannot walk around the parks (and I've seen 8-9 year olds in strollers), leave them at home that day. If you cannot get around without a scooter (and I wonder if some are more mobile than they let on), stay home that day. And then have a Stroller/Scooter Day. Just because you are pushing a stroller the size of a 747 doesn't mean you can plow into me. I am just so amazed that people haven't figured out that a 3 month old baby will not remember that trip but those you ran over with your Rolls Royce stroller will. My parents didn't take me to Disneyland until I could walk without being carried - which means I was at least 5. And god forbid if I pitched a fit and demanded to be carried - THAT would have been my last trip to DL.

Kuzcotopia

I saw a couple once with a stroller at MK about 15 minutes before Wishes.

We had just exited IaSM and they stopped us and asked us how to "get out of here," in an extremely upset tone. They looked exhausted, honestly.

I knew try couldn't get through around the castle at that time, so I told them to go straight, and curve around the bend (into Liberty Square). Thinking of landmarks, I said that they'd see a riverboat on their right, and they should Hang a left towards the hub.

They raced off and we ambled behind them. Unfortunately, LSR was not docked, and I saw them in distance, missing their left turn!

Hopefully, they didn't get the BTMRR before they realized what went wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom