Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

novawildcat18

In 2004 I was eating at the outside counter service restaurant next to Rockin Roller coaster, and saw a French woman with her husband and an infant sitting at the table directly across from mine. After the woman finished her meal she proceeded to lift her shirt, and breastfeed her child without a cover for almost the entire time that I was eating. She would even detach on occasion and just let it hang there while she got better situated or her husband was trying to help with something. I was 21 with my new girlfriend at the time, and I was trying desperately not to pay much attention for fear that my new girlfriend would think I was enjoying the view. However, it is difficult to ignore something like that no matter who you are.
I saw this at Hollywood Studios over by Star Tours about a month ago. I tried to play it cool and then when we got to a safe distance, I turned to my friends and asked if anyone else saw what I just saw. No one did.

G00fyDad

I saw this at Hollywood Studios over by Star Tours about a month ago. I tried to play it cool and then when we got to a safe distance, I turned to my friends and asked if anyone else saw what I just saw. No one did.

There's nothing wrong with this if it is done responsibly and discreetly.

G00fyDad

I'm sorry, I was a little thrown off by seeing a woman's in the middle of a theme park. I never said there was something wrong with it, I was just surprised to see that in Disney World.

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't giving you any grief over the comment. Only stating my own.

mf1972

I love reading those threads where we talk about what is your favorite, most disgusting, most embarrasing, most magical (etc.) moments in Disney World. I thought I would start a similar type of thread.

Have you ever seen somebody do anything in Disney World so outrageous, so jaw-dropping, and so out there that literally stopped you in your tracks and made you ask yourself if you really saw what you just saw (good or bad)?

One situation that comes to mind for me happened in March 2007. My wife and I were returning to the Contemporary resort via the monorail after a full day at Epcot. While waiting in line for a monorail, there was a family of four a few spots in front of us (Mom, Dad, Boy - 9ish, Girl - 5ish). Well, the older boy was leaning on the metal chains. The Mom asked him to stop. He did for all of 10 seconds and then proceeded to lean on the chains again. Well, the Mom did not appreciate it much. She proceeded to take off her belt, yell at her son that she had enough, and began whipping the boy with the belt right there in front of everyone. You could tell who wore the pants in the family because the Dad was looking away trying to ignore the whole thing. While this was going on (throughout the 4-5 lashes lovingly bestowed on the Boy), the little girl was singing happily that her brother was getting the belt. Are there people out there really like that? Did I really just see that?

Talk about making everyone on the plaform feel uncomfortable, not to mention how awful we all felt for the Boy, who was hysterically crying. A man standing next to them told her to stop, and she then lashed out verbally at the man to mind his own business. And wouldn't you know it? They sat in the same car as us.

(off topic - has there ever been a thought of opening an additonal forum for these types of "favorite" posts so we don't have to sift through multiple pages in the General Discussion forum?)
about 8-9 years ago, we saw a family with a member in a wheelchair camp a spot for a parade. they were pretty nasty & demanding about it. later on, when it came time for the fireworks, same family came around again with a different member in the chair, while the previous person was walking around just fine. if you're gonna fake it, just use the same person.

G00fyDad

about 8-9 years ago, we saw a family with a member in a wheelchair camp a spot for a parade. they were pretty nasty & demanding about it. later on, when it came time for the fireworks, same family came around again with a different member in the chair, while the previous person was walking around just fine. if you're gonna fake it, just use the same person.

People like that are the reasons for the new disability program rules. Shameful.

Last edited:

VoiceGuy07

Have posted this same story years ago but it did blow me away! Our family was hanging out near Star Tours and there were a few sets of parents next to us. All of the sudden, a bunch of their kids came running out of the Star Tours gift shop. Apparently they had shop lifted a ton of stuff and the parents just sat their laughing about it - they thought it was hilarious. Commented about how expensive it was to "be" at Disney and somehow justified it. Won't post the real words I used to describe them but it was disgusting.

Tigger1988

I highly doubt a woman who's breast feeding, no matter what her actions, is trying to egg anyone on. That right there is crazy talk. Even if she was......you two are that afraid of a female breast??
It's not crazy talk, considering groups have organized breast feeding "sit ins". It's a hot topic lately and yes there are mothers who purposely do it as openly as possible hoping someone dares say something.

EpcoTim

Relax a little bit there friend. I wasn't offended by seeing a . It was just something I didn't expect to see in Disney. I think it fit quite well with the title of the thread, "Did I really just see that in Disney World?"

Eh, sorry, I didn't mean to get on your case, or anyone's for that matter. I just don't get how any straight male can be taken aback by a breast. I mean, what's the one thing we all pray to see when we turn 12?

Not on a rant, just don't get the whole 'up in arms' over breastfeeding thing. And I really don't get how someone can equate an exposed to starting an argument. There's much worse things to get worked up about, you'd think would be on the bottom of everyone's list.

Apologies.

Cesar R M

I forgot about one. On our recent trip we were standing in the food court looking for some form of dessert when some woman walked over and began opening the desserts, taking a taste, and then putting them back before finally selecting the one she wanted. :confused:o_O:eek:

that's disgusting and a very big chance of food contamination.
I hope you did tell the vendor of the food court about that...

Marijil

I feel kinda bad about this one...monorail ride out of MK after long day....about 45 minutes before park closed....stop at CR...big rude family gets on when there was clearly no room...pushing shoving...sitting on top of my wife and baby (i was standing)sitting on top of my daughters to the point where they had to get up...speaking...no yelling something other than english....pulling into TTC, i was about to lose it when the lady says to me in broken english.... her face an inch from mime.....is this magic kingdom? Yes, i said...yes it is...
off they went...have a nice night

DVC4bestvacations

I feel kinda bad about this one...monorail ride out of MK after long day....about 45 minutes before park closed....stop at CR...big rude family gets on when there was clearly no room...pushing shoving...sitting on top of my wife and baby (i was standing)sitting on top of my daughters to the point where they had to get up...speaking...no yelling something other than english....pulling into TTC, i was about to lose it when the lady says to me in broken english.... her face an inch from mime.....is this magic kingdom? Yes, i said...yes it is...
off they went...have a nice night

Don't feel bad! Great story!

danpam1024

I forgot about one. On our recent trip we were standing in the food court looking for some form of dessert when some woman walked over and began opening the desserts, taking a taste, and then putting them back before finally selecting the one she wanted. :confused:o_O:eek:
you should have pulled out your phone and started recording! Wow! These stories REALLY amaze me!!!

G00fyDad

you should have pulled out your phone and started recording! Wow! These stories REALLY amaze me!!!

Most of the time I am sitting there with my mouth wide open. The only time I ever have a chance to recover and grab a photo or video are times like seeing people smoking with their head literally an inch from a NO SMOKING sign. Most of these things happen very fast or are things that I could be labeled a pervert for filming. LOL

AllyInWonderland

During my first time at MNSSHP about a month ago, me and my mom were sitting by the line for Jack and Sally, and my mom pointed out to me this teenage girl wearing these fishnet leggings and the world's shortest shorts under them. My mom and I were shocked that they actually let her in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom