Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

mainstreet1997

You know you see on Extreme Home Makeover the families staying at WDW. Well last summer my daughter's were at the pool late one night and met a group of boys that were staying at the Grand Floridian. They were all in their late teens early twenties and were from Detroit I think. The boys said they were a singing group and were performing at the House of Blues the next morning which was a Sunday and would be singing Gospel.

That sounds like the family that was on EM:HE last night. I didnt see where they were from but they were a family of 13 (the family and the cousins they had taken in) and their big surprise from Ty was being able to sing at HOB - Gospel. I think the oldest boy was like 22. I hope its not them since all of them seemed like really good people! But the lobster thing is funny!

Courtney1188

We were at Fantasmic a couple of weeks ago.. and because my wife was in a scooter, we, who got there over an hour early, got a nice seat in the handicapped area..

now right next to us is an area for the hearing impaired.. with mirrors so they can read the writing behind them, and follow what's going on..

and we were chatting with a cm.. and as the crowd entered.. no regular people for the most part tried to sit there.. but here comes Mrs. Money bags.. with the fancy shirt and sweater and what not.. and she says.. Oh.. here are some seats.. they must have 'reserved them just for us".. and she and her family sit down.. and then the Cm explains.. no you cannot sit here..

and of course is given the DIRTY LOOK.. and well WHY NOT.. and what ever.. finally beats feet.. but not without letting us all know how they were put out..

I mean 4000 other people filed right passed those seats and didn't cross the line to sit there.. why did this group believe that they were "special"?

This reminds me of my line I use a lot at work...after the customer walks away of course, when they are being particularly ridiculous and demanding...

"Sorry, but you are just NOT that special!" Haha.

Might sound obnoxious, but I save it for the ones who do things like yell at me because I can't break federal law and return their opened movie, won't give them a new CD because they scratched the one they bought 5 years ago, or won't sell them their TV for below what my company actually paid for it.

But back to the original topic...that's very obnoxious, I always get to Fantasmic at least an hour early! Definitely necessary if you want a good seat.

disneynut4u

What a coincidence...When I was in DL pushing a stroller, I kept getting ignorant people in their own little worlds, wandering aimlessly stepping right in front of me making it incredibly hard to not hit them in the ankle... Strangest part was they looked at me rudely as if I should be sorry for their inconsideration. :shrug:

And to make it better, half the time they actually STOP as soon as they get in front of you!! That always happens to us when pushing my dad's wheelchair!!!

ewensell3

And to make it better, half the time they actually STOP as soon as they get in front of you!! That always happens to us when pushing my dad's wheelchair!!!

[aol]Me too![/me]

When we're with my mother inlaw she's usually in an ECV. It seems people go out of their way to try to get run over by her. My wife and I try to "run interference" for her when things get bad enough.

We also found mounting a flag or something to the front of the cart helps. Extends the cart up to eye level.

wonderbooty911

My other favorite thing is people who fill up random things at the drink stations in the resorts (like water bottles, empty pop bottles, I saw a huge Big Gulp cup once.). They should pay me to go crazy on them because I feel it is just the same as shoplifting and I would prosecute them.

I'm compleatly guilty of this:oops: But if I buy the mug, then fill it up and dump it into a water bottle, technially it's not stealing. Just transfering the drink to another glass:p

FettFan

Disney should come up with something called The Bad Kids Club..it would be staffed by people like the Supernannies(or maybe ex corrections officers, judging by some of the delinquents mentioned on this thread) and you could dump your misbehaving kids there, and the rest of the family could enjoy their vacation. No fun to be had at the BKC either-I think it could be set up like that Scared Straight program, only with Disney villians.:D:fork:

Disney Jail: The holding pens for bad children that are located in the deepest, dankest corner of the utillidors.

SulleyanBoo

While walking to the starting corrals at the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon this year this girl in her fairy costume was just "popping a squat" right on the side while thousands of people passed her. I mean it was still dark out, but there were lights and port o potties c'mon now. lol

ddrongowski

I saw people lick the ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc dispensers to get that last drop. The ones I have seen do this, are teenage non-american (they look latin) tourists, that are part of what appears to be a tour group.

Runmyhorse

I actually have two.

Sept. 09 we went (a family of four) My daughter who was 10 my son 9myself and husband. We were sitting at the little quick service chicken place on the way to POTC. We had just set down to eat when these teen age boys set down at table nxt to us. First off they were throwing food over the wall part and pretending to get sick while tons of families were trying to eat (remind you they were doing this at the top of their lungs) Then after that they preceded to yell that someone was in there getting a (I'm thinking on how I cna put this without getting my thread removed) male part in the back door . But it was very graphic and cussing)At that point my husnand had had enough and walked over there and slammed his hands on the table in front of them and told them they needed to watch their mouths. There was woman and child present. We finished our meal and didn't hear another peep from them. The boys were with a school group for a band. Im really surprised at the lack of supervision these groups get.

2)March 10 There was a family with 2 small barely able to walk kids running around their feet. They were over by the everrest fast pass thing smoking weed. Broad daylight in front of everyone. The smell was awful . We had to leave, but before doing so they (weed smokers) wanted to ride everest and tried to get on the ride backwards.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
While not specifically a WDW story - we were in DCA in May in line for TSMM. We saw a little boy, probably 3 or 4 at most, just starting to wander through the line. We watched him wander around in the line for several minutes, not apparently with anyone there in line, and then he ventured under the chains and started off down the path towards the games on the boardwalk. Completely oblivious to anyone or anything. Still no parents looking for him at all. My wife went and grabbed him about 100 feet away from TSMM where he had stopped to look at one of the games, and she talked with him for a minute, and then held his hand and walked him back to the line. Another parent went asking the people in the line whether they had lost a little boy. No answer. About 5 minutes later, a dad finally came up and the child went voluntarily to him. Total time was about 20 minutes, and the dad said nothing to us!! No thank you for helping him get his child back, nothing to the child about wandering off, just took his hand and left! What the heck was he doing this whole time?!?!?!?!?! :eek:

afar28

I actually have two.

Sept. 09 we went (a family of four) My daughter who was 10 my son 9myself and husband. We were sitting at the little quick service chicken place on the way to POTC. We had just set down to eat when these teen age boys set down at table nxt to us. First off they were throwing food over the wall part and pretending to get sick while tons of families were trying to eat (remind you they were doing this at the top of their lungs) Then after that they preceded to yell that someone was in there getting a (I'm thinking on how I cna put this without getting my thread removed) male part in the back door . But it was very graphic and cussing)At that point my husnand had had enough and walked over there and slammed his hands on the table in front of them and told them they needed to watch their mouths. There was woman and child present. We finished our meal and didn't hear another peep from them. The boys were with a school group for a band. Im really surprised at the lack of supervision these groups get.

2)March 10 There was a family with 2 small barely able to walk kids running around their feet. They were over by the everrest fast pass thing smoking weed. Broad daylight in front of everyone. The smell was awful . We had to leave, but before doing so they (weed smokers) wanted to ride everest and tried to get on the ride backwards.
Weed in Disney???? What? Do you have an idea if a CM did anything?

Donald96

I was eating at the restraunt across from POTC and this Dad and Mom were threatning to put hot sauce in their kid's mouth if they didn't finish eating... Now I know Disney food is expensive to waste but really? lol then not five minutes past that a whole Chinese group sat down at the table with me even though my family was just putting toppings on our food. They didn't speak English so I didn't know what to say and when I told them that my family was coming they just said "We like Disney too!" Then the hot sauce family left and they moved to that table!

Fla_Purls

Couple of weeks ago, walking in Frontierland, I passed a rather large man who was being pushed in a rental stroller. He was holding a baby in his arms, rocking it and saying "waah waah".

drkokintz

A few years back, I was at MNSSHP with my gf and her sister. We had planned poorly, and had not eaten dinner. As we were leaving the park, I suggested that we stop by town hall to ask where on property we might be able to get food (besides McDonalnds). We were waiting behind a dad with two smaller children in costumes. The two kids both had the trick-or-treat bags that they hand out, and both were mostly full. The father was basically yelling at the guest relations guy that his kids didn't get near enough candy and how could they run an event like this.

All three of us were shocked that he would A) complain about something so trivial, B) Complain about something that didn't actually seem to be a problem (both kids seemed happy and had lots of candy, C) Complain about something that he could have easily dealt with himself, by having the kids hit more candy stations, or revisit some of them and finally D) how amazingly upset, angry and abusive he was being to the guest relations rep.

Finally, the rep went in the back and returned with 3 bulging bags of candy (2 for the kids and 1 for him, I guess), and the man was happy and went on his merry way.

On one hand, I know that's a total customer service win for Disney; but on the other, I hate seeing poor behavior being rewarded.

R W B

This isn't what I saw but more of heard. Keep in mind I've only stayed in value resorts and have never had issues with hearing "neighbors" ever for any reason. Well on our last trip, last December, my g/f and I returned to our room at pop late one night. While my g/f jumped in the shower I turned the tv on to espn to catch up on the days sports events and wait my turn for a shower. Well, a few minutes later over the sound of the tv I started hearing our neighbors next door doing the deed. Their was nothing quite about this couple either, let's just say they had a magical night lol. All I could do was laugh. I ended up taking a quick shower and when I got out they were still going, the whole situation reminded me of college dorm days lol.

Goofyernmost

This isn't what I saw but more of heard. Keep in mind I've only stayed in value resorts and have never had issues with hearing "neighbors" ever for any reason. Well on our last trip, last December, my g/f and I returned to our room at pop late one night. While my g/f jumped in the shower I turned the tv on to espn to catch up on the days sports events and wait my turn for a shower. Well, a few minutes later over the sound of the tv I started hearing our neighbors next door doing the deed. Their was nothing quite about this couple either, let's just say they had a magical night lol. All I could do was laugh. I ended up taking a quick shower and when I got out they were still going, the whole situation reminded me of college dorm days lol.

Man, did I ever go to the wrong College! :D:oops:

FettFan

I would have recorded it. Put it on youtube with a riffing commentary track.

And I would have been sure to mention the date and the room number.

Look when you're on vacation with your s.o., you're probably going to be having sex at some point. But this is a DISNEY resort with KIDS ALL OVER THE PLACE, so you really, REALLY need to be mindful of keeping the noise level down.

If you or your partner is prone to moaning louder than the Haunted Mansion's funeral guy or screaming bloody murder at point of climax, FIND ANOTHER DAMN HOTEL.

Alison1975

yep..last week..Epcot.. eating Shaved Ice in Japan.. we watched one lady in a scooter stop and start throwing popcorn to feed the ducks while the guy with her took his scooter and repeatedly tried to run the ducks over. My kids and I were in shock watching the duo.. and apparently Eric and Declan saw them again a few days later in MK by Big Thunder doing the same thing..

FettFan

yep..last week..Epcot.. eating Shaved Ice in Japan.. we watched one lady in a scooter stop and start throwing popcorn to feed the ducks while the guy with her took his scooter and repeatedly tried to run the ducks over. My kids and I were in shock watching the duo.. and apparently Eric and Declan saw them again a few days later in MK by Big Thunder doing the same thing..

See now that would have me whipping out my cellular and reporting them to park security, then recording them in the act.

Attempted animal abuse = Throw them the **** out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom