Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

almond

Whilst in DLP i guess i mustve got queueing-fever. I led the kids into yet another long queue and checked the map to see which ride we were heading for. It was the queue for the ladies toilets!!! I blame the heat - coming from my red face!!

amandagibbins

A women breast feeding in MK on a Bench in Public.

I had to double take on that one.

I'm a very proud mom who will be breastfeeding my child during our trip to WDW in sept. So please don't shoot me dirty looks i will be doing the most natural thing in the world keeping my child healthy and safe just as nature intended. And for the record i don't flash them about i very discreet .if only a few more people felt the same.

cndrellagrl

Last year my family and I were waiting in line for POTC. There was like eight or ten of us waiting. Well somewhere during the beginning of the very long queue, a group of four adults line jumped us (all in their 40s and 50s, clearly old enough to know better). They decided it was proper to just sneak behind us, one by one, when we were not looking. I said excuse me and gave them a nasty look and they simply turned away. But, heres the kicker - once they got in front of us, they all took turns standing next to me father and taking pictures of themselves with him! They were speaking spanish and I could understand very little other than words like big and tall (and they were motioning as well!) My family is all on the tall side, but not freakishly tall - he is only 6'6. They were all short (about 5'5 ish). I could see that this was interesting to them, but to cut in front of us and then take pictures!!! I couldn't believe it, they pretended not to speak english when i tried to say something. Once my dad turned around and gave them a look - you better believe they stopped. How rude can you really be?! I was so upset.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Whilst waiting in line for BTM i stumbled forward into the family infront of us. Trying not to fall down i grabbed out and pulled the poor lady in front of me;s elasticated skirt down to her knees. Very embarrasing for her and me and i apologised profusely. Red faced we completed our journey to the ride and went off with the kids laughing at their silly mum. We proceeded round to another ride and my backless shoe slipped causing me to fall forwards again. As i flung out my arm i found myself falling and instinct made me clutch the nearest thing. It was the same woman, in the same skirt which once again ended up at her knees!!! Im sure from the look she gave she thought id partaken of too much alcohol!!! To this day my boys still mention it!!! Bet she wears trousers now and talks of the loony english woman lol!!

I'm crying from laughing so hard! :ROFLOL:

eliezrah

I'm a very proud mom who will be breastfeeding my child during our trip to WDW in sept. So please don't shoot me dirty looks i will be doing the most natural thing in the world keeping my child healthy and safe just as nature intended. And for the record i don't flash them about i very discreet .if only a few more people felt the same.
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:I never took my kids to WDW while babies but I do breast feed pretty much everywhere I go, including restaurants or anywhere we happen to be. I'm also a proud BFing mommy (but I'm sure you figured that out from my previous posts already! LOL)!

AEfx

I'm a very proud mom who will be breastfeeding my child during our trip to WDW in sept. So please don't shoot me dirty looks...

I don't get into breastfeeding debates (neither side will convince the other, it's beyond the scope of a Disney board), however, it's only fair to point out that just like it's your right to breastfeed anywhere you wish, it's also his right to be grossed out about it and give you a dirty look. :)

AEfx

Elonwy

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:I never took my kids to WDW while babies but I do breast feed pretty much everywhere I go, including restaurants or anywhere we happen to be. I'm also a proud BFing mommy (but I'm sure you figured that out from my previous posts already! LOL)!

Not to keep the OT stuff going but for the "Proud Brestfeeders group" i don't think the problem most people have with breastfeeding is where but how.

I don't have a problem when blankets are used to discretely cover the breast but I also saw a breastfeeding incident i wish i never witnessed...a woman was sitting barebreasted in front of the castle yelling at her husband who was getting the infant out of the stroller...she was making such a scene and kept ordering her husband around while she was breastfeeding...didn't have a blankie and kept popping the baby off, exposing her breast again to the crowd.

It didn't seem very "personal" sorry...just can't think of another word for it and certainly not a heartwarming mother child experience.

I'm sure she doesn't know there's a picture of her in my friends scrapbook with her hanging out for the Fantasyland title page.

I also believe that done discreetly, most people would not even know you were breastfeeding and that's how I think it should be...I don't want a repeat performance of fantasyland, that's for sure

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't get into breastfeeding debates (neither side will convince the other, it's beyond the scope of a Disney board), however, it's only fair to point out that just like it's your right to breastfeed anywhere you wish, it's also his right to be grossed out about it and give you a dirty look. :)

AEfx

True. I just find it funny that some of the same people that might find a breast erotic in one context will find the same breast disdainful in the context of their design!

eliezrah

Not to keep the OT stuff going but for the "Proud Brestfeeders group" i don't think the problem most people have with breastfeeding is where but how.

I don't have a problem when blankets are used to discretely cover the breast but I also saw a breastfeeding incident i wish i never witnessed...a woman was sitting barebreasted in front of the castle yelling at her husband who was getting the infant out of the stroller...she was making such a scene and kept ordering her husband around while she was breastfeeding...didn't have a blankie and kept popping the baby off, exposing her breast again to the crowd.

It didn't seem very "personal" sorry...just can't think of another word for it and certainly not a heartwarming mother child experience.

I'm sure she doesn't know there's a picture of her in my friends scrapbook with her hanging out for the Fantasyland title page.

I also believe that done discreetly, most people would not even know you were breastfeeding and that's how I think it should be...I don't want a repeat performance of fantasyland, that's for sure
OK that would bother me too and I breastfeed! LOL

I know, I personally, am so discreet I can do it with my father and FIL in the room and they know I'm feeding the baby but can't see a thing. I don't want my hanging out for the world to see, I just want to feed my kid. I don't use a blanket, but the way I do it, you can't see a thing even if you are trying to look. I also don't make a spectacle of myself so most people might even think I'm just cuddling my baby. That's too funny about the picture though! LOL :ROFLOL:

True. I just find it funny that some of the same people that might find a breast erotic in one context will find the same breast disdainful in the context of their design!
That's so true and that's what bugs me the most I think. You see more skin on a beach than you do when (most) women breast feed in public yet the same people (in general) who love it on a beach hate it if a baby is attached.

Disneykidder

I have to say that I have never seen a woman breastfeeding at WDW where she wasn't covered discretely. As a mother who successfully bf my son until he was 1, I can say that I have never bared myself in public. I actually think it is rude to do that. There are children around and I am sure many parents don't want to explain to their youngin in the middle of a vacation "what that lady was doing with her shirt off." Honestly, when I bf, I never even used a blanket to cover up...I just did not do it in public at all. I do feel it is a personal experience between my child and myself and I didn't want the world to know my business, although I am proud of my accomplishment. I plan to do the same for my upcoming child and would not have it any other way. Do I sneer at people who bare themselves, no. Do I think it would be more proper to cover up and appreciate those that do, yes. Bottom line, cover it up...it does make people uncomfortable. Yes it is a natural thing but respect others feelings while in the process.

Kelsybelle

Well said! They have a very important function for which they were intented but for some they just don't want to see them while they are working! :lol:

xsupaxmanxsfnex

My mother told me that she used to breast feed my little brother on the Haunted Masion while my sister and I were in the buggy in front of her. This way she could do it privately and I would be able to ride.

amandagibbins

AEfx

Believe me when i say there will be NO need to react this way when i feed my child you would probably think he was asleep on my lap i always cover myself with a blanket/muslin cloth because i am aware there are other children about and older people who would be embarressed by this .I will not make a big deal out of feeding him i dont wish to make any one uncomfortable.I also understand its a sensitive issue .Disney is for magic not my :wave:

Scooter

My mother told me that she used to breast feed my little brother on the Haunted Masion while my sister and I were in the buggy in front of her. This way she could do it privately and I would be able to ride.

I am chuckling over my morning cofffee as I have a mental visual of your brother being breast fed while being oogled by a hitchhiking ghost!:ROFLOL:

jennc2001

omg....this was an interesting thread until it turned into breastfeeding do's and don'ts and who likes it, who it grosses out, who finds it natural or whatever!!! can we please get back on the subject....??

AEfx

Believe me when i say there will be NO need to react this way when i feed my child you would probably think he was asleep on my lap...

Um, like I said, I'm not getting into the debate, just pointing out that just like it's your right to do what you do, it is someone else's right to be disgusted if that is how they feel. That's the beauty of a free country, you can do what you want, and other people can think what they will about it but can't stop you from doing it any more than you can stop them from feeling how they feel about it.

However, you are right - personally I probably wouldn't notice, as both infants I do not know and womens hold absolutely not interest for me in any way shape or form so I won't be looking at either of them in the first place. :)

AEfx

Kelsybelle

Here is a "did I just see that..." moment from my 10 yr old neice that she wanted me to share!
She is telling the story as I type it,
Well, 2yrs ago on a trip with my Mom, Dad and sister we were waiting to have lunch at the Crystal Palace and I saw a little boy putting his head inbetween the fence (the black rod iron one) infront of the restaurant. He was really little so his head didn't get stuck and the only person who was watching him was another little boy, his older brother, around my age. (He would have been 8 or so) Instead of telling the little boy to stop doing that he started to put his head inbetween the fence and his head got stuck and I mean really stuck! He started screaming and pulling backward and his head wouldn't come out. His Mom and Dad came running over and tried to get his head out, then all these people who were near them came running over, then people who work in Disney (castmembers) came running over and everyone was trying their best to help him and he just screamed "my head, my head, my head!" over and over! The other little boy was crying and so was the boys' Mom and finally they popped his head out and he seemed O.K. Everyone clapped and was happy. I don't think he will do that again!

RiversideBunny

Whilst waiting in line for BTM i stumbled forward into the family infront of us. Trying not to fall down i grabbed out and pulled the poor lady in front of me;s elasticated skirt down to her knees. Very embarrasing for her and me and i apologised profusely. Red faced we completed our journey to the ride and went off with the kids laughing at their silly mum. We proceeded round to another ride and my backless shoe slipped causing me to fall forwards again. As i flung out my arm i found myself falling and instinct made me clutch the nearest thing. It was the same woman, in the same skirt which once again ended up at her knees!!! Im sure from the look she gave she thought id partaken of too much alcohol!!! To this day my boys still mention it!!! Bet she wears trousers now and talks of the loony english woman lol!!

May we suggest new shoes?
Preferably some Reeboks or Nikes, with white socks.

You will be more stable, at least your feet will.
:lol:

MAF

Here is a "did I just see that..." moment from my 10 yr old neice that she wanted me to share!
She is telling the story as I type it,
Well, 2yrs ago on a trip with my Mom, Dad and sister we were waiting to have lunch at the Crystal Palace and I saw a little boy putting his head inbetween the fence (the black rod iron one) infront of the restaurant. He was really little so his head didn't get stuck and the only person who was watching him was another little boy, his older brother, around my age. (He would have been 8 or so) Instead of telling the little boy to stop doing that he started to put his head inbetween the fence and his head got stuck and I mean really stuck! He started screaming and pulling backward and his head wouldn't come out. His Mom and Dad came running over and tried to get his head out, then all these people who were near them came running over, then people who work in Disney (castmembers) came running over and everyone was trying their best to help him and he just screamed "my head, my head, my head!" over and over! The other little boy was crying and so was the boys' Mom and finally they popped his head out and he seemed O.K. Everyone clapped and was happy. I don't think he will do that again!

OMG that actually happened to me when I was like 4 years old. I got my head stuck in the metal fencing thing by the Magic Kingdom monorail. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom