Did anyone see the MK opening this morning?

happymom52003

Original Poster
My family was picked to open the MK this morning! It was so much fun!:sohappy: I'll write all about it when I do my trip report.:wave:

BeanSz

This is so awesome. I am very jealous. I love the openings, and would love to be the family that does it. How did you get picked? Were you just standing there waiting and get asked? Or, did you know in advance?

happymom52003

Original Poster
This is so awesome. I am very jealous. I love the openings, and would love to be the family that does it. How did you get picked? Were you just standing there waiting and get asked? Or, did you know in advance?

We got there early because we had an adr at CRT, and while we were waiting to get in I told my son he should go ask the cm's if the family had been picked yet. I was half way joking! I never serioulsy thought we would get to do it. It was so funny....my DH walked my son over to the cm's on the far left of the turnstiles...I waited on the far right where they were letting the people with breakfast adrs in. I watchted from afar as my son talked to a CM, and then my husband waved for me to come over and I nearly went into shock! So it never hurts to ask!

BeanSz

This is so great. You must of have been so very excited. I know I would be ready to bust. Our last trip (Sept. 2006 - yes, we did not make it in 2007 - sigh)...we took my DS (at the time, 29 months old) -- to the magical beginnings at MK -- there was no one there. Tigger and Piglet met him at the Castle entrance to Fantasyland -- walked him over holding his hand to Pooh's Playspot and the three of them played alone for about 20 minutes. My DW said we shouldn't hog their time -- I said no one was around. After they were done, my DS got to ride the Carousel with Goofy. Then he played Follow the leader with Peter Pan, and duck-duck-goose with Mickey. I have to say, I still get so very excited thinking about it -- it was probably the best day ever at WDW for me (of course, it is followed very closely by the day my DW and I got engaged there). I could only image how excited you were....enjoy the World a little bit for me!! It's only 321 days until my next trip!!!

H20Babie

Congrats! I am so happy for you and your family, to do something special like that! Absolutely priceless :sohappy:

paige1217

This is so great. You must of have been so very excited. I know I would be ready to bust. Our last trip (Sept. 2006 - yes, we did not make it in 2007 - sigh)...we took my DS (at the time, 29 months old) -- to the magical beginnings at MK -- there was no one there. Tigger and Piglet met him at the Castle entrance to Fantasyland -- walked him over holding his hand to Pooh's Playspot and the three of them played alone for about 20 minutes. My DW said we shouldn't hog their time -- I said no one was around. After they were done, my DS got to ride the Carousel with Goofy. Then he played Follow the leader with Peter Pan, and duck-duck-goose with Mickey. I have to say, I still get so very excited thinking about it -- it was probably the best day ever at WDW for me (of course, it is followed very closely by the day my DW and I got engaged there). I could only image how excited you were....enjoy the World a little bit for me!! It's only 321 days until my next trip!!!

Hey guys I am new to the whole forum thing and I apologize for my ignorance but what do you mean by my DH and my DS and my DW. I think I have it figured out. IE Disney Wife but not sure :shrug:

JML42691

Hey guys I am new to the whole forum thing and I apologize for my ignorance but what do you mean by my DH and my DS and my DW. I think I have it figured out. IE Disney Wife but not sure :shrug:
Dear Husband, dear wife, sister, ect. At least that is the way that I have always interpreted it in several forums.

k.hunter30

What time of day and year was this?

Kristamouse

Magical Beg. were great in 06, we went then and again in 07 twice. Both times in 07 it was crazy there were so many adults that my kids 2 and 3 could not see anything and the CM let everyone in at rope drop so there was no special time for the Little Ones. We though the first day was a busy day b/c the year before was so neat and much like the OP's version of the Magical Beg. The second trip for the LOEMH was the same, every one let in regaurdless of having a child under 5 in your group to FL and the place was packed. On the upside we got to TL early and got everything done there in about 30-45 mins. I will probally now avoid the LOEMH this year b/c of the lack of crowd control. If the event is labled for guests with 5 and under than they should stick to that, the poor kids couldnt even see Peter Pan and Wendy playing Duck Duck Goose. :brick: But they were young and had no clue what the missed and we were at WDW so all was well. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom