DHS Villains in Vogue Store sadly on it's way out...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It's a shame villains are no longer in vogue...

It had to be said.

You mean Idi is no longer in vogue!?!?

What about these guys then?

teletubbies.jpg

Brian_WDW74

Well, in some positive news I did read the candy shop in the German pavilion was getting a Werther's Candy Shop, and people would have the opportunity to watch candy being made fresh on site......

Which is particularly fitting since Werther's aired a commercial last year that was filmed at the Germany pavilion. Here's a still from the commercial (courtesy of the Disney Blog) that might be an indication of what the shop will look like:

werthersepcot-s.jpg

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Which is particularly fitting since Werther's aired a commercial last year that was filmed at the Germany pavilion. Here's a still from the commercial (courtesy of the Disney Blog) that might be an indication of what the shop will look like:

werthersepcot-s.jpg

What, no lederhosen?

alexparkhopper

Vinylmation

You know I think Vinylmation is kinda cool, i dont love them all but I do get a couple here and there. But what I dont like is how its taking over the parks. I collect pins but putting pins is one thing a little rack or wall of pins but Vinylmation takes a lot more store space to display and sell. I think one or two main spots per park would be better than forcing them into all the stores. I miss the unique merchandise not this cookie cutter nonsense.

Alexparkhopper
Http://parkhopper.web.officelive.com

NewfieFan

werthersepcot-s.jpg

What!?! Are you serious!?! It was actually filmed in the pavilion?

I remember seeing the commercial and saying to my husband, "That looks an awful lot like Germany in Epcot!" I didn't know it actually was!

Sorry to get off topic...

hrcollectibles

It seems like all the stores in all the parks are now going to sell the exact same things.

One of the reasons was because guests wanted to know why they had to go to a certain store to purchase a souvenir. Disney made it easier by putting the same products practically everywhere..

I do not see the appeal of Vinylmation.... Of course I never understood pin collecting either.. I guess the Vinylmaiton characters are easier to display then pins

hrcollectibles

werthersepcot-s.jpg
Are they going to have a Creepy Grandpa meet and greet?

THECARISMINE

:( This is probably my favorite shop in Disney insanely depressed.
It's easily the only shop that I consistently walk out of with something or another :cry:

mp2bill

I just do not get vinylmation at all. Does it really make that much money?

To me, Vinylmation is like Silly Bands. They are ridiculous. All Silly Bands are are colored rubber bands in the shape of animals. All Vinylmation is is Mickey figures with different themes (basketball, baseball, america, etc...) The sad thing is, if you go to disneystore.com, they're listed under "art and collectibles." I guess they are collectibles because some people will collect anything.

On the subject of the Disney Villains...I'm sad to hear that they're not going to be selling as many. I would love to have some cool Disney Villain figurines and I think that if the powers that be concentrated on making better villain merchandise, more people would buy it. I personally have not seen much good villain merch and I would love some Malificent, Scar, and expecially Captain Hook collectibles.

Studios Fan

On the subject of the Disney Villains...I'm sad to hear that they're not going to be selling as many. I would love to have some cool Disney Villain figurines and I think that if the powers that be concentrated on making better villain merchandise, more people would buy it. I personally have not seen much good villain merch and I would love some Malificent, Scar, and expecially Captain Hook collectibles.

I agree.

JimJam

:eek::eek:
You know I think Vinylmation is kinda cool, i dont love them all but I do get a couple here and there. But what I dont like is how its taking over the parks. I collect pins but putting pins is one thing a little rack or wall of pins but Vinylmation takes a lot more store space to display and sell. I think one or two main spots per park would be better than forcing them into all the stores. I miss the unique merchandise not this cookie cutter nonsense.

Alexparkhopper
Http://parkhopper.web.officelive.com

:eek: HOW DONT U LOVE VINYLMATION?????? :confused:

RLMickey

Original Poster
Well the store opened yesterday as planned with a new floor. The big round display shelves with the Siamese Cats on it are gone. We have heard both that they are not coming back and that maybe only one or two may return. The store is NBC, Mugs, Coffee, Tea, and Vynilmation.

Oh and those commenting on the 'Silly Bands' crave, I have sadly heard they are making Disney shaped ones of those too....:brick:

Every guest that complains about the Villains merch I tell them PLEASE go to Guest Relations and maybe they will realize that it was a mistake to limit what they produce and design.

NiarrNDisney

Well this blows! Villains in Vogue is one of my favorite shops in WDW, yes the merch has dwindled as of late but I still manage to find something every visit.
Shucks! :brick:

Figment82

I am a big fan of vinyls, as well as a collector of them, and I too am sad to see what the store has become. We went there on Saturday to trade Vinyls and were met by locked doors and black curtains. I knew it was inevitable, as they are pushing Vinyls to be the next Pin Trading, but it's all about balance.

Vinyls already have a nice flagship store at the West Side, they don't need a dedicated store in each park. I love that different locations sell them and offer trading, but I don't think it needs to be at the expense of other merchandise. The store's theme had so much potential, which was sadly lost over time.

Reminds me of the ImageWorks store, which offers fewer and fewer Figment items every time I venture in there. It's hardly worth my time to stop in there nowadays...

zweltar

Ugg.. These Vinlymation things are lost on me. I don't get the appeal behind a Mickey figure painted to look like moss or water or an Indonesian flag...:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :veryconfu :veryconfu :veryconfu :confused: :confused: :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom