DHS Villains in Vogue Store sadly on it's way out...

jmuboy

Couldn't the VINYLS be part of Villains in Vogue? I mean, they added tea and coffee and mugs? Certainly NBC, Vinyls and Villains could all share the same space. They are the same theme.

Any pics of the new store?

....and to think, Planet Hollywood still gets its own store.

MarkTwain

Couldn't the VINYLS be part of Villains in Vogue? I mean, they added tea and coffee and mugs? Certainly NBC, Vinyls and Villains could all share the same space. They are the same theme.

Isn't that where the new D-Street Vinylmation store opened?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

I do believe the PH store closed earlier this year.....

cdunbar

It's not TDO at fault in this instance.
O good! Back from your little hiatus I see. You must have missed us all so terribly!

So if it's not TDO at fault in this instance than please do share who is? Because it would seem to me that TDO would make the decision to close a store which I can only assume is not pulling in the best numbers and replace it with something else.

bearboysnc

If they're so unpopular, why is MAC Cosmetics starting a line based on the villians this fall?

"Magic Mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"

The Evil Queen probably didn't think her immortal words would match up with makeup when she scared the pants off kids in Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" back in 1937, but we're guessing she's one of the four Disney characters represented in MAC cosmetic's upcoming Venomous Villains line.

The beauty brand -- which has teamed in the past with celebs from Rupaul and Dame Edna to Hello Kitty and Lady Gaga -- is joining forces with Disney to launch the collection worldwide in September, according to Women's Wear Daily.

The fashion trade reports lipstick, powder, lip gloss and blush will range in price from $12 to $29.50.

MAC isn't saying exactly which four villains will be featured, but we've got a few ideas. Forget Captain Hook, Scar or The Shadow Man. When it comes to evil-doers -- at least in Disneyland -- it's (mostly) ladies first. We predict the villainesses will be, of course, "Snow White's" Evil Queen, Cruella de Vil ("101 Dalmations"), Maleficent ("Sleeping Beauty") and Dr. Facilier ("The Princess and the Frog").

What will MAC offer? The Evil Queen's poison apple red lipstick? Cruella's brow pencil? Cue the evil laugh.

jt04

O good! Back from your little hiatus I see. You must have missed us all so terribly!

So if it's not TDO at fault in this instance than please do share who is? Because it would seem to me that TDO would make the decision to close a store which I can only assume is not pulling in the best numbers and replace it with something else.

*wispers*

"Follow the money"

:zipit:

IWant2GoNow

*wispers*

"Follow the money"

:zipit:

I kinda agree with you on this one, JT. If a store isn't making any money and taking up valueable real estate and can be easily transformed into a store that would currently make money then why wouldn't they change it?

I enjoy villains as much as everyone else and I was really happy to find the Villains in Vogue store 5 or 6 years ago at DHS but when I went in 2 years ago it was nothing but NBC. Which is fine and all, but I don't really consider Jack Skellington to be a "villain" just because he's a skeleton. The store to me was worthless after that.

As for Vinylmation, it's making money whether everyone loves or hates them. So for them to add a store to DHS was inevitable. I've decided to order a couple of blind boxes off of the Disney website so I'll see what I think of them then. If they are not worth the money I'll spend it elsewhere. $10 is extremely high priced for a 3" figure though.

Kamikaze

Well, in some positive news I did read the candy shop in the German pavilion was getting a Werther's Candy Shop, and people would have the opportunity to watch candy being made fresh on site......

You can do that already.
Its not 'Werthers' but who cares?

Tinkrbell

I love Villains in Vogue cuz its one of the few places I know that have some sort of villains merchandise.
I just got accepted into the College Program & asked to work at Villains, now it's looking like I won't be able to there with it's villains theme/merchandise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom