DHS Villains in Vogue Store sadly on it's way out...

sorcerergoofy

Well, it is not like Villains in Vogue has had tons of that kind of merchandise during the past years. Still, it will be missed.

Yeah, but they still had a bit more than most other places. I've always loved the Villains, and that was one of the few places mostly dedicated to them.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sad to see it go but it had become rather stale over the last few years. You need something more than NBC with pinch of Pirates to make a good villains store.

sorcerergoofy

I just do not get vinylmation at all. Does it really make that much money?

I think it's cool. It's a good alternative for those who don't like collecting the pins. I plan on starting a collection when I go in a few weeks.

I can see where it may not be everyone's cup of tea, though.

dreamfinder

It's a shame to see it go. But it definitely is a fraction of what it used to be. As much as I like Vinylmation they seem to be pushing it down everyone's throats.

JimJam

Holy @#$@)!@ how could they do this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> its my favorite store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OklaHoops

This is just wrong!!!:mad: My family loves the villains and think there should be more merchandise not the pittance they have currently. Everyone needs the villains to balance the heroes, :goodnevil besides the villains are the best character greetings around! This is Disney making another mistake and not knowing their audience. Bring more villains merchandise and the sales will come. All they put out is Jack Skellington T-Shirts!!?!:eek:

tigger248

Dang it! That was my favorite store in the Studios! Even though they didn't have much selection, at least it was more than you could find anywhere else. I guess now the Muppet store is the only one I will have a strong need to visit when I am in that park.

What I have the biggest problem with is that they seem to be making all the stores sell basically the same stuff. I really miss the days where there was tons of unique merchandise in different sections of the different parks. :cry:

OklaHoops

And another thing... What about those Vinylmation Mickeys??? :hurl:They should use them for props for "Deadliest Warrior". Now that is something Disney should pull from the shelves.:D

DisneyGAL4Life

It's a shame that the store will be gone. When they were actually selling good villain merchandise it was one of my favorite stores. I don't understand why Disney Management thinks that NBC and Pirates are the villains they need to produce merchandise for. I don't even fill like they are villains. One of my favorite Disney shirts of all time is a Scar shirt I purchased from Villains in Vogue.

Animaniac93-98

While it's disappointing to see a Villains store go, it has been a long time since I last bought anything there because few of the merch appealed to me. Like the rest of WDW, more interesting stuff would have got my money.

But Vinylmation? I'll never spend money on that.

TinkerBelle8878

It seems like all the stores in all the parks are now going to sell the exact same things. If they already didn't. I've never been the hugest villain fan but I liked looking through the store because it had different stuff. And that was probably the only store on the property to sell those specific items.

It's a shame that uniqueness of merchandise is pretty much over. I said this after my trip a year ago. Every store sold the same thing. It used to be when I was growing up that my parents would tell me to remember where I saw what I wanted souvenier wise because we'd have to come back later to get it.

Seeing the exact same things everywhere actually made me less inclined to spend money. I had no interest in buying and got so sick of seeing the exact same things, even in DTD. As for the Vinylmation, they're cute, but I'd never waste my money on something that gave me a 'chance' to get the one I wanted. I'm sure there are many people who buy and get multiples of ones that they'd never buy otherwise.

That being said, I've never understood the pin craze either. In this economy aren't there better ways to spend money besides pins and Vinylmations? At least shirts and hats can be worn. Stuffed animals are friends for years for kids. But pins and Vinylmation? I suspect five years from now, Disney will be clearancing these and redoing the stores because interest has waned, like Beanie Babies and Webkinz before them.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, in some positive news I did read the candy shop in the German pavilion was getting a Werther's Candy Shop, and people would have the opportunity to watch candy being made fresh on site......

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I might have to find a way to make a quick trip down this fall for that and the new restaurants in EP.....

champdisney

This is just a typical phase that will eventually come to a halt, this always happens and Disney never gets tired of allowing it as long as money is being made. I'm not too much of a fan with Vinylmation but I wouldn't mind purchasing one if it had a character I love, besides that Villains of Vogue was a great store for many years but was extremely slacking with Villains merchandise as of late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom