DHS Villains in Vogue Store sadly on it's way out...

RLMickey

Original Poster
I have it on good authority and first hand experience that Villains in Vouge will more than likely be changing it's name soon. There is supposedly "No Market for Villains" which we all know is complete bull. Especially how many times as a cast member I get asked "Where is all the villains stuff, like there used to be?"

So for now it is the new Vynilmation sstore and will be an extension of Sweet Spells which it is attached to. It has been closed the past few days to re-do the floor to match Sweet Spells and to remove and replace some fixtures. We have also heard that the Siamese Cats may be returning but in different spot and possibly not all 4 as before.

Very sad that some of Disney's best characters are almost completely pushed out yet. Now I know this post may cause drama among you all how the parks change or dont change which is why I don't really read or get into these forums that much. But I will admit it is sad on how commerical and cookie cutter all the gift shops are now. I am only mid-20s and I still remmber as a kid how the Villains store had amazing merchandise.

On a side not, the Marvel Comics stuff added to Legends of Hollywood store has been selling well and guest have been pleased to see it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's strange how the Villains stuff has supposedly gone out of favor. I remember when Villains in Vogue opened along with Fantasmic. All the craze was for Villains.

RLMickey

Original Poster
Yes sadly they do sell a lot, Vynilmation that is. Without getting too psychological here, humans are a collecting society and we are programmed to collect and the "thrill" of collecting, so they are addicting and it is amazing how many we sell a day. I think it is a cool concept I just do not think it needed to be a full store in each park on top of having D Street opened. Disney knows how to make money so I do give them credit for that, and I am sure that is the reason why all stores are basically identical merchandise now just with different facades.

Yes Villains was huge back in the day of Fantasmic and what not but thats also when the store had everythign from collectibles to keychains, magnets, figures, shirts, etc to do with Villains. I can't tell you how many times a day guests complain to me that 'this is supposed to be a villains store, where is it all'

RLMickey

Original Poster
I don't thikn it is so much as gone out of favor or not popular, I thikn they aer just bringing out poor merchandise. The few shirts we have gotten are very urban and strange looking for most part. There has been no collectibles other than few things in the Art of Disney stores. Yet our beach towel and postcard sell like crazy when we have them in. Nightmare Before Christmas stuff does sell a lot as well, and thankfully they have toned that merchandise down a bit because that was what the store was saturated with for a while.

BrerFrog

That is terrible. Maybe one of the reasons sales were down was because the store did not feature as much Villain merchandise as it used to. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, the store was filled with generic Disney merchandise the last I was there. :brick:

What a wasted opportunity. :(

WishingOnAStar

Personally I don't get the whole Vinylmation thing but those into it, more power to them. The problem is Disney seems to overdo it when it comes to a marketing craze. Does Vinylmation need a presence in EVERY store on property plus several shops competely dedicated to the product?

I will miss the Villians in Vogue shop, I popped in there everytime I was at DHS hoping there would be some new Villians merch.

tiaragirl

This makes me so angry. Villains has always been one of my favourite stores on site. On my last trip, I was sad to see how much the vinylmation products completely over ran the store. Not impressed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For a Villains store that dosn`t sell much villains merch aside from generic items I`m not surprised. I remember when it used to have a wall of Fantasmic! gear, with the Villains and Mickey art. Not anymore. Waste of space as it is now. So sad.

Studios Fan

I agree it was a Villains store that had more Pirates merchandise recently which is sold in just every other store. It is sad to see the store go. Hopefully they will make a villains section at one of the other stores. On another note, it is good to hear that Marvel is selling well.

Master Gracey 5

What a shame - the Villains need more presence in the parks and this was one of the last hold outs. If Disney feels there is such a lack of interest in Villains to close a store, then I say there's no hope for the old rumor of a Villain based 5th gate. :cry:

rodserling27

The best part about the Villains in Vogue store?? Those giant freakin' Siamese Cats.

A CM told me on my last trip that they were taking down the cats within a year and changing the store. I didn't believe him, and asked what would become of them, but he didn't know.

plaz10

This is terrible news. Its my favorite store because of the villains! I search the parks high and low for villain merch. It's a shame. Hopefully there is still some villains when I go in 4 days. :(

DocMcHulk

It's strange how the Villains stuff has supposedly gone out of favor. I remember when Villains in Vogue opened along with Fantasmic. All the craze was for Villains.

You mean there wont be a Villians based 5th gate???? :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Figment632

For a Villains store that dosn`t sell much villains merch aside from generic items I`m not surprised. I remember when it used to have a wall of Fantasmic! gear, with the Villains and Mickey art. Not anymore. Waste of space as it is now. So sad.

Agreed but it is even worse with this Vynilmation crap replacing it :brick:

disneynut4u

Man, I HATE to hear that. I am ALL about the villains!! I buy nothing but Villains stuff when I'm in the World. At Halloween, I'm usually a villain - Maleficent, Cruella, etc. I could spend a FORTUNE in a villains store!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom