DHS Tip Board Fountain removal???

wendysue

Well the plan of course is to be using phones and not kiosks. I think they want to provide the bare minimum necessary to push people to the phones, which is really the best option for everyone.

Believe it or not, many people do not have, and have no plans to get a smart phone. If I have to choose between that much money each month either going to a stupid phone or my vacation....well, you know which one I'm choosing. :D

FerretAfros

I mean, the rides, shows, food or beds haven't been changed because of that so mm+ ruined it?
I think that's kind of what kills it for me. The WDW experience is stale, and MM+ has come at the expense of changing and updating what's there. Instead of new rides and shows, we got MM+. I had a generally favorable opinion of the program after my January visit, but it didn't make up for the fact that very little has actually changed in the parks in the last 8 years

So you're right, MM+ hasn't changed the "stuff to do" in WDW. But as a returning visitor, I'm expecting that the "stuff to do" will constantly be getting updated and refreshed, and a lot of the money that would go toward those types of projects has been invested in MM+ instead

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Believe it or not, many people do not have, and have no plans to get a smart phone. If I have to choose between that much money each month either going to a stupid phone or my vacation....well, you know which one I'm choosing. :D

There are always individuals that resist the public norm, especially as technology moves forward. Over the next few years wireless carriers will only sell data packages with your voice minutes being included in those data packages because your voice call will be a VoIP application on your phone, even an old-styled 12-button phone. The march of progress, which almost always costs more than before, will continue or you will simply pay a lot more for a few minutes on a voice-only account.

There has been a massive, and I cannot state it enough, massive undertaking to expand data throughput from mobile towers to the carrier switches. The goals were to reduce the data transmit latency and improve bandwidth to support higher data usage and later voice transmission over IP which is much cheaper as well as more efficient for the wireless carriers than DS1 circuits.

Bolt

Sounds good. Joke will be on you once they finish adding the kiosks and ta-da, still there. Anyways, ripping out a fountain that has water lines would be more expensive. Surprised you didn't guess that first.

Jimmy Thick

The fountain is in good shape, and you can't just move a fountain. I'm hoping if it is walled off it's simply a refurb and an update to the pavement around it. That area NEEDS something pretty and relaxing, it fills the bill on both counts.
Looking at @RSoxNo1 picture, I would settle for a nice cleaning of the concrete.

Jimmy Thick- Yuck.

Timekeeper

If things go south, we will never forget...

9366517256_313b950b64.jpg

asialeigh

I check them frequently, certainly upon entering the park. I can't think of a reason to get rid of them unless they want to save $ on the CMs that update them (for what, $120/day?).
Nah those are Guest Relations CMs, they're not going anywheres. I know at MK it is to make more space since they are expanding the hub area.

wendysue

There are always individuals that resist the public norm, especially as technology moves forward. Over the next few years wireless carriers will only sell data packages with your voice minutes being included in those data packages because your voice call will be a VoIP application on your phone, even an old-styled 12-button phone. The march of progress, which almost always costs more than before, will continue or you will simply pay a lot more for a few minutes on a voice-only account.

There has been a massive, and I cannot state it enough, massive undertaking to expand data throughput from mobile towers to the carrier switches. The goals were to reduce the data transmit latency and improve bandwidth to support higher data usage and later voice transmission over IP which is much cheaper as well as more efficient for the wireless carriers than DS1 circuits.

I have nothing against technology. I just refuse to constantly have to pay ridiculous prices for it. I will just go back to a home phone and people can leave a message. I'll get back to them whenever....

backinaction

I have nothing against technology. I just refuse to constantly have to pay ridiculous prices for it. I will just go back to a home phone and people can leave a message. I'll get back to them whenever....
it seems like disney has underestimated the customers that think just like you. They have also made the decision to completely abandon you in the past. Sad, disney used to be a place for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom