DHS Tip Board Fountain removal???

mm52200

Original Poster
I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen this anywhere here, but I some through some other people on social media sites that the fountain by the tip board at DHS is being removed to make way for more FP+ kiosks? Apparently it's behind construction walls already I believe. Can anyone confirm this or not? Such a shame to lose such a pretty feature in that park.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen this anywhere here, but I some through some other people on social media sites that the fountain by the tip board at DHS is being removed to make way for more FP+ kiosks? Apparently it's behind construction walls already I believe. Can anyone confirm this or not? Such a shame to lose such a pretty feature in that park.
I know they are adding a couple of kiosks, but I can't imagine it would be in place of the fountain.

djkidkaz

It seems like an odd place for kiosks seeing as you would have lines of people down the main entrance street. Also they have a kiosk area at Sids so I don't know why they would have another one so close. My guess is just a fountain refurb but who knows...

mm52200

Original Poster
Hopefully what both of you are saying is true. I hadn't read about it anywhere else so when I saw a few people mention that was happening it had me really concerned. Hopefully that isn't happening but unfortunately you can never be so sure these days.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It seems like an odd place for kiosks seeing as you would have lines of people down the main entrance street. Also they have a kiosk area at Sids so I don't know why they would have another one so close. My guess is just a fountain refurb but who knows...
They are certainly adding 4 more kiosks at the tip board. There are currently 2, and they are adding another 4 to make 6 total. Where exactly they are going I don't know, but I would just be surprised to see the fountain go. But anything is possible.

JimboJones123

They are certainly adding 4 more kiosks at the tip board. There are currently 2, and they are adding another 4 to make 6 total. Where exactly they are going I don't know, but I would just be surprised to see the fountain go. But anything is possible.
There needs to be about 20 more.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Please can you give it a rest. You enter every single thread with the same type of comment, and it is disrupting any useful conversation.

Why is it out of bounds to question Disney's motives in removing beloved features from the parks?, At DHS first Sid Cahuenga's, Now the fountain by the tip board, What's next. These are not minor features they set the mood for the park.

I realize it's your board and you can set any policy you like.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Why is it out of bounds to question Disney's motives in removing beloved features from the parks?, At DHS first Sid Cahuenga's, Now the fountain by the tip board, What's next. These are not minor features they set the mood for the park.

It is not out of bounds, but you repeat the same message in pretty much every thread. I'm asking you to stop derailing threads by repeating the same message over and over.

awilliams4

There comes a point where being negative about absolutely everything gets old.

COProgressFan

Getting back on topic, I concur, it would be a huge loss if that fountain is removed.

In the park that is the least attended, removing something like the fountain for more kiosks is a terrible idea -- there is plenty of room in other locations. And again, it would be another example of removing the "park" from Disney's theme parks.

Let's hope not.

Slowjack

Well the plan of course is to be using phones and not kiosks. I think they want to provide the bare minimum necessary to push people to the phones, which is really the best option for everyone.
It's only the best option for everyone who has a smartphone (that's not a Windows phone, for which there's no app). I just hope you aren't right about them trying to get by with the bare minimum, because that's just going to lower the experience for everyone who has to use a kiosk. Even during this "test" phase where they've got the cast member squads with tablets -- who are a lot faster running through the app than most guests will be -- they are way behind the curve in terms of numbers. If Fastpass Plus is going to fly, they need a system where everyone can get their fastpasses, or make changes, quickly.

asianway

What's this rumor about starting to fill in the moat in the MK? Hear anything?

Sped2424

I do love that fountain, I am curious as to its fate. However Sid's is merely gone in name but not in spirit as it exists over by the old AFI store I believe at the end of the backlot tour!

mikenatcity1

Well the plan of course is to be using phones and not kiosks. I think they want to provide the bare minimum necessary to push people to the phones, which is really the best option for everyone.

Since they made the change to the app, it makes it so easy to change your MM+ options- the first day I was there I used the kiosks, then the app changes and I never went back- I was always using my phone :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom