DHS Tip Board Fountain removal???

TalkingHead

While it's disappointing, if true, can we keep some perspective here? A fountain is a nice bit of scenery, but I think it's a bit hyperbolic to call it a "favorite". "I can't wait to go to DHS and look at the fountain!!!"- said NO ONE.

"I can't wait to go to DHS and wait in line at the kiosk to reserve ride times for whatever's left!!!" -- said even fewer people.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
True, not everyone has a smart phone or tablet, and I try to use mine as little as possible in the park. But even for those who don't have the phone, how often are are they really going to the tip board to check wait times? We would only check them as we happened to walk by that area, and only then if we didn't have a particular plan for where we wanted to head next. YMMV, so I am curious as to how often others use them.

Same way, our style has always been to wander the parks commando style is just not for us, We are the type if kidlet wants to ride dumbo all day - then it's dumbo all day, Kidlet talks about dumbo day years after, See too many people dragging screaming kids because they have to do 'everything'.

fngoofy

Why is it out of bounds to question Disney's motives in removing beloved features from the parks?, At DHS first Sid Cahuenga's, Now the fountain by the tip board, What's next. These are not minor features they set the mood for the park.

I realize it's your board and you can set any policy you like.

We just got back and I can say that MM+ worked great. I can see how it would make money for the company because I was able to do more and spend more time with my family as opposed to running around and getting FPs (and we are savvy Guests who go each year)

I only saw strategically placed CMs helping people and I guess I past some of the kiosks, but frankly they were not obvious unless you where looking for them (with the exception of the one at the restrooms between Adventureland and Frontierland.

As far as "Beloved Features", loosing Sid's ranks pretty low, the building is still there and in the future can be something else once the need goes away. I mean let's face it, an autographed Tony Danza 8x10 wasn't adding to the experience of DHS. I'd be calling for them to kick Sid to the curb if they hadn't because while it may have been neat on opening day, for the last 10 yrs its been schlock.

All around property the FP+ worked great for us, from preplanning to making changes on the go. The one time either I or the system deleted our upcoming FP for Soarin, I was able to talk to a CM and she fixed it for us in under a minute.

As far a missing things, I do miss the fountains in Adventureland, but I understand why they don't have them anymore, they are expensive to maintain, people let their kids play in them, and they can be dangerous. As for Sid's, try and understand that it is gone for a reason and that for now it is serving a purpose, that purpose will probably change in the future, but don't knock a system that is, in the end, going to make WDW easier for everyone.

ToTBellHop

We just got back and I can say that MM+ worked great. I can see how it would make money for the company because I was able to do more and spend more time with my family as opposed to running around and getting FPs (and we are savvy Guests who go each year)

I only saw strategically placed CMs helping people and I guess I past some of the kiosks, but frankly they were not obvious unless you where looking for them (with the exception of the one at the restrooms between Adventureland and Frontierland.

As far as "Beloved Features", loosing Sid's ranks pretty low, the building is still there and in the future can be something else once the need goes away. I mean let's face it, an autographed Tony Danza 8x10 wasn't adding to the experience of DHS. I'd be calling for them to kick Sid to the curb if they hadn't because while it may have been neat on opening day, for the last 10 yrs its been schlock.

All around property the FP+ worked great for us, from preplanning to making changes on the go. The one time either I or the system deleted our upcoming FP for Soarin, I was able to talk to a CM and she fixed it for us in under a minute.

As far a missing things, I do miss the fountains in Adventureland, but I understand why they don't have them anymore, they are expensive to maintain, people let their kids play in them, and they can be dangerous. As for Sid's, try and understand that it is gone for a reason and that for now it is serving a purpose, that purpose will probably change in the future, but don't knock a system that is, in the end, going to make WDW easier for everyone.
Surely those fountains are less dangerous and cheaper to maintain than all of the new waterfalls and rivers they have just added to Fantasyland...

I don think Disney needs apologists for the fountain planters in Adventureland. It's sloppy in every way. They could at least paint over "La Fuente" which literally means, "the fountain". Tacky.

sloppy.joey

IMG_4640_0.JPG

The fountain isn't against a wall or in the shade and it would be odd to just have kiosks sitting in the open sun like that. Maybe off the the side behind the building pictured or even removing the tip board and putting them there makes more sense. Doesn't seem likely they would remove it.

note2001

The fountain is in good shape, and you can't just move a fountain. I'm hoping if it is walled off it's simply a refurb and an update to the pavement around it. That area NEEDS something pretty and relaxing, it fills the bill on both counts.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It is not out of bounds, but you repeat the same message in pretty much every thread. I'm asking you to stop derailing threads by repeating the same message over and over.

SHORT OT RANT

In 2013 I had 2 vacations pretty much ruined by the abomination known as MM+, Long time DVC member etc i've spent new car money with Disney for years and right now all Disney does is devalue the experience and people wonder why I now have a negative opinion of WDW

Bolt

SHORT OT RANT

In 2013 I had 2 vacations pretty much ruined by the abomination known as MM+, Long time DVC member etc i've spent new car money with Disney for years and right now all Disney does is devalue the experience and people wonder why I now have a negative opinion of WDW
I'm not quite sure what your overall issue is with MM+. The system allows you entry to your rooms, easier payment and PhotoPass options on your wrist. If you hate the band, you can request a card. So is your issue just FastPass?

I mean, the rides, shows, food or beds haven't been changed because of that so mm+ ruined it?

Bolt

SHORT OT RANT

Also - please direct this rant to the My Disney Experience forum, this is for news and rumors.

backinaction

SHORT OT RANT

As a person who stays outside property and who doesn't have a smart phone, I can see why ford is angry. I guess me spending 600 a year on an annual pass isn't enough for disney. MM+ wasn't put in place to help people. It was put in place to make Disney more money. I think everyone forgets that.

rioriz

As a person who stays outside property and who doesn't have a smart phone, I can see why ford is angry. I guess me spending 600 a year on an annual pass isn't enough for disney. MM+ wasn't put in place to help people. It was put in place to make Disney more money. I think everyone forgets that.

MM+ was for sure added to make Disney more money, but isn't that the point of owning a business? People do not start a business to create more jobs. Creating more jobs is a by product of creating a business. Responding to the market demands and making the consumer happy are target goals and a good business model. MM+ was intended to make the business more money but also with the hope of creating ease for the consumers who will use it. While the price tag and implementation were irresponsible, it is not totally true to say it wasn't put in to help people.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm not quite sure what your overall issue is with MM+. The system allows you entry to your rooms, easier payment and PhotoPass options on your wrist. If you hate the band, you can request a card. So is your issue just FastPass?

I mean, the rides, shows, food or beds haven't been changed because of that so mm+ ruined it?

When the ENTITLEMENTS DO NOT WORK - YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS and you get to waste time at GR, Not my definition of value for a vacation. Would not have a problem with MM+ IF IT WORKED, It failed utterly TWICE on TWO SEPARATE TRIPS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom