DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

tl77

I personally think that was a great idea. The circus looks fantastic and the capacity is increased. It should have allowed Magic Carpets to be demolished.

Dumbo isn't bad at all but the surrounding circus land was just a way to cut corners, raise prices and pretend they've given you something new instead of just rethemeing and demolishing Toon Town, and the double Dumbo now has the same capacity that the Carpets alway have had since they seat 4 instead of 2

Mike S

Dumbo isn't bad at all but the surrounding circus land was just a way to cut corners, raise prices and pretend they've given you something new instead of just rethemeing and demolishing Toon Town, and the double Dumbo now has the same capacity that the Carpets alway have had since they seat 4 instead of 2
The Circus really is a waste. That area could've been Arendelle.........

spacemt354

Chili's
they also could rehuse the catastrophe canyon as part of carsland track. aka the waterfall area in CARS 1 movie.

Florida is prone to rain showers though, so I would try to eliminate all outdoor parts to reduce downtime, especially in a park that has a small amount of rides to begin with.

An immersive Cars dark ride with no downtime and high capacity using elements from RSR could be a great addition to a park that needs more things for the whole family to do.

dstrawn9889

I'd guess an outdoor part as well that takes the ride through Catastrophe Canyon (reworked, of course).
they also could rehuse the catastrophe canyon as part of carsland track. aka the waterfall area in CARS 1 movie.
what is it with the canyon making an appearance? old, DATED effects, virtually identical to a ride at uni... and would not be appropriate for a fast ride, nor an omnimover style ride...

doctornick

The Circus really is a waste. That area could've been Arendelle.........

How could it have been Arendelle? The whole area was planed and built years before the movie came out.

Now, if you want to say that the area "could have been" Neverland or Wonderland or Pixie Hollow, have at it. Personally, I like the Circus theme and think it looks good, what it lacks -- much like all of the FLE -- is more/higher quality attractions. Having a dark ride or two instead of the M&G/FP+ tent/Casey Jr splash zone would have made a dramatic difference.

Mike S

How could it have been Arendelle? The whole area was planed and built years before the movie came out.

Now, if you want to say that the area "could have been" Neverland or Wonderland or Pixie Hollow, have at it. Personally, I like the Circus theme and think it looks good, what it lacks -- much like all of the FLE -- is more/higher quality attractions. Having a dark ride or two instead of the M&G/FP+ tent/Casey Jr splash zone would have made a dramatic difference.
I know it's impossible for them to have planned for Frozen. Just saying that it would've been the perfect spot if they hadn't bulldozed Toontown yet. I'll stop now.......

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
what is it with the canyon making an appearance? old, DATED effects, virtually identical to a ride at uni... and would not be appropriate for a fast ride, nor an omnimover style ride...

I really don't see them keeping Cat Canyon even if something cars related goes back there. It is sometime more costly to try to design around something then to work with a clean slate. Not to mention, if people are thinking about them keeping the effects as well as the rock work, it requires a lot of maintenance. I see permits for work on the canyon at least once if not multiple times a year. I would assume those effect put a lot of wear and tare on the structure.

spacemt354

Chili's

I agree.

Even if they simply added an actual casey jr train ride and maybe a circus show or something, it could have been much more fleshed out. And then the quality in detail could have matched the quantity of things to do.

JWG

Just glad to see movement. One can argue that it has taken TDO waaaay toooooo long to get started on this stuff, well past a point of no return, but the volume of work being done is fairly incredible. Between theme park work being fairly significant and DAK, likely DHS, and recently at MK, the resort work at the Poly, the significant undertaking at DTD... The team really is pouring on the construction and upgrades. More than we've seen in over a decade or two, maybe since DAK opened. So good for them. Now I acknowledge that a lot of it is the result of complete stagnation previously, but you can't argue with the amount going on now, even if not at our favorite park around the lagoon.

2021 may be shaping up to be a great year at WDW and maybe, just maybe, it's getting the 50th treatment that DL did. Which frankly, started the renaissance out west.

ABQ

Anyone know, does Radiator Springs Racers shut down any time it sprinkles like TT does? Not that it rains as often in Anaheim as it does Lake Buena Vista.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Anyone know, does Radiator Springs Racers shut down any time it sprinkles like TT does? Not that it rains as often in Anaheim as it does Lake Buena Vista.

It's gotten better lately, but for the first 18 months or so, RSR shut down when too many people inhaled at the same time. I'd venture to guess that it's as temperamental with rain as Test Track, but it just doesn't come into play very often.

ABQ

It's gotten better lately, but for the first 18 months or so, RSR shut down when too many people inhaled at the same time. I'd venture to guess that it's as temperamental with rain as Test Track, but it just doesn't come into play very often.
But, as others have alluded to, in FL, that would be quite rough.

Vader2112

It is a new exhibit called : A Man and His Dream of Digital Animation and conquest through acquisition of other IPs."

On a serious note I hope it is something new that brings some life to DHS.

PorterRedkey

I would like to see some type of water ride brought to TPFKAMGMS. That park is so dry. I am sad that I have not heard of any water rides on the table for the DHS/DHA expansion. Has anyone else heard anything about a possible water ride that I might have missed?

At least they are adding rides and this park sorely needs them.

aladdin2007

So where does the hat stand in todays discussions lol. :) hey someone had to bring it up...yesterday the latest was it would possibly be moved, but what about today lol. did jimhill say anything about it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom