DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

PrincessNelly_NJ

Call me crazy, but I really don't want a Carsland.

We have Test track, such a similar concept.

But mostly because California Adventure, Disney Studios, and Hollywood Studios all need/needed something to make them stand out and boost attendance.

California Adventure got Carsland.
Disney Studios got Ratatouille.
Hollywood Studios deserves something that makes it stand out too. Something unique to HS.

Mike S

Call me crazy, but I really don't want a Carsland.

We have Test track, such a similar concept.

But mostly because California Adventure, Disney Studios, and Hollywood Studios all need/needed something to make them stand out and boost attendance.

California Adventure got Carsland.
Disney Studios got Ratatouille.
Hollywood Studios deserves something that makes it stand out too. Something unique to HS.
The Incredibles.

Tip Top Club

The Incredibles.

This! I'm hoping that Something Incredibles related is at least considered with a sequal on the horizon. I wouldn't fault them for going the Toy Story/Monsters/Cars route, but I'm hoping they expand and include at least bits of other Pixar Properties as well...Presuming that's where all of this is going.

doctornick

Well, it has the Great Movie Ride.

That said, I tend to agree that it would be good for DHS to get something significant and unique in the Pixar expansion of the park. I'm expecting the Star Wars expansion to be largely similar to what DL will get (and probably other parks eventually)

PhotoDave219

yes in June....that still seems like a lot of stuff to build..not saying it doesnt need it

..... Don't take this the wrong way…

It is ridiculously blatantly obvious to anybody including the blind there isn't crap to do with the studios these days.

There's nothing but shows. Tower. Coaster. Muppets. Star toUrs. And more shows. And TSMM.

Very little for adults, even less for kids.

Disney's Hollywood Studios is in desperate need of anything at this point. They've closed so much over the past 10 years and not replaced them with anything.

Clamman73

I guess LMA would still have to go though...
radiator.jpg

doctornick

im still doubting the cars land rumor

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Radiator Springs mini-land without RSR -- the town with the merch/food plus Mater's ride -- but with a smaller scale dark ride instead of RSR. The could probably do something similar to the indoor portions of RSR and make it a bit longer; it would be a lot cheaper and with a smaller footprint than having the race portion and all the rockwork.

Quick thought: something like this might be able to be built as "Phase 2" replacing LMA/Catastrophe Canyon while "Phase 1" of Pixar stuff gets puts in the BLT area next to TSM/Soundstage 1

PrincessNelly_NJ

Well, it has the Great Movie Ride.

That said, I tend to agree that it would be good for DHS to get something significant and unique in the Pixar expansion of the park. I'm expecting the Star Wars expansion to be largely similar to what DL will get (and probably other parks eventually)
The Great Movie Ride is a classic. I love it but it isn't comparable to Carsland or Ratatouille because it is one ride vs entire lands.

twebber55

..... Don't take this the wrong way…

It is ridiculously blatantly obvious to anybody including the blind there isn't crap to do with the studios these days.

There's nothing but shows. Tower. Coaster. Muppets. Star toUrs. And more shows. And TSMM.

Very little for adults, even less for kids.

Disney's Hollywood Studios is in desperate need of anything at this point. They've closed so much over the past 10 years and not replaced them with anything.
didnt take it the wrong way...in fact i agree 100%

doctornick

I always kind of feel like it was under-built from the start. Once it stopped being a working studio and the Backlot Tour went from being 3-4 hours to the truncated tram tour, it became obvious that there wasn't nearly enough in the park.

I guess my point is that I don't think problem is closures (though there have been a fair share of them and it has exacerbated the issue) as much as not enough stuff to begin with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom