DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

flyerjab

I enjoy this simply for the fact that at the moment, it is a mystery as to what it is. That does not happen much due to the insiders we thankfully have on this site.

I recall during Jim Hill's rather enigmatic podcast about the DHS overhaul, one of the first areas he talked about were changes coming to Pixar Place. He talked about that, including something about changes to the building facades, before anything else.

I know it's Jim Hill, just thought I'd throw it out there...

ToTBellHop

I'm still baffled that its taken this long to "flesh out" Pixar place. There's monsters inc, up, brave, incredibles, bugs life, wall-e....and all we have is that little dinky section. I hope a larger section is coming because the park needs help.
I'm baffled at the state of DHS in general. Is the company really that arrogant that they could ignore major issues at the park for the last 5-10 years while astronomically increasing the price of entry. We are still stuck with the (quaint) exhibit celebrating Walt's 100th birthday! His frozen head turns 113 this year.

DinoInstitute

Personally, for now, I think it would be good to add a d-ticket family dark ride, flat ride (preferably swing because we don't have one yet), and a somewhat thrilling e-ticket.

Although, I do know the order in which they are most likely to come true.

I would like to see M&SttR come to DHS, it seems like a good dark ride. Only two things though- change the facade, and I mean seriously, and also the animatronics and show scenes aren't too advanced. Maybe add a few more scenes/elaborate on them to make the experience longer and more like the movie, and it would look nicer too.

doctornick

I enjoy this simply for the fact that at the moment, it is a mystery as to what it is. That does not happen much due to the insiders we thankfully have on this site.

I kind of am enjoying that well. The speculation and resultant discussion is actually far more interesting and fun that the typical complaining that we do when we already know what is coming and are eager to point out the flaws.

doctornick

In all likelihood, Brave would be entirely too hard to develop into much of anything. And Wall-E has too much message. I think we'll see Monster Inc, Bug's Life, and Toy Story at most. I would love some Up, but I doubt it.

Up has potential for something like a PPF flight type ride, but I'd be skeptical of seeing it. The Incredibles is another one, though, that would be likely and there's even a sequel on the way. Finding Nemo could also be used (Crush's Coaster?) but it's already in two parks, so I don't think they'd want to go there again. And there's always the theoretically possibility of Ratatouille, even if it is something different than Paris; honestly, I think it wouldn't be bad to just bring the restaurant in if nothing else -- a nice French place would be a good addition to DHS.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well I'm guessing its going to be a restaurant or a dark coaster more so than a 3rd track based on the fact Whiting Turner's main thing related to theme parks seems to be dining experiences and coasters.

They have done lot of different construction projects beyond resturants and coasters. The are also doing the Maelstrom project which I highly doubt is going to be either a restaurant or a coaster.

I took hope this is something new and think it likely is. But, there is already a third load position for TSMM -- the disabled load position that cars can be diverted to as need be. That load position could concievably be put in line so that three car sets load at the same time. A third track would then have to be routed all the way around the outside of e current two tracks. Splitting and merging back roughly where the current two tracks split and merge. That would require expansion of the current ride building on two sides, but I think the room is there. The only thing that would need to be diverted into Soundstage 1 is hate majority of the queue.

I doubt this is the plan, but I suspect it could be done.

The web site that originally posted the third track rumor also had a follow up saying that the change would involve the disabled load position.

RayTheFirefly

They have done lot of different construction projects beyond resturants and coasters. The are also doing the Maelstrom project which I highly doubt is going to be either a restaurant or a coaster.

Do you happen to know of any examples of cool stuff they've done? Do you think that they'll do a good job?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Ignohippo

Looks like I was wrong. sorry @Ignohippo All I am going to say, is that if you add more family rides the strain on Toy story will be lessened most definitly. Look at the rides wait times on the west coast.

You and I are 100% in agreement. The main reason TSMM is so ungodly popular is because there's such a huge lack of family rides at DHS.

I was just trying to save you the heartache of an endless argument. There are a couple of people who will argue expanding TSMM is the perfect thing needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom