DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

RSoxNo1

Expansion of Pixar Place, Cars...lots of stuff.

My issue with the "third track" idea is that it would not take up all of Stage 1, and would require routing that track way out of the way. Impractical, to say the least...
Not at all. A third track could be completely independent of the existing 2 with the split point being around Mr. Potato Head.
r-1410219986-ToyStoryMania1.jpg

RSoxNo1

Right, because a third Soarin would significantly increase capacity, whereas adding a TSMM track would not.

I, personally, would not be opposed to a Pixar themed dark ride going in one of those buildings. As someone said, DHS needs some non-thrill rides. Something indoors, air conditioned, visually appealing and crowd-eating.
Adding a 3rd track would require either totally reconfiguring the existing load area, or simply building a new track/load area in Soundstage 1. I would think the latter would be much easier.

Lee

Adventurer
Not at all. A third track could be completely independent of the existing 2 with the split point being around Mr. Potato Head.
r-1410219986-ToyStoryMania1.jpg

It would be more likely that the 3rd track would be Standby only as Fastpass+ distribution is usually 65-70%.

Adding a 3rd track would require either totally reconfiguring the existing load area, or simply building a new track/load area in Soundstage 1. I would think the latter would be much easier.
As I said, impractical.
I don't see it happening.

BrianLo

I know it's all speculation, but why are people leaning towards a clone of Monster's from DCA and not the Door Coaster that was long ago planned for this very building? If this was a snap decision that seems to have evaded the radar of most insiders, well laid plans must have existed to be dusted off.

Besides, DCA's version is an overlay on a reasonable budget, it makes very little sense to shoehorn that ride into DHS when something could be custom built from the get go for a similar price tag, and without the Superstar Limo restrictions. Same reason Epcot's version of Frozen will never be replicated, there are no cost savings for any park that doesn't already have the ride system to overlay.

If it has to be built from scratch anyways, why restrict oneself?

Mike S

I know it's all speculation, but why are people leaning towards a clone of Monster's from DCA and not the Door Coaster that was long ago planned for this very building? If this was a snap decision that seems to have evaded the radar of most insiders, well laid plans must have existed to be dusted off.

Besides, DCA's version is an overlay on a reasonable budget, it makes very little sense to shoehorn that ride into DHS when something could be custom built from the get go for a similar price tag, and without the Superstar Limo restrictions. Same reason Epcot's version of Frozen will never be replicated, there are no cost savings for any park that doesn't already have the ride system to overlay.

If it has to be built from scratch anyways, why restrict oneself?
Some people said Ride & Go Seek from Tokyo could be a good idea too since it wouldn't have a height restriction unlike the coaster. DHS does need family rides.

flynnibus

Premium Member

At that point you are rebuilding virtually the entire attraction besides the decorated queue.. why would you spend the full price of an attraction to not actually get anything more besides a reduced wait (maybe). The return for the spend is just so out of whack.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I too hope this is something new and think it likely is. But, there is already a third load position for TSMM -- the disabled load position that cars can be diverted to as need be. That load position could conceivably be put in line so that three car sets load at the same time. A third track would then have to be routed all the way around the outside of the current two track, splitting and merging back roughly where the current two tracks split and merge. That would require expansion of the current ride building on two sides, but I think the room is there. The only thing that would need to be diverted into Soundstage 1 is the majority of the queue.

I doubt this is the plan, but I suspect it could be done.

Last edited:

BrerJon

I sincerely think it is this or a DCA replica. You want to launch Pixar Place? Two top franchises, kid friendly dark rides. I think you're going to see an e-ticket coaster in star wars but not here. I think we'll get a more fleshed out Pixar Place. What else that entails is beyond my current reasoning, but MI will fit easily.

I'd love if it was Go Seek, they'd solve so many problems in one go, but can you see Orlando Disney ever spending that kind of money? They're the guys that always go for the cheapest route, never spend a dime when you could save a nickel, so I'm sure it will be a clone of California's ride all the way.

DManRightHere

Dang..I sure wouldn't waste the money on toy story expansion.

Anyways, if that's what it is, isn't the track layout tiny? I suppose the hardest thing to do is integrating an expansion to the current computer systems.

Sped2424

So, just because it hasn't made it up the moonshine mountain trail that means it ain't happening?

Although I haven't heard one word about it, but this is a typical TDO type move if it indeed happens.

BTW, word has it you were spotted watching Agents of BORING last night. Pretty soon, you'll be buying vinylmation.
Spirit man you gotta give the series like 7 episodes. Which is asking A LOT lol But it really did pick up after that rough patch in the beginning. And now more so than ever. The series got so good in season one after the whole
hydra operative infiltration that really made you question who was good and who wasn't that tied in with captain america two. It just got so good, I really recommend you give it another chance!

Last edited:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I'd love if it was Go Seek, they'd solve so many problems in one go, but can you see Orlando Disney ever spending that kind of money? They're the guys that always go for the cheapest route, never spend a dime when you could save a nickel, so I'm sure it will be a clone of California's ride all the way.
I think ride and go seek is a lot of fun, and would enjoy it if it were added to Pixar Place, bit it did not impress me as being very expensive. There are very few AAs -- mostly cutout or stationary 3-d pieces that rock or turn, but not much more. There is no scoring, so the tech doesn't need to be too complicated. The car is not controlled by the riders -- you face the way it decides to face you. Translation -- I think ride and go seek would indeed be pretty cheap to install, at least compared to a door coaster.

But I still dont think that's what it'll be. It's too similar to TSMM to put right next to it.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

If this company is also working on the restaurants at DTD how long are those permits for? Does it usually take this company 2 years to build a restaurant? If not then we can probably assume it's not a restaurant.

Next Big Thing

If this company is also working on the restaurants at DTD how long are those permits for? Does it usually take this company 2 years to build a restaurant? If not then we can probably assume it's not a restaurant.
It's a contractor, they build what they get contracted to build. So it could be literally anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom