DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

FerretAfros

According to Martin, Tom Fitz and some suits are at Stage one right now. With plans.

Edit: Add to that....Skipper John, Staggs, Meg, George...
For what it's worth, I saw a very similar group (Staggs, Meg, George, Lasseter, Bruce Vaughn, probably others I didn't have time to recognize) pass through that area in January when I was standing outside of TSMM. I'm not sure exactly where they came from or when to, but they were walking in the general direction of SS1/tram tour. It was drizzling, so nobody really wanted to spend time outside (including guests, who were all huddled up in various alcoves)

It was the same day that they did the photoshoot for the Avatar ground breaking, so they must have taken advantage of having everybody on site

stichrules

Ok I swear I remember reading somewhere that this was to be a 3rd track or TSMM with it being dedicated to fastpass+ and the other 2 tracks were for standby.

flyerjab

Up has potential for something like a PPF flight type ride, but I'd be skeptical of seeing it. The Incredibles is another one, though, that would be likely and there's even a sequel on the way.

One thing that I though about for Up would be a simulator ride. The facade would be the house and everyone would enter through the front door. Up above the house would be the balloons that Mr. Fredricksen put up for the house to float away. The ride itself could be a simulator ride where everyone is placed in the house in different rooms facing large windows. It would start with the house lifting off and soaring above the city, into the clouds, and landing at Paradise Falls. You could have all sorts of visuals occur outside the windows, including Charles Muntz's blimp with the dogs flying the planes, the bird Kevin, Russell over the buildings, the storm...so many things. The simulator could obviously be built to sway and react to what was happening outside. You could have AAs for Russell and Mr. Fredericksen in the ride, similar to Henry Mystic and the Monkey in the Mystic Manor ride in HKDL. You could also have objects within the house engineered to move around and fall over during the ride. Also, I think that it would be neat to have the facade of the ride with the colorful array of balloons above it. It would add so much color to that area.

IMHO, the Incredibles could be an awesome E Ticket ride considering the source material.

Master Gracey 5

It wouldn't make thematic sense though if they are expanding Pixar into that area.

Also any chance Pizza Planet gets moved to PIxar Place with all these rumors? Or simply removed from its current location? Just seems out of place in its current spot.

I was thinking this got lost in the shuffle and seemed the most likely move with Star Wars in the future and Backlot closing down. Now that I hear the big wigs are walking around here's hoping something more than a restaurant relocate is coming.

DallasDis

I checked Whiting Turners website portfolio and didn't see anything related to Carsland. Wouldn't it make sense that if a Carsland was getting replicated to DHS that the same contractor would be used? Would seem to save money.

DallasDis

According to Martin, Tom Fitz and some suits are at Stage one right now. With plans.

Edit: Add to that....Skipper John, Staggs, Meg, George...

I know Lassiter is not technically an inagineering employee. What has he worked on with Imagineering other than Carland?

NormC

I'm a little confused on the TSMM 3rd track rumors....

trk_mgm_toy.jpg

From the way I'm interpreting this it seems like where it says "Toy Story Mania" horizontally is the side of the building in which you enter the line.

If that's true and we are looking down at the building as if the street was to the right hand side, that would mean the load/unload station is north, while Soundstage 1, is south. How would they add a 3rd track in that case? It doesn't make too much sense.
I believe SS1 is to the right (where Toy Story Mania is written vertically) of this drawing as seen above. Queue entrance is the four doors at top right. Potato Head stage is bottom right. Street would be top. They could mirror ride and split queue.

dstrawn9889

I know Lassiter is not technically an inagineering employee. What has he worked on with Imagineering other than Carland?
Since 2007, he oversees all of Walt Disney Animation Studios' films and associated projects as executive producer. He reports directly to Disney President and CEO Robert Iger, bypassing Disney's studio and theme park executives.[\b] He also received green-light power on films with Roy E. Disney's consent. --wiki

DinoInstitute

SO, it seems like something big is happening. I am setting my self up for a big disappointment I fear.

Has all of the Frozen stuff been moved from there yet? If not, maybe they are all playing on it one last time. Who knows.

But, it seems like it will be a new, welcome addition to Pixar Place. How likely is it that they'd be there if it was just a spinner? That is a legit question of curiosity, just to do some thinking.

FutureWorld1982

Why do you need John Lasseter in the muggy swamps for a clone? He would likely just give his approval from the comfort of sunny, dry California.

TP2000, is that you? :)

Someone go there right now and read those plans.

I would love to take a look at those plans too. There are way too many rumors out there. What is it? Monsters, inc. dark ride? Monsters Door Coaster? Ratatouille? Toy Story Playland? Cars Land? Star Wars? Up dark ride? Chicken Little spinner?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom