DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Gabriel Garcia

Well Tom did work on the Ratatouille project and since that is under pixar maybe there's a chance that is whats coming to the soundstage. I actually wouldn't mind a Toy Story expansion since it really is a great ride and something big will come to the Backlot Tour area and the Star Wars expansion somewhere down the line. I am excited about the future of this park!

#SayNoToFrozen

Figaro928

Just a thought. Feasability aside - if they add a 3rd track to TSMM, at some point they would need to shut down the ride at the very least to incorporate the entrance and exit. Closing TSMM for any amount of time would be insanity on DCO, right?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I know Lassiter is not technically an inagineering employee. What has he worked on with Imagineering other than Carland?

He has a chief creative advisor title or something... basically he can stick his nose in and swing his third leg if he wants, but isn't responsible for carrying the load. He got involved with Nemo Subs at DL right after the acquisition and pretty much plays when and where he wants. The studios are his primary focus.

jt04

I would love to take a look at those plans too. There are way too many rumors out there. What is it? Monsters, inc. dark ride? Monsters Door Coaster? Ratatouille? Toy Story Playland? Cars Land? Star Wars? Up dark ride? Chicken Little spinner?

Chicken Little was fired and no longer resides here.

Fun to speculate on all the possibilities isn't it? :happy:

ABQ

Better be....
FrontPix4.jpg

Completely inconspicuous.

Fox&Hound

My hope: use the space for Monster's Inc Door Coaster. Bring Bug's life playland from California for the kiddies and incorporate the HISTK playset. Then we'd have Toy Story, Monster's Inc, and Bug's Life represented in Pixar Place. We'd be all set for phase II: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Cozy Cone Snacks, Flo's Diner, and an original Cars dark ride that borrows from Cali but still unique to this coast. Then you have a well-rounded Pixar place and can add Star Wars. Imagine the merchandise they could sell. Gives a new meaning to Stars and Cars parade now!!!!!!!!

Gomer

My hope: use the space for Monster's Inc Door Coaster. Bring Bug's life playland from California for the kiddies and incorporate the HISTK playset. Then we'd have Toy Story, Monster's Inc, and Bug's Life represented in Pixar Place. We'd be all set for phase II: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Cozy Cone Snacks, Flo's Diner, and an original Cars dark ride that borrows from Cali but still unique to this coast. Then you have a well-rounded Pixar place and can add Star Wars. Imagine the merchandise they could sell. Gives a new meaning to Stars and Cars parade now!!!!!!!!
If you add in a Wall-e themed ride/section at the outskirts it could work as a nicely themed transition from a Star Wars expansion into Pixar land without the abrupt changes that are strewn about DHS today.

doctornick

SO, it seems like something big is happening. I am setting my self up for a big disappointment I fear.

I think "big" is ambiguous. It seems something is happening. It's likely Pixar related. Given the nature of SS1, it's probably some sort of dark ride. It might very be a C-ticket like Mike and Sulley to the Rescue (which is fine, the park needs such things, but isn't IMHO "big" in the sense of some groundbreaking new attraction).

spacemt354

Chili's
I believe SS1 is to the right (where Toy Story Mania is written vertically) of this drawing as seen above. Queue entrance is the four doors at top right. Potato Head stage is bottom right. Street would be top. They could mirror ride and split queue.
Ah yes. I thought it looked strange.

Though if they're mirroring the ride, why are we calling it a 3rd track? Wouldn't it be 3rd and 4th track?

Just seems like overkill to me. I know with dueling dumbo and two version of mission space, Disney has duplicated their rides before, but with the big guns out and about in the parks and ride closures and whatnot, it feels like something more.

doctornick

My hope: use the space for Monster's Inc Door Coaster. Bring Bug's life playland from California for the kiddies and incorporate the HISTK playset.

One thing I've thought for some time is that is they were ever to convert HISTLK to a Bug's Life theme (wouldn't need that much), they could easily chop off some of the playground -- it's huge -- and use that space to put one or two of the flat rides from It's a Bug's Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom