DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

evnted

I could just see them sitting around a table giggling saying "yeah, let's name it project 6! That will get em talking!"
makes me think of this...
pod0019-pig-prank.jpg

Sped2424

Stop with the black and white talk. One or the other on their own will not solve the problem, but do both, which seems like the plan, and capacity problems will be solved.
Looks like I was wrong. sorry @Ignohippo All I am going to say, is that if you add more family rides the strain on Toy story will be lessened most definitly. Look at the rides wait times on the west coast.

spacemt354

Chili's
Looks like I was wrong. sorry @Ignohippo All I am going to say, is that if you add more family rides the strain on Toy story will be lessened most definitly. Look at the rides wait times on the west coast.

I was there on Christmas Day and TSMM wasn't even 30 mins.

DCA has Cars Land, Monster's Inc, Bug's Land. Tons of Pixar stuff and a lot more to do, which takes the heat away from TSMM.

WDW1974

FWIW, I haven't heard of any plans for a third track.
Not even sure it's feasible, given the existing layout.

I'm thinking...no.

So, just because it hasn't made it up the moonshine mountain trail that means it ain't happening?

Although I haven't heard one word about it, but this is a typical TDO type move if it indeed happens.

BTW, word has it you were spotted watching Agents of BORING last night. Pretty soon, you'll be buying vinylmation.

Tom

Beta Return
Expansion of Pixar Place, Cars...lots of stuff.

My issue with the "third track" idea is that it would not take up all of Stage 1, and would require routing that track way out of the way. Impractical, to say the least...

I can't think of any way that a "third" TSM track would work. First, the queue is in between the current loading area and Soundstage 1. Second, while the ride path has two tracks, it only has one loading and unloading zone and dispatches two vehicles at a time. A "third" track would have to be an entirely redesigned ride system if it were indeed only one track.

Even if they somehow did this, having one side handle 1/3rd of the capacity and the other sides take 2/3rds would be a nightmare to for traffic flow.

Another option would be to copy and paste and mirror the entire original ride track, and I highly doubt that would happen, given that, again, the queue is in between and would have to be completely reconfigured.

toy_story_mania_possibilities.jpg

Dark green and pink = queue. Soundstage 1 would be to the left of this image.

I'm a little confused on the TSMM 3rd track rumors....

trk_mgm_toy.jpg

From the way I'm interpreting this it seems like where it says "Toy Story Mania" horizontally is the side of the building in which you enter the line.

If that's true and we are looking down at the building as if the street was to the right hand side, that would mean the load/unload station is north, while Soundstage 1, is south. How would they add a 3rd track in that case? It doesn't make too much sense.

Agreed.

As was discussed in the TSMM Expansion thread, they can't actually increase capacity of TSMM without adding a load/unload zone for any track added. The track could be 500' long or 5,000' long - you're limited by how many vehicles you can LOAD and dispatch into the ride. Adding length to the track, or even adding a third track via another roundtable switch, will not increase capacity.

And as we can see from the plans and aerial shots, they would have to essentially add another complete instance of the ride to make it work. I don't see this happening, at all.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
wow... so much energy spent on a label #...

WD-40 wasn't the 40th product shipped... just the 40th iteration. Ponder that with your 'what else is being done..' thinking.

Yeah, focusing on the project number burys the lead which is "Whiting-Turner" and "2-years", that points to something pretty significant to me. Of course that doesn't mean it's something any of use are going to actually like or care about.

jt04

Yeah, focusing on the project number burys the lead which is "Whiting-Turner" and "2-years", that points to something pretty significant to me. Of course that doesn't mean it's something any of use are going to actually like or care about.

:cyclops:

doctornick

The reverse. Overestimate a permit.

This. A lot of people IMHO are reading too much into the "2 years" aspect. It could be a project expected to take 6 months, but they put a 2 year end date on there anyway. It doesn't de facto mean that whatever they are doing is expected to take 2 years to complete.

The Whiting-Turner part is more interesting.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This. A lot of people IMHO are reading too much into the "2 years" aspect. It could be a project expected to take 6 months, but they put a 2 year end date on there anyway. It doesn't de facto mean that whatever they are doing is expected to take 2 years to complete.

The Whiting-Turner part is more interesting.

If the project was going to take 6 months, I doubt they would stretch the expiration date out to two years. I haven't seen many cases where an explicit expiration date was put on a permit that was way beyond the actual completion date. The only exception to this has been for very large projects (Disney Springs and Avatar) where the individual permits all had the end date for the entire project.

doctornick

I did say that but we've had speculation from people who work at DHS saying they've seen materials related to a 3rd track arriving backstage.

Again, we shall see.
Devil's Advocate: TSMM doesn't exactly have a ton of theming. The screens are, well, screens. The track is a track. I think it's unlikely that additional ride vehicles would be on site yet (which would be distinctive for TSMM). Is it possible that if something is on site to put into SS1 that it might be for a new ride and it was mistaken to be a TSMM expansion?

Last edited:

Lee

Adventurer
Agreed.

As was discussed in the TSMM Expansion thread, they can't actually increase capacity of TSMM without adding a load/unload zone for any track added. The track could be 500' long or 5,000' long - you're limited by how many vehicles you can LOAD and dispatch into the ride. Adding length to the track, or even adding a third track via another roundtable switch, will not increase capacity.

And as we can see from the plans and aerial shots, they would have to essentially add another complete instance of the ride to make it work. I don't see this happening, at all.
Yep. That.

Tom

Beta Return
It seems like an awful lot of work when something new (or cloned from elsewhere) could just as easily go into that spot, arguably for more bang for your buck. A third track for TSMM isn't truly marketable while a third Soarin theater coupled with an entirely new show is highly marketable.

Right, because a third Soarin would significantly increase capacity, whereas adding a TSMM track would not.

I, personally, would not be opposed to a Pixar themed dark ride going in one of those buildings. As someone said, DHS needs some non-thrill rides. Something indoors, air conditioned, visually appealing and crowd-eating.

PhotoDave219

Right, because a third Soarin would significantly increase capacity, whereas adding a TSMM track would not.

I, personally, would not be opposed to a Pixar themed dark ride going in one of those buildings. As someone said, DHS needs some non-thrill rides. Something indoors, air conditioned, visually appealing and crowd-eating.

Glad someone backs up what my gut is telling me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom