DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

BrerJon

because a lot of us want more than coasters or reskins of old rides which is what most of my experience has been at universal.

its like a step up from great adventure to me.

It's a good thing Disney has built lots of rides that aren't coasters recently, and the next ride to open isn't a reskin of an old ride, or you would be way wrong.

gljvd

If you can't fit on the Hogwarts Express train then you have a serious problem.
I'm not talking about the train , I'm talking about the castle. I can't fit in it . I used to think it was because I was fat but I've lost 50lbs since the ride first opened and still can't fit. My shoulders are still to wide , so unless they changed the carts in the last few months I doubt i can ride it now.

ctxak98

I agree with everything being said about Universal right now. Im going to say this and Disney fanatics are not going to like this but here it is:

......Uni is winning. Winning by a long shot right now. If they keep it up they could be the orlando destination within the next 5-10 years IMO. It saddens me to say this but Disney has not really done much! I mean Uni will have the new kong ride up and running wayyyyy before avatar. By the time avatar even opens to the public, then they will have something else done. Probably something prehistoric if the new movie does as well as projected!

The best we can do is hope that change comes soon for the way WDW is being run. So many attractions need help as well as adding new ones. And no.....covering up maelstrom with frozen palooza- were pretending we're actually Norway ride, does not count as something worth while.

Don't get me wrong a Soarin expansion will be nice as well as toy story mania expansion, but I would much rather have a new ride and additional capacity. Star Wars needs to blow us away, it can't be another repeat of fantasyland expansion with minimal attractions.

Just my two cents

Rutt

And some people on here like to degrade Uni and everything it does.
Which one would somewhat expect on a Disney board.

Regardless, again it's nearly every single thread and nearly every time it's someone starting with the whole 'Uni is better because of' stuff and then it goes on over and over and over.

It's like the annoying boy next door who has to shoot down every accomplishment you make in your life with 'yeah well I did this'.

And then you get the obligatory 'you actually like what disney is doing?' Like that's completely unacceptable.

That may not be you, but read the last few pages if te thread and tell me you don't see a very condescending tone to anyone who posts anything positive.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Which one would somewhat expect on a Disney board.

Regardless, again it's nearly every single thread and nearly every time it's someone starting with the whole 'Uni is better because of' stuff and then it goes on over and over and over.

It's like the annoying boy next door who has to shoot down every accomplishment you make in your life with 'yeah well I did this'.

And then you get the obligatory 'you actually like what disney is doing?' Like that's completely unacceptable.

That may not be you, but read the last few pages if te thread and tell me you don't see a very condescending tone to anyone who posts anything positive.

I see condescending tone in almost every thread on almost every topic. I guess I have gotten used to it.

Rutt

I see condescending tone in almost every thread on almost every topic. I guess I have gotten used to it.
Which is the point I was trying to make I guess. Its really annoying to come to a Disney board and read about Universal all day and how much cooler it apparently is over and over again. Apparently the threads for new improvements at Disney are not for those actually interested in improvements at Disney. Guess I'll see myself out.

Goofyernmost

Which is the point I was trying to make I guess. Its really annoying to come to a Disney board and read about Universal all day and how much cooler it apparently is over and over again. Apparently the threads for new improvements at Disney are not for those actually interested in improvements at Disney. Guess I'll see myself out.
OR you could go and see them for yourself, make your own mind up what you like or don't like, what you think is good or bad about each and do your damnedest to not give a rats butt about what others think. That's what I do!

erasure fan1

The reason is simple, Disney is being out "Disneyed" right now by them. I am not a huge fan of Uni but even I have to admit what they have done is pretty impressive. Disney is still number 1 overall right now but in terms of new headline attractions, Uni has them beat. So therefore they are going to be the basis for comparison and talk until Disney shows us different. Avatar and star wars could be the things that change that perception and swing the pendulum back to Disney, where it should be.

Mike S

The reason is simple, Disney is being out "Disneyed" right now by them. I am not a huge fan of Uni but even I have to admit what they have done is pretty impressive. Disney is still number 1 overall right now but in terms of new headline attractions, Uni has them beat. So therefore they are going to be the basis for comparison and talk until Disney shows us different. Avatar and star wars could be the things that change that perception and swing the pendulum back to Disney, where it should be.
I would prefer the pendulum stayed in the middle and both Disney and Uni gave us great new things. Right now it's pretty much one sided.

Last edited:

Mawg

I would prefer the pendulum stayed in the middle and both Disney and Uni have us great new things. Right now it's pretty much one sided.
I agree healthy competition between these two is good for the consumer (me). Might not be good for the stock holder. But which way is it one sided right now? One sided in that it seems UNI is building more new attractions or one sided that UNI still is not pulling the numbers (attendance) that Disney does. Once UNI can really pull enough attendance from Disney that it hurts them, that's when it gets really good for the consumer. I say build UNI build!

Mike S

I agree healthy competition between these two is good for the consumer (me). Might not be good for the stock holder. But which way is it one sided right now? One sided in that it seems UNI is building more new attractions or one sided that UNI still is not pulling the numbers (attendance) that Disney does. Once UNI can really pull enough attendance from Disney that it hurts them, that's when it gets really good for the consumer. I say build UNI build!
One sided in that Uni is right now building more great new attractions.

wdwfan757

I don't think Uni has any chance whatsoever of passing Disney. Nothing Universal does is actually designed to appeal to kids under 9 years old. The rides Uni builds are mostly desired by teens and young adults. Teens and young adults aren't remotely as likely to spend their money to fly in to Florida for a weekend as families with kids are.. and they have less money in the first place. Disney has always been a "Kiddie" park in the world of theme parks. That's fine because it's the only one (well two) of it's kind in the continental US. Universal's bread and butter is in its simulators and it's IPs. But as a thrill park, it's coasters are completely inferior to cheaper parks that dot the country. The better Universal gets, the more people that will attend both Disney/Universal. It's still good for both of them. As it stands, if i'm craving thrills, i'm much more likely to head to Busch Gardens or Carowinds than to fly all the way to Orlando to go to Universal.

Disney and Universal have two different target audiences, I think. Disney isn't going to compete with thrill-seekers. It never has. You can build as many uber-simulators and coasters as you want, but that doesn't change the fact that kids want princesses and dark rides and tame fun, and once people have kids they aren't likely to go on vacation without them. I know my parents have no desire to get on Hulk Coaster at their age, and when they were young enough to do it, I sure as heck wasn't going to get on it. We all hopped on BTMR a few months ago though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom