DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

PhilharMagician

So disney logic is to add theaters and tracks to existing rides (which are not even particularly awesome rides to begin with) instead of just opening up new rides?

Ok.

TSMM and Soarin' are highly popular which is clearly seen in it's consistently high wait times and the insane running of the bulls at rope drop to get the old paper FP's. I would love to see new rides, but IMHO this is a smart move to add more capacity to such popular rides.

doctornick

Am I the only one doing the math and seeing that late 2016 is just over a year and not the inflated 2 years people are throwing out? A year and a half at most.

Serious question: When did they "start" construction on the third track? I thought it began somewhere in the Sept to Oct 2014 timeframe in Soundstage 1 which would put "late 2016" in the 2 year timeframe. Since the work was being done backstage, it would be difficult to give an exact date without some confirmed inside details.

Regardless, given the nature of this project, it should be more like a 9-12 month build. Even if it is "only" 1.5 years, that's far too long especially given the capacity issues at DHS currently.

DisneyGentleman

Probably not. Disney will bill this as "Come see the all new Pixar place with the expanded Toy story midway mania!!!" Heck, throw in another meet and greet and a nicely themed snack counter and Disney may actually say its Pixarland.
I think it will be more along the lines of "What's the best kept secret in DHS?"

Cesar R M

No need to be insulting. I have seen many more posts saying 2 years than posts saying nearly 2 years.
they say "2 years" because the whole TSMM was pitched and revealed like 6 months ago by our trusted leakers.
So it will be roughly 2 years of total waittime.
waittime that MIGHT extend due of Disney's slowbuilding and cheapness.

PhilharMagician

Am I the only one doing the math and seeing that late 2016 is just over a year and not the inflated 2 years people are throwing out? A year and a half at most.

They closed SS1 Frozen skating extravaganza :banghead: on 09/28/14 and it was mentioned before then in posts here from certain people here that track 3 along with a 3rd Soaring theater was in the works. In early October (the 7th to be exact) WDWMagic news made mention that this was possibly in the works.

So with a timeline October 2014 - late 2016 IMHO is approximately 2 years.

Mike S

Two years turn-around time for an attraction with a known scope, existing designs, sourceable parts, is ridiculous. No wonder Uni is kicking Dis butt. It seems like the only thing Dis can turn around in a reasonable timeframe are rate hikes and perk reductions.

Eisner, please come back.
image.jpg

znelson

NICE! .. and yes.

I was really young during Eisner's reign and I remember him catching a lot of %!^* but I have to say, in retrospect, the guy really made WDW what it is today. The only thing I see Iger doing is raising rates, degrading the experience, and reducing perks.

I'm all for paying for a great experience, but don't expect me to pay more for less. Give me more, and I'll return in-kind by spending more. Experience first, revenue second. We just bought VGF last year so we're in it for the long haul, but I cannot wait to see Iger gone.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Two years turn-around time for an attraction with a known scope, existing designs, sourceable parts, is ridiculous. No wonder Uni is kicking Dis butt. It seems like the only thing Dis can turn around in a reasonable timeframe are rate hikes and perk reductions.

Eisner, please come back.
In what measurable standards (not based on opinion) is Uni "kicking Disneys butt) in?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
View attachment 85751
Whole new E Tickets built in the same time it takes Disney to clone what they've already done in an existing building. Also just consistently building new exciting rides about every 2 years.
Ok. I was thinking more along the lines of bottom line measurements. Crowd level. Profitability. Company health. Etc. but I do see where your point could be considered a measure but does that one thing rise to the level of butt kicking overall?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom