DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

SirLink

This is not how things work. You can't have everything you want it. That's called being selfish. We should just want the parks to be the best they can possibly be.

And it's also laughable you list DAK as the 3+ since there's almost nothing for that age group to do there besides the spinner and seeing the animals.

... and the shows. No it is being called a realist expectation of Disney wanting my and my friends money. If we get free tickets sure we would go, but other than that they need to stop treating the Toddler crowd to be more important than my money.

Next Big Thing

Well the fact people do queue for those and are an attraction in a park? Yes. There are no height requirements for those attractions.

Everything is kids-this kids-that for once I hope the 21+ crowd get something that isn't aimed at kids placed the parks.
I'm all for getting big boy attractions, but out of all the parks, DHS needs them the LEAST right now. Plus, there's the Star Wars expansion coming down the pipe.

Let's just wait and see. @Lee seems pretty optimistic about this, which to me says something big must be on the way.

Next Big Thing

... and the shows. No it is being called a realist expectation of Disney wanting my and my friends money. If we get free tickets sure we would go, but other than that they need to stop treating the Toddler crowd to be more important than my money.
You keep counting the shows, which is great and all since they do count (and the shows at DAK are great), but when people go to a theme park, they sort of expect that everyone will be able to experience most things.

EDIT: Calling DAK the 3+ park is even more funny when you consider that AVATAR had a PG-13 rating.

stevehousse

Although this is far out, although with the construction of DHS it wouldn't so that crazy for them to expand Pixar Place out to Light's motors Action!, Close Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Studio Catering Co. and the extra space according, as well as the space the backlot tour took up. Which coordinates with Pixar Place.
I would have assumed they would just retheme HISTK playground to Bugs Life. Very easy and cheap overlay...
Lets just say Beastly Kingdom is coming but it will be built at Universal not WDW
I thought they already did that land at Universal before Harry came along...that doesn't really make much sense...
No I haven't gone with a child because for one I'm not a parent. Apart from RNRC, ToT and Star Wars ... they have an abundance of things to do.

Well Jim Hill says it is all Bs and Cs coming to the park. Now I'm not one to believe Jim Hill per se, but it sounds delightfully cheap for TWDC. And also inline with the race down to appeal to the Honey Boo Boo Brigade.

2 rides is not a bunch of things to do...why do you think TSMM is the way it is. It is the only kid friendly ride in te entire park. Yes there is GMR, but I wouldn't really call it that kid friendly except for the Wizard of OZ segment...

space42

I'm all for getting big boy attractions, but out of all the parks, DHS needs them the LEAST right now. Plus, there's the Star Wars expansion coming down the pipe.

Let's just wait and see. @Lee seems pretty optimistic about this, which to me says something big must be on the way.

I wanted to add something here.

I've been going to WDW since I was a child in the 70's. As a small child, my favorite attractions were - Pirates, 20K Leagues, Jungle Cruise, Railroad and the Monorail :). These are the types of experiences that Disney should be looking to build. E-Tickets for the entire family. Disney doesn't need kiddie rides or adult rides. This isn't what made me a lifelong fan. If this 'expansion' is really just extended track for TSMM and a Toy Story Carnival land, I'm not so sure how this fixes a very broken park.
The comments from Lee do make me a little excited but I'm tempering my expectations based on the last 15 years of history.

SirLink

You keep counting the shows, which is great and all since they do count (and the shows at DAK are great), but when people go to a theme park, they sort of expect that everyone will be able to experience most things.

EDIT: Calling DAK the 3+ park is even more funny when you consider that AVATAR had a PG-13 rating.

That is where the problem lies.

EDIT: Dammit I meant 13 for DAK.

matt9112

RSR should stay in DCA if only because it's the main draw to that park right now. But if it does come I wouldn't complain. Not saying I believe Jim Hill.

the two resorts don't directly compete with each other, attractions and such may pull some visitors left or right but primarily the customer bases are entirely different.

matt9112

It certainly needs to be flashier than
TSL_Environment-1_0_Original.jpg

And more air-conditioned.

But, surely Disney knows that.

eye sore.....

SirLink

The Star Wars expansion that Jim hill said all that would be coming is shops/dining/spinner .... not that I necessarily believe him but it sounds cheap creatively ... so it is possibly true.

Mike S

I thought they already did that land at Universal before Harry came along...that doesn't really make much sense...
I thought so at first too but it's quite simple. Smaug = Dragon's Tower, more than Dueling Dragons ever did since it could have an actual Dragon in the ride. I could actually get excited for this if it happens even though I'm not really a big LOTR fan like I am with Harry Potter.

Next Big Thing

The Star Wars expansion that Jim hill said all that would be coming is shops/dining/spinner .... not that I necessarily believe him but it sounds cheap creatively ... so it is possibly true.
Again, lets wait and see. You are seemingly berating Disney for rumors created by Jim Hill of all people.

And about your comment about Epcot should be for 18+DHS 13+, etc... that's a recipe to for a business to fail. You want Epcot 18+? Look where that got Pleasure Island. Obviously i'm behind overly emphatic in my example, but i'm just saying. I know it's cheesy to bring Walt up, but his original vision was a park for EVERYONE. Rides like Pirates, Mansion, etc. THAT is what DHS needs. That's what pretty much all of the parks need.

Mawg

No the cheapest place to put it would make that cheap sing along show a permanent fixture in DHS. TWDC is currently aiming at kids first

Now let us look at this beauty of a quote:

I agree with that quote, you cannot target just one demographic, you have to include the whole family. Isn't there a place that just targets adults already. Las Vegas....Oh I see, you would like to see Disney World turned into Las Vegas.

SirLink

I agree with that quote, you cannot target just one demographic, you have to include the whole family. Isn't there a place that just targets adults already. Las Vegas....Oh I see, you would like to see Disney World turned into Las Vegas.

SMH. What nonsense.

SirLink

Again, lets wait and see. You are seemingly berating Disney for rumors created by Jim Hill of all people.

And about your comment about Epcot should be for 18+DHS 13+, etc... that's a recipe to for a business to fail. You want Epcot 18+? Look where that got Pleasure Island. Obviously i'm behind overly emphatic in my example, but i'm just saying. I know it's cheesy to bring Walt up, but his original vision was a park for EVERYONE. Rides like Pirates, Mansion, etc. THAT is what DHS needs. That's what pretty much all of the parks need.

Maybe the age range thing is wrong, but I hate those parents who hate learning on holiday, I hate parents who put there kids in the strollers when they are past the age of 5. Plus by appealing to the toddler brigade it ends up dumbing down everyone's experience. I.e. Removal of Alien Encounter.

N.B. Pleasure Island was perfect when gated it was when they removed the gates the problem started.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I find it funny that when a Jim Hill rumor is about something positive coming to WDW he is ridiculed and dismissed, but when his rumor is slanted negative he is suddenly all knowing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
SMH. What nonsense.

Turning WDW into Las Vegas is nonsense, but Vegas is pretty much exclusively adult. I've been there many times and I've never seen a stroller. The hotels and entertainment are geared entirely towards adults. It's a fantastic place. I've heard it referred to as Disney World for adults.

MerlinTheGoat

Disregarding whether Jim Hill is generally accurate or not, to be fair we have come to expect Disney to take the cheap way out of anything regarding WDW. Disneyland has been lucky to have certain powerful individuals who care for the place and take an active role in its protection and quality growth (John Lasseter for instance). And of course the foreign resorts are largely to entirely owned by non-Disney companies. WDW hasn't had the same benefits.

They've given us no reason to be optimistic for whatever they've got planned for DHS, even when we know pretty much nothing about the plans. An extra track for Toy Story Mania along with some carnival type rides and spinners plus some restaurants sounds very much within the realm of plausibility (likely even). I'm not getting any hopes up for much more until I see it. And the way they mismanage money, even if they're in a "spending mood" it's not a good reason to assume that the money will go towards a quality product. It generally takes Disney several times as much cash to build something than it should cost.

The only good news in all of this is that unless they end up removing the Great Movie Ride or Tower of Terror, there's not really a lot to mess up in the first place. Again i'm praying rather nervously that those rides (and the Osborne Lights, though i'd accept the area's loss if they moved the lights to another location) don't get cut in the plans. But the rest of the park probably isn't going to be missed as much.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom