DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Mike S

Looking around Diagon Alley, and the Hogwarts Express station, there's no hope of Disney getting anywhere near to that level of scale and detail. Disney is quite good at small things, at little props and mini-projects, but they struggle with anything truly epic, yet that is the bar Uni have set for them.
My post was focused on the rides themselves but you are exactly right. Universal has set the bar for themed lands in Orlando. The same bar set by Disney in other parts of the world but is too cheap to do in the states except when pushed hard by someone high up and basically forced :banghead:

BrerJon

Maybe not a Wall-E ride, but a replacement for the Circle of Life movie in The Land. It is pretty old. I'd like to see the Wall-E living character roaming Pixar Place though. People would go crazy for him plus he's already built so all they have to do is ship him to DHS and maintain him.

I think the days of a plain theater being an attraction are over. Symbiosis / Circle of Life were good films for it, but this is one occasion where another refresh is overdue, possibly with some kind of animatronic or in-theater effects to liven things up. Rename it back to Symbiosis, make a new film and add a couple of props, then that attraction's problems are solved.

BrerJon

Because it's so popular. From what I recall hearing from my tour guide, the pavilion was designed to have a flow to the right, so that everyone would walk by whatever attraction was there at the time first. But when Soarin' opened, people makes a bee-line for that, so people might not even see that Circle of Life exists.

It used to be you would walk in and have a choice between Symbiosis on the top level, or Kitchen Kabaret or Food Rocks on the lower level, so it was a more even choice between three attractions instead of everyone making a beeline for a headliner.

BrerJon

Ride and Go Seek reminds me of MIB but it would need bigger vehicles if it was added to DHS or else it would have the same capacity issues as Toy Story.

This is a good point actually. In Tokyo it always has enormous waits that make DHS's Toy Story Mania look like a walk-on. TDL has no shortage of family rides, but MIRAGS is so popular that people are happy to do so.

If it's bad in a park with plenty for kids to do, I can't see it ever getting less than 2 or 3 hour waits if they built it in Orlando, so they might avoid it because it would be too popular (and I mean real life popular, not just Disney surveys and spreadsheets popular).

BrerJon

Remember how much they dragged out FLE? The flying dragon thing? The websites with hints and suggestions? Slowly releasing concept art? They love teasing us. If they spend this kind of money they want the most press for it possible.

I'd forgotten about that dragon. For a company so tight about spending money on good stuff, they sure do love flushing it down the toilet on pointless publicity stunts.

SirLink

I disagree with this. Each park needs to be able to appeal to all demographics, the whole family to be a success. And, this line of thinking is not why we are getting Frozen crap in Norway. We are getting frozen crap in Norway because it is the cheapest place to put it. World Showcase does not have to be just for adults and shouldn't be but it does have to represent real locations/countries and stick to its theme of World Showcase and not Fictional Land Showcase.

No the cheapest place to put it would make that cheap sing along show a permanent fixture in DHS. TWDC is currently aiming at kids first

Now let us look at this beauty of a quote:

Walt Disney said:
You're dead if you aim only for kids.

Next Big Thing

Nah sorry, no Toons for Epcot is a big sticking point with me. Similary if all Disney is doing to DHS is building Bs and Cs and even contemplate building TS Playland. That is the end of me going to Disney Parks on the East Coast of the US.
You sound like a child that isn't getting his way.

SirLink

You sound like a child that isn't getting his way.

Well seen as the last E-ticket to drop in Florida was EE in DAK, the four parks need E's to get the growth they seek. Hardly being childish but the priority for Disney is messed up, especially when the competition is adding Es at a pace.

Wesleyjohn

So after 40 pages, if im correct, We believe that a third track(likely) is coming and POSSIBLY much more per Lee. Seems like a waste of 37 pages. Call me when someone knows whats going on. Gee wiz

Next Big Thing

Well seen as the last E-ticket to drop in Florida was EE in DAK, the four parks need E's to get the growth they seek. Hardly being childish but the priority for Disney is messed up, especially when the competition is adding Es at a pace.
DHS getting TS Playland (or something comparable) is NEEDED. Have you been to the park lately with a child? There's almost nothing for them to do.

Besides, TS Playland is rumored to only be a piece of the puzzle. Let's just let things happen before saying we're never going back to WDW.

SirLink

DHS getting TS Playland (or something comparable) is NEEDED. Have you been to the park lately with a child? There's almost nothing for them to do.

Besides, TS Playland is rumored to only be a piece of the puzzle. Let's just let things happen before saying we're never going back to WDW.

No I haven't gone with a child because for one I'm not a parent. Apart from RNRC, ToT and Star Wars ... they have an abundance of things to do.

Well Jim Hill says it is all Bs and Cs coming to the park. Now I'm not one to believe Jim Hill per se, but it sounds delightfully cheap for TWDC. And also inline with the race down to appeal to the Honey Boo Boo Brigade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom