DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

jt04

No.

This isn't new info. It was mentioned for years as plans/proposals from the same people you needlessly tried to discredit at every turn until it serves your purpose through your years of being wrong, continuously and humerously. I can say it's going to rain. Three weeks later it rains. It doesn't make me a weather man.

Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

flyerjab

See: Land, Cars or Sea, Disney

I would like to add the sections of Africa, Asia and the Oasis in DAK, as well as the 7DMT and the BatB sections of NFL. I think that the theming in those areas are top notch IMHO. I know that is debatable, but to each his/her own. And I am also anticipating that the oft derided Avatar: The World of Pandora will be a truly amazing and uniquely-themed land - meaning, a one-of-a-kind experience if they shoot for the scenery in the movie.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It is not, i'm serious. I remember WDW1974 confirming Frozen was taking over Maelstrom back in May. And I also remember Lee discussing the Mine Train well before it was announced. I don't know if they were the first to break the news, but I doubt it was Jim Hill.

The first Frozen replacing Maelstrom thread on here was started in reference to a Jim Hill rumor and that was back in January. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/frozen-ride-replacing-maelstrom.878451/

WDW1974 confirmed it in May when he started his 7th Spirited thread(over 1m views now!!!). Not sure if he also mentioned it earlier than that. Ironically, if you go back to the Frozen/Maelstrom thread from January some people doubted the rumor because it came from Jim Hill and @RSoxNo1 was defending him. Sounds familiar;)

RSoxNo1

It is not, i'm serious. I remember WDW1974 confirming Frozen was taking over Maelstrom back in May. And I also remember Lee discussing the Mine Train well before it was announced. I don't know if they were the first to break the news, but I doubt it was Jim Hill.
@lentesta put it out there that Jim told him about the Frozen makeover in October, he then mentioned it in December on their show.

For the Mine Train, Jim mentioned it to me and my co-hosts on my old podcast outside of the show construct and off the record, I remember going out to Lee privately who said he had not heard anything related to it. There were rumblings for a while before it was officially announced by Disney.

Jim is well connected, I think where he gets in trouble is making leaps. Listening to his latest show, it sounds like his guesses on attractions were well informed guesses, but not definitively what is going into DHS. That's just my interpretation of it.

SJN1279

Jim Hill broke Frozen back in January. Do a google search and you will see it.

MerlinTheGoat

The May thread from '74 was the first I recall hearing about Frozen for Norway. I did hear some people discussing how it might be a typical move Disney would make (like Ratatouille in France being another rumor I think was being passed around at the time), but I didn't realize it was a serious rumor before 74 posted about it.

Again, not really what he said. As far as I know there has always been an E-ticket component to a Star Wars land.
Depends on what they consider warrants the classification for an E ticket. In the leaked blueprints for Avatar, the main E ticket attraction is a Soarin like simulator. I feel the qualification for what constitutes an E ticket has been dumbed down drastically when a simulator is considered an E ticket. When I think of an E ticket, I think of Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, etc. Even if it's labeled an E ticket on whatever plans they have, if their answer to DHS' problems are more simulators and spinners (or even screen-only rides) then i'm out.

You do realize anyone can just bring up the links to back this up? It's absurd and foolish even for you to conveniently forget that we've known a DHS rennovation has been discussed for years now.

In the meantime, you've been claiming you've been seeing a pendulum for years now. Everyone knew that they couldn't continue to ignore DHS' sad state, it was only a matter of time. YOUR timing was way off. To bring in another clock analogy, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Though you're considered less accurate even than that.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

@flyerjab

I haven't even been here for as long as some others on this forum, but Jim Hill is rather notorious for throwing out either outright incorrect info or repeating existing info as if he's the one who broke the news. I can see why people are wary of his info.

And a couple of years ago he made a long article (basically just an angry rant in disguise) attacking people who were critical of Disney World. To many respectable members here it came across as little more than a sneaky attempt to spit on many on this site in unison without naming specific names or actually facing people he was complaining about. There was a topic about it, as you can guess a lot of people weren't thrilled with the way he belittled and subtly insulted people who aren't blind loyalists to Disney. It was locked, but it's still viewable.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-world-vs-disney-land-jim-hills-thoughts.848647/
I remember this article, and I remember vehemently disagreeing with Jim on this. He got killed on this site.

RSoxNo1

I'm talking about Len not Jim.

And a better analogy would be when Dan Rather was the first report officially that Pres. Kennedy had died. Much better analogy.

Jim is a good historian and he has good sources for Disneyland. The world? Not in the past 10 years that I've been around this park.
I would argue that Jim's Disney World sources are better than his Disneyland sources. At worst, I would say he has been top 3 for Disney World insiders.

MerlinTheGoat

I remember this article, and I remember vehemently disagreeing with Jim on this. He got killed on this site.
He was also invited over to this site by unkadug I believe to defend his words in person, wherein he promply refused and went on a rather nasty tirade against WDW1974 (also can be found in that thread). He even requested that 74 be banned from this forum, as a trade for him joining and posting. He pretty much instigated all the negativity he got, regardless of his validity as a WDW rumor source.

PhotoDave219

I would argue that Jim's Disney World sources are better than his Disneyland sources. At worst, I would say he has been top 3 for Disney World insiders.

Well Tim, I really don't want to argue with you. Not over something as lame as Jim Hill. We are going to disagree here.

That being said, I wonder exactly how long it's going to take Disney to start doing any expansion work here at studios.

PhotoDave219

He was also invited over to this site by unkadug I believe to defend his words in person, wherein he promply refused and went on a rather nasty tirade against WDW1974. Even making a request that 74 be banned from this forum in exchange for him joining and posting. He pretty much instigated all the negativity he got, regardless of his validity as a WDW rumor source.

He seriously did that? It's awful.

RSoxNo1

Well Tim, I really don't want to argue with you. Not over something as lame as Jim Hill. We are going to disagree here.

That being said, I wonder exactly how long it's going to take Disney to start doing any expansion work here at studios.
Given that stuff is closing, I would think it could start pretty soon. Land clearing almost immediately with construction beginning in January?

jt04

The May thread from '74 was the first I recall hearing about Frozen for Norway. I did hear some people discussing how it might be a move Disney would make, but I didn't realize it was a serious rumor beforehand.

Depends on what they consider warrants the classification for an E ticket. In the leaked blueprints for Avatar, the main E ticket attraction is a Soarin like simulator. I feel the qualification for what constitutes an E ticket has been dumbed down drastically when a simulator is considered an E ticket. When I think of an E ticket, I think of Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, etc. Even if it's labeled an E ticket on whatever plans they have, if their answer to DHS' problems are more simulators and spinners (or even screen-only rides) then i'm out.

You do realize anyone can just bring up the links to back this up? It's absurd and foolish even for you to conveniently forget that we've known a DHS rennovation has been discussed for years now.

In the meantime, you've been claiming you've been seeing a pendulum for years now. Everyone knew that they couldn't continue to ignore DHS' sad state, it was only a matter of time. YOUR timing was way off. To bring in another clock analogy, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Though you're considered less accurate even than that.

If this was true why were so many insisting TDO had basically decided the status quo was fine and they no longer needed to add significantly to the parks? We were told we might get cheap overlays, clones, and a few new meet and greets. Basically filler so the mouse could claim new content was being added. All that was 100% wrong. And I always said it was.

What I said specifically was that the mouse had learned from past mistakes to not to be so reactionary every time someone at Uni sneezes. Now Disney sees what Uni has done and is responding. There are no other major projects competing for WDI's attention so focus can now turn to WDW. The creative resources are now available and so that is what is happening.

All the chicken little, "the sky is falling", WDW is getting bought out, TDO is blind talk, now seems not only incorrect, but rather silly.

IMO.

El Grupo

Since there were previously plans in the works for an Incredibles attraction at DCA, I do wish Disney would incorporate some variation of these into a Pixar expansion at DHS.

Certainly would be nice to see them getting out ahead of an upcoming release.

RSoxNo1

He was also invited over to this site by unkadug I believe to defend his words in person, wherein he promply refused and went on a rather nasty tirade against WDW1974 (also can be found in that thread). He even requested that 74 be banned from this forum, as a trade for him joining and posting. He pretty much instigated all the negativity he got, regardless of his validity as a WDW rumor source.
Here's that back and forth, on Jim's site:
unkadug
6 Sep 2012 9:24 PM
Hey Jim, Why not pop over to WDWMagic and have a "Spirited" discussion about this article?

EDITOR'S NOTE: Sorry, but no, Unkadug. From what I saw earlier this evening, they've already boiling the tar & plucking the feathers for me over at WDWMagic.

Someday I might be willing to come on by and then try to have an adult conversation with the folks there about this rather complex issue. But given that I've already been called fat, pathetic, an online and a sell-out by WDW1974 at that site ... Well, what's the point of going on over to the WDWMagic discussion boards when I'd then just be forced to get down in the mud with someone like that? A person who seems to take such obvious pleasure in smearing other people's reputation but then isn't brave enough to actually back up what he says/writes by posting any of those deliberately inflammatory comments under his real name?

More to the point, I have a rather complex history when it comes to WDWMagic. You see, JHM used to have this webmaster, Cory Mitchell, who delighted in regularly going over to that website and then deliberately stirring up trouble. Cory would go out of his way to off the people who posted on the WDWMagic discussion boards, all the while talking up the fact that he was JHM's webmaster.

Mind you, I didn't condone or encourage Mr. Mitchell's bad behavior. But I have certainly paid for it on WDWMagic's discussion boards ever since then. So even though Cory hasn't worked for JHM for over eight years now, there are still people who post at that website who even today hold a grudge when it comes to myself or JimHillMedia. Which is why -- on WDWMagic -- I have been accused of everything short of kidnapping the Lindbergh baby.

Look. I get it. When you run a website, that then makes you a public figure. Which means that you have to develop a very thick skin. Which is why you then have to learn to let insults slide off your back.

But on the other hand, just because you run a website doesn't mean that you then have an obligation to deliberately put yourself in harm's way. Enter into situations where you know that people -- particularly posters who won't ever use their real names -- are then going to go out of their way to attack & insult you.

Unkadug, it's not like I have to have my butt kissed / have to be promised to be treated with kid gloves before I'll then agree to go on someone else's website or take part in someone else's podcast. Just ask the WDWFanboys. I'm on their podcast every couple of months. And I can promise you that Brett, Tim and Paul never treat me with anything even approaching respect. That's honestly half the fun of going on their podcast. The challenging questions they toss my ways, the way that the WDWFanboys will deliberately cut me off in mid-sentence if they think my answer is getting too long or is just too boring.

But honestly, life is just too short to deal with people like WDW1974. Who -- while they may offer great insights / have terrific inside information about the way The Walt Disney Company actually operates -- use the anonymity of the Web as an excuse to personally attack those that they don't know & have never met with an excessive amount of venom.

So if you want to put WDW1974 on a short leash and/or insist that this guy start posting all of his over-the-top, unnecessarily nasty comments about me & the stuff that I write under his real name ... THEN I might consider coming on by WDWMagic's discussion boards and having a chat with all of the nice folks over there. But given how WDW1974 seems to bully & bait all those who dare to disagree with him ... Somehow I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

Thanks for the invite, though ...

flynnibus

Premium Member
They are excellent themed experiences. I went to Sci Fi recently and the food has improved significantly. Brown Derby is also quality food, but IMO not priced appropriately. Primetime is unfortunately mediocre food and the atmosphere doesn't offset it.

Well.. your preferences aside... DHS does offer unique Dining Experiences.. several which are unique even in the entire Disney-universe.. so I wouldn't be suprised when someone mentions them as reasons to appreciate DHS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom