DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
They don't have to go to the state, Disney files and manages all of there own permits, through Reedy Creek.

This is incorrect. Permits and notices of commencement have to be filed with Orange County so they become public records. If the project is going to disrupt storm water control in any way they also have to submit permits to the South Florida Water Management District which is a state level agency and again are public records.

boufa

No I haven't gone with a child because for one I'm not a parent. Apart from RNRC, ToT and Star Wars ... they have an abundance of things to do.

Well Jim Hill says it is all Bs and Cs coming to the park. Now I'm not one to believe Jim Hill per se, but it sounds delightfully cheap for TWDC. And also inline with the race down to appeal to the Honey Boo Boo Brigade.

I was there this week with my 8 year old and my 11. There is very little to do. Sorry, those are facts, at least for me. Too small for tot and rnrc, star wars and toy Story are good... But how can you say there is plenty to do and then say that they need to keep up with universal. Universal is rides, action, involvement. Not 2 rides and 4 shows. dhs is off of my travel plans for a while. Might even to the unthinkable and consider an off property day next trip instead of going there.

SirLink

I was there this week with my 8 year old and my 11. There is very little to do. Sorry, those are facts, at least for me. Too small for tot and rnrc, star wars and toy Story are good... But how can you say there is plenty to do and then say that they need to keep up with universal. Universal is rides, action, involvement. Not 2 rides and 4 shows. dhs is off of my travel plans for a while. Might even to the unthinkable and consider an off property day next trip instead of going there.

Places you could have taken them: IJESS, GMR, TSMM, TLMS, BATBS, LMA, BLT(up to today) so 3 rides and 4 shows. 7 things for a kid to do in a day.

I said there is plenty for kids to do and the next attraction to be built in DHS should be an E-ticket level type attraction with emphasis at being aimed at adults first.

boufa

Yep, and I said 2 rides and 4 shows... We were pretty close in our lists. And I am glad you said it should be an adult e ticket. I don't know what it will be, but my opinion is that something along the thrill level of 7 dwarfs mine train would be a perfect level. It's got thrills and is very good for nearly all levels. I was very pleasantly suprised.

Next Big Thing

No I haven't gone with a child because for one I'm not a parent. Apart from RNRC, ToT and Star Wars ... they have an abundance of things to do.

Well Jim Hill says it is all Bs and Cs coming to the park. Now I'm not one to believe Jim Hill per se, but it sounds delightfully cheap for TWDC. And also inline with the race down to appeal to the Honey Boo Boo Brigade.
How can you say they have an abundance to do when there's literally only 2 rides in the entire park without a height requirement?

I understand there are plenty of shows, the animation courtyard/Disney Junior, but really you can't say with a straight face that, in any capacity (not even just talking for children) there's an abundance of things to do.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The same Harry Potter that has disappointed Universal executives this summer? It would be ironic if the boy wizard really was the motivating factor behind growth at WDW while he is the reason Universal is scaling back on some future projects.

It has been reported the disappointment was due to way to unrealistic high estimates, then to actual bad performance of the land.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

Your 8 and 11 yo are too small for TOT but big enough for Star Wars? you know they are the same height limit 40 inches?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'd like to see it go in where Muppets is and Muppets go in Imagination.

That was just a mind blown... Why the heck did we get Dr. Doopy when we could've had an entire pavilion theme to the Muppet labs!! That would have been amazing!! O_O

Although.. I would still want to see Dreamfinder and Figment with their own pavilion as well.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It has been reported the disappointment was due to way to unrealistic high estimates, then to actual bad performance of the land.
And Universal isn't scaling back much of anything....
Yep, based on executive's unrealistic expectations. I'm no insider and have no information myself on any cutbacks. I was talking about the comments made by 74 in the Spirited thread:
Budget has already been slashed ... yes, slashed on one major project (not the monkey ride). And others are in jeopardy due to ignorant UNI execs who thought that Potter 2.0 would be an immediate 1.0 meteoric rise in numbers.

Which it hasn't been, despite setting records for the park this summer.

Sometimes I do wonder if any execs have any common sense the way that organizations are being run.

I'm not commenting on the quality of any of the Potter attractions. I just think it would be pretty ironic if Disney executives were motivated to expand based on Universal adding more Harry Potter but Universal executives were reacting the exact opposite way.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Your 8 and 11 yo are too small for TOT but big enough for Star Wars? you know they are the same height limit 40 inches?

My son was tall enough to meet the height restriction for RNRC but we still felt he wasn't ready for an inverted roller coaster. I think maybe when the other poster said too small they didn't mean literally too small (as in height restriction).

SirLink

How can you say they have an abundance to do when there's literally only 2 rides in the entire park without a height requirement?

I understand there are plenty of shows, the animation courtyard/Disney Junior, but really you can't say with a straight face that, in any capacity (not even just talking for children) there's an abundance of things to do.

Well the fact people do queue for those and are an attraction in a park? Yes. There are no height requirements for those attractions.

Everything is kids-this kids-that for once I hope the 21+ crowd get something that isn't aimed at kids placed the parks.

Next Big Thing

So ... still was a terrible mistake to put Toons in Epcot. Let us have Epcot be the 18+, DHS be the 13+, MK be 7+ and DAK be for 3+.
This is not how things work. You can't have everything you want it. That's called being selfish. We should just want the parks to be the best they can possibly be.

And it's also laughable you list DAK as the 3+ since there's almost nothing for that age group to do there besides the spinner and seeing the animals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom