DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

MagicHappens1971

My hope: use the space for Monster's Inc Door Coaster. Bring Bug's life playland from California for the kiddies and incorporate the HISTK playset. Then we'd have Toy Story, Monster's Inc, and Bug's Life represented in Pixar Place. We'd be all set for phase II: Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Cozy Cone Snacks, Flo's Diner, and an original Cars dark ride that borrows from Cali but still unique to this coast. Then you have a well-rounded Pixar place and can add Star Wars. Imagine the merchandise they could sell. Gives a new meaning to Stars and Cars parade now!!!!!!!!

This is one of the best ideas i've ever read on the fourms.

MagicHappens1971

The walkway between TSMM and the back of the Great Movie Ride is already congested. Adding another popular ride could make it worse. Hope they consider it when planning.

Yes, me too. I think they will close Animation Courtyard soon, and expand pixar place out to the begging of Animation Courtyard and they'll probably move Disney Junior, because they won't get rid of that. Or at least this is what I want.

MagicHappens1971

Well if we're getting a Pixar Place expansion, I'd say there's a few priorities:
  1. Another all-ages dark ride (with room for another later on) - Monsters, Inc the most likely (close Laugh Floor if this happens)
  2. Renovation of the HITSK play area into something Pixar. Theme it to Bug's Life and put a flat or two in there (balloon race and revamped bumper cars). You could also do Up or even Good Dinosaur.
  3. An actual E-ticket: TSMM is a C-ticket, give The Incredibles a state of the art E ticket for the more adventurous Pixar fans.
  4. Some kind of show to eat crowds - retheming LMA to Cars 2 might work
I'd love a incredibles ride, but something more interactive like... A choose your ride sorta thing, like throughout the ride you get to decide how to continue the story or something. But I'd love a simulator one too, one thing that Universal has over Disney, Spiderman and Transformers are amazing.

wdwfan4ver

Although this is far out, although with the construction of DHS it wouldn't so that crazy for them to expand Pixar Place out to Light's motors Action!, Close Honey I Shrunk The Kids, Studio Catering Co. and the extra space according, as well as the space the backlot tour took up. Which coordinates with Pixar Place.
It isn't that far out to expand Pixar Place with locations you mentioned. I can tell you that Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Studio Catering Co., and High Octane Refreshments was rumored to be closing by a Disney site that isn't Wdwmagic back on September 19th.

I did a map check, It actually would make sense to to close Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Studio Catering Co, and High Octane Refreshments since they are close to the Backlot Tour. I don't know much of that stuff Disney is waiting to close after LMA or before LMA if the other site is true.

BrerJon

I still wonder why Disney Parks group does not try to make each park different and special.

Because 'One Disney'.

You know how Disney execs love their analyst surveys - at some point it was decided that having lots of clone rides in the parks didn't matter because all that did was keep people going to the nearest park to them instead of another one, which helps those parks, and draws in more locals too.

One Disney was designed to be a rising tide that lifted all boats, but at times it has felt more like a cannonball trying to sink the lot.

Captain Neo

Yeah I really need to watch. This all seems too perfect.

Just for kicks here's what DCA did in 5 years.

October 2007 - Announcement of plan

2008 - Toy Story Midway Mania, Mickey Fun Wheel theme replaces Sun Wheel, Blue Sky Cellar replaces Seasons of the Vine Theater

2010 - Buena Vista Street/Cars Land construction begins, new name (drops the "Park" and possessive), World of Color, Maliboomer closes, Silly Symphony Swings replaces Orange Stinger.

2011 - The Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure, Goofy's Sky School replaces Mulholland Madness, demo of monorail golden gate bridge, new entrance gates open (just like DHS), California Zephyr removed.

June 2012 - Carsland and Buena Vista Street open.

$1.1 Billion dollars did all that. .

Incorrect. Toy Story Midway Mania and World of Color had separate budgets and were already green lit prior to the 1.1 billion renovation. The Billion dollars was solely for Cars Land, Buena Vista Street, Little Mermaid ride, and the small re-theming packages they did for Paradise Pier and the other lands.

MagicHappens1971

It isn't that far out to expand Pixar Place with locations you mentioned. I can tell you that Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Studio Catering Co., and High Octane Refreshments was rumored to be closing by a Disney site that isn't Wdwmagic back on September 19th.

I did a map check, It actually would make sense to to close Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Studio Catering Co, and High Octane Refreshments since they are close to the Backlot Tour. I don't know much of that stuff Disney is waiting to close after LMA or before LMA if the other site is true.

Thanks! It would make sense I was trying to vision it in my head I was just there yesterday. And I was planning out what they should do.

BrerJon

Only up to page seven and apologies if it's been mentioned but...how lame is the DCA monsters inc ride mike and sulley to the rescue compared to ride and go seek at Tokyo disneyland?

The difference is night and day. Both are basic dark rides, but one feels like it could be in a 1960s carnival, the other feels like a 21st century ride.

Incidentally, Tokyo DisneySea just got a new Festival of the Lion King quality show today for the Little Mermaid theater... for them it's just a nice extra to casually add, for WDW, a show like that would be billed as a new E-ticket.

MagicHappens1971

The only thing about HISTK playground is although it doesn't take up much space it's just sorta shoved in there. Ya know what I mean? They should close a piece of the studio backlot co. To expand a little of HISTK if it was to be rethemed.

MagicHappens1971

One of the motivating factors of all this spending is because internally Disney is very concerned with Universal's cash cow (Wizarding World of harry Potter) and Comcast's aggressive expansion of the orlando property.
Oh I get what you're saying, by 2017 disney will have universal wishing they never expanded Harry Potter. Because disney will be making so much money. Or it could end up the sad trail and disney spends more money then they have... Wait what was I saying?

Mike S

One of the motivating factors of all this spending is because internally Disney is very concerned with Universal's cash cow (Wizarding World of harry Potter) and Comcast's aggressive expansion of the orlando property.
We better get at least one ride on the level of what Universal did with Harry Potter in this whole DHS redo. In an ideal expansion we would get two (one Pixar, one Star Wars) to make up for all the years of neglect and no real major attractions since Everest, but I could live with one. Especially since it'll most likely be Star Wars.

Captain Neo

Oh I get what you're saying, by 2017 disney will have universal wishing they never expanded Harry Potter. Because disney will be making so much money. Or it could end up the sad trail and disney spends more money then they have... Wait what was I saying?

Also, Universal has something else coming that Disney KNOWS about and is very concerned (not talking about King Kong) will eat another big chunk of revenue.

BrerJon

Honestly a Pleasure Island mini-land (with Pinocchio E ticket) and an actual, expanded Casey Jr. ride would really have negated comments on Storybook Circus being cheap.

Holy moly can you imagine the coronaries in the Disney fan community if they'd had the balls to name a new MK land 'Pleasure Island', several years after closing the Downtown Disney area of that name?

BrerJon

We better get at least one ride on the level of what Universal did with Harry Potter in this whole DHS redo. In an ideal expansion we would get two (one Pixar, one Star Wars) to make up for all the years of neglect and no real major attractions since Everest, but I could live with one. Especially since it'll most likely be Star Wars.

Looking around Diagon Alley, and the Hogwarts Express station, there's no hope of Disney getting anywhere near to that level of scale and detail. Disney is quite good at small things, at little props and mini-projects, but they struggle with anything truly epic, yet that is the bar Uni have set for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom