DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

jt04

Uncharacteristically so. Anyone know what's driving it?

Simply the WDW business cycle at work. Somewhat delayed by the prolonged recession and Shanghai project.

Infrastructure is largely repaired so now they seem to be turning to the on-stage aspects of WDW.

Exactly as it has always happened and always will.

It does not hurt that Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm are franchises that print money.

Iger is brilliant. I even read an article that he could run BH someday.

PrincessNelly_NJ

This. I can see this happening 100%. Personally, I'd love to see them bring RSR to HS and for those who say it's just like Test Track, well, they are sadly mistaken. It has much more story and heart than the new TT. I think it would be a huge plus for the studios and be a major E-ticket.

I really would just love to see better dining at HS. And Mater's =) I love that ride.

Still pulling for the door coaster, though.
It is like Test track. Ride system wise, not concept or story. I would rather see a ground breaking new land then a watered down or recycled rides system. HS needs something special, imo.

However, I wouldn't be sad to see Indiana Jones come to WDW. :D LOL
I'm such a hypocrite! lol :hilarious:

Mike S

Honestly a Pleasure Island mini-land (with Pinocchio E ticket) and an actual, expanded Casey Jr. ride would really have negated comments on Storybook Circus being cheap.

But then the Speedway would look that much worse with an immersive area right next to it.
Perfect replacement for the circus tents right there.

PrincessNelly_NJ

The Incredibles could be made into a great E Ticket. No need to clone Crush's Coaster. I feel Finding Nemo, like A Bug's Life and maybe The Good Dinosaur in the future, is a good fit in Animal Kingdom.
I hope they start tapping other Pixar films for rides.
I wish they had kept finding Nemo in AK and that the monster's inc laugh floor would be better in HS.
I would have like to see a Wall-e ride in Epcot though. Seems like the perfect place for it.

Mike S

I hope they start tapping other Pixar films for rides.
I wish they had kept finding Nemo in AK and that the monster's inc laugh floor would be better in HS.
I would have like to see a Wall-e ride in Epcot though. Seems like the perfect place for it.
Maybe not a Wall-E ride, but a replacement for the Circle of Life movie in The Land. It is pretty old. I'd like to see the Wall-E living character roaming Pixar Place though. People would go crazy for him plus he's already built so all they have to do is ship him to DHS and maintain him.

SirLink

Maybe not a Wall-E ride, but a replacement for the Circle of Life movie in The Land. It is pretty old. I'd like to see the Wall-E living character roaming Pixar Place though. People would go crazy for him plus he's already built so all they have to do is ship him to DHS and maintain him.

No more Toons in Epcot if we can keep all Pixar stuff to the back section of DHSMKII-MEH-PARK the better.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I know I'll be in the minority on this but I would much rather they add Crush's Coaster from DLP than copy Cars Land.

I enjoyed Cars Land and RSR was a great ride but I want each coast to have things that are special and not be copies of each other. Let Cars Land be the draw for DCA and get MGM something of its own.
Crush's coaster is a great ride, and I agree that it would be a great addition. I don't think it'll happen for two reasons. First, it puts Nemo in three parks, which is just unnecessary. And second, it has a very low capacity. To get a reasonable throughput, you'd have to put in two tracks, which will take up too much room.

Mike S

No more Toons in Epcot if we can keep all Pixar stuff to the back section of DHSMKII-MEH-PARK the better.
Imo a simple movie featuring the characters talking about the environment like they already have with the Lion King one wouldn't be that bad. A movie could very easily be changed out unlike a ride.

Last edited:

SirLink

Imo a simple movie featuring the characters talking about the environment like they already have with the Lion King one wouldn't be that bad. A movie could very easily be changed out unlike a ride.

Nah sorry, no Toons for Epcot is a big sticking point with me. Similary if all Disney is doing to DHS is building Bs and Cs and even contemplate building TS Playland. That is the end of me going to Disney Parks on the East Coast of the US.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
It COULD be easily changed out, but Disney has not shown any actual willingness to do so. Of all the attractions in the parks that lend themselves to frequent small tweaks/updates, we only see them for Tower of Terror (new/random drop sequences), Disney Junior (new shows swapped in every couple years), and Kilamanjaro Safaris (The Animals -- They move!).

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Nah sorry, no Toons for Epcot is a big sticking point with me. Similary if all Disney is doing to DHS is building Bs and Cs and even contemplate building TS Playland. That is the end of me going to Disney Parks on the East Coast of the US.
I think you're done, then. I think that if DHS is getting new stuff, a handful of kiddie/family B and Cs are a given. Maybe Toy Story Playland, maybe Flik's Fun Fair, maybe Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, but some of them for sure. I don't think that'll be all that gets added, but I bet it'll be first! DHS actually needs those kinds of rides to help round out it's appeal. It needs other things as well, of course, but that hole can be filled quickly and cheaply, so I'm guessing it gets filled first.

HolleBolleGijs

Just throwing this out there, The Lion King has had a presence in Epcot since 1995, albeit a small one. I've never heard anyone say a word against that.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Radio was interesting on the way to work this morning. They were discussing the new season of shows inbound and a couple callers commented on not even wanting to watch OUaT after being loyal to it since the beginning. Each of their reasons were "tired of frozen" which sparked a discussion with the 6+ hosts. All of them even said it was time to "let it go and move on from it because people are burnt out on it." It started my day off just right!

PrincessNelly_NJ

Radio was interesting on the way to work this morning. They were discussing the new season of shows inbound and a couple callers commented on not even wanting to watch OUaT after being loyal to it since the beginning. Each of their reasons were "tired of frozen" which sparked a discussion with the 6+ hosts. All of them even said it was time to "let it go and move on from it because people are burnt out on it." It started my day off just right!
Thats actually how I felt. I'm just hoping they don't hijack the entire season. One or two episodes and then lets move on.

Captain Chaos

I was talking to a woman I work with about Disney. She mentioned how her daughter was in love with Frozen after it first came out. Now? Her daughter HATES it. She has had enough and is burnt (or is it frozen) out with it.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Or at least a Wall-e attractions in Innoventions for children, similar to "where's the fire" or "great piggy bank adventure"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom