DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

WDW1974

You just promise to take him drinking and he'll go anywhere. If Lasseter stays overnight in Orlando, 10 bucks says you'll find him at a bar or lounge at Disney tonight somewhere.

Damn straight.

I'd be very disappointed if my favorite O-Town fanbois don't go stalking him ... I just hope he doesn't expect bar snacks, even at the Grand Flo.

Last edited:

Mawg

Enough insiders have confirmed that this is indeed an expansion to TSMM that I believe it (not upset by the idea but not excited either). I'm more excited John Lasseter was there. Would he really come out to see how they might expand TSMM or did he come out for another project and while in the area just stopped by to take a look? I believe something else is also coming. Did anyone follow them to see where else they went?

WDW1974

Enough insiders have confirmed that this is indeed an expansion to TSMM that I believe it (not upset by the idea but not excited either). I'm more excited John Lasseter was there. Would he really come out to see how they might expand TSMM or did he come out for another project and while in the area just stopped by to take a look? I believe something else is also coming. Did anyone follow them to see where else they went?

You guys, and I say this with lots of love, have gotta stop asking the same damn questions over and over so threads that should have 10 pages have 119.

Common sense would tell anyone that getting all those powers together out in the open wasn't so fanbois could take Twitpics with John Lasseter at the Frozen Sing A Long or to discuss plans for expanding one of the most overrated WDW attractions.

But since no one here knows exactly what was discussed today, you aren't going to get more than that no matter how many folks ask the question and how they word the same question.

RayTheFirefly

tumblr_lckfmwfKYT1qeyu8fo1_500.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
You guys, and I say this with lots of love, have gotta stop asking the same **** questions over and over so threads that should have 10 pages have 119.

Common sense would tell anyone that getting all those powers together out in the open wasn't so fanbois could take Twitpics with John Lasseter at the Frozen Sing A Long or to discuss plans for expanding one of the most overrated WDW attractions.

But since no one here knows exactly what was discussed today, you aren't going to get more than that no matter how many folks ask the question and how they word the same question.

So does anyone know why all the executives were in the park today? ;)

Mawg

You guys, and I say this with lots of love, have gotta stop asking the same **** questions over and over so threads that should have 10 pages have 119.

Well go do what your good at then and find out.:D

flyerjab

Amazingly, I actually agree with you here. However, the expansion of the ride is just exactly what they are doing. What you may not know (or maybe you do) is that seasonal overlays exist to be implemented for Toy Story Mania and would require little to no down time. But there's no way that current management wants to do anything that would make the current demand even greater without first expanding the capacity of the ride.

Plus, like everyone is saying, it's not "just" the expansion of Toy Story Mania. Tom Staggs and his crew of misfits wouldn't be out here looking at everything with a fine tooth comb if that was only it. It's "part" of the puzzle. When you put it all together, it makes complete sense from a business perspective.

So from this particular post, I assume then that not only would they be expanding it but they also could potentially be adding seasonal variations of the ride throughout the year. Interesting.

Also, I always felt that any imminent, large expansion of this park would necessitate a capacity expansion of this ride when other rides/attractions are closed. To me, this was a necessary first step in the overall transformation of DHS into DHA. As @TheVisionarySoul put it so succinctly, this is a part of the puzzle. What also helps with capacity issues is the sudden popularity of Frozen. The Singalong and Trading Post areas will help eat up a little bit of the capacity as well.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Finished with an overview of the park today....looks good for Monster's INC fans....and not getting a repeat from DCA. Toy Story Playland is on the way,well. Great things are happening...but maybe not in a logical order for some.
So, save for your first line of b#ll#cks, basically just rehashing what others have said previously. Again....

ToTBellHop

Thank you. Sometimes I think common sense is increasingly uncommon.

My only confusion is why someone wasn't able to distract JL with a turkey leg and beer and snap a blurry iPhone6 pic of the plans for us all to cream ourselves over.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I actually wonder if GhostHost is just a clone account from Daddio or JT04.
As it reads exactly the same.

I know who you are referring to but that's not who I am. I'm confused though as to why anyone who thinks that way is assumed to be one of them?

I was saying the parks are/were stale. We all for the most part have been saying that no disputing that all I was saying is things are beginning to change and I think that's obvious by the walls up everywhere you look

People on both sides can be "blind" to what they want to believe ya know ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom