DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

PhilharMagician

The only way you could reach 1550 is if they were filling every single seat (they used to have a singles line, so that's not too far off) and if a lot of rows had three people riding. I call BS on the reporting of 1550 an hour, even early on.

It would be about a 25 second average load/unload sequence to hit the 1550 per hour with butts in every seat. A tall order to keep that up. I have seen less than 20 second transfers, but there are also a lot of long transfers with some guests.

The Visionary Soul

It would be about a 25 second average load/unload sequence to hit the 1550 per hour with butts in every seat. A tall order to keep that up. I have seen less than 20 second transfers, but there are also a lot of long transfers with some guests.
I don't think they're allowed to send vehicles that close. (only 25 seconds apart) Seems to me it's more like 30 seconds min.

WDW1974

Oh, yeah.

This should be a fun day in the fan community. ... I wonder if they were all gathering to go over plans for the Star Wars themed restrooms. And what can I say about the most famous John Lasseter stalker in O-Town ? He didn't even show up .... Very disappointing.

Days like today are why Twitter shouldn't exist and iPhones should all be pay by the minute.

WDW1974

Completely BS. The only addition to the building that was made was for Midway Mania's maintenance facility, and that is on the side, not the back. The ride is contained entirely in the old soundstages.

Furthermore, I can confirm that this permit is for an additional track for Toy Story Mania. The current ride will be converted to FP+ Only.

Ah, Mr. Alien Kitty Claws, you return to these MAGICal waters with an interesting post. Pathetic and totally believable if true.

Bob Iger, Tom Staggs, Jay Rasulo, Meg Crofton and, my personal fave (back hair and all), George Kalogridis all have a fundamental disconnect about the business they are in. They truly don't get that you have to ADD ATTRACTIONS to theme parks on a regular basis.

And, boy, is JL looking fat. Too much wine.

wdwfan4ver

Hopefully the visiting big guns made their way over toward the BLT tour area too.
I am hoping the same due to the fact I feel before Star Wars Land, the park needs to increase its rides from 5 to 8 rides. The only thing is how much Glendale is going allow to be spent on WDW in terms of attractions.

Having 8 rides before Star Wars Land Construction is going to help people stay in the park longer at a time that attractions, shops, and eating places will close for Star Wars Land.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Now if we could just get them to wander over to Epcot to look at the Imagination pavilion while in WDW....

Just Let It Go .... That and a new Soarin film (and, possibly, a new dining locale if they can fix Spice Road Table first) simply solves the EPCOT problem according to the people who know.

Frozen makes everything better ... If you are failing a test at school, faking it in the sack, talking to an IRS auditor, dealing with a psycho fanboi etc just think about Olaf and warm hugs and what Elsa would do and everything is solved.

Just.

Like.

MAGIC.

WDW1974

I'm sure you'll figure it out soon enough. Everyone is correct here who thinks there is more going on than just an expansion to Toy Story Mania. But to those that doubt that Toy Story Mania is being expanded to address capacity concerns... well, to you I will just say "I told ya so" when it happens.

Now, now, you should never do that as it could be construed as rude. Much better to say that you saw this coming.

misterID

Martin is the TMZ of WDW. I'm surprised Staggs didn't throw anything at him and Fitz didn't spit and scream obscenities. Let's hope he stays away from Meg getting out of a limo :eek:

I was with you up until this. I think anyone suggesting that a new attraction would reduce the demand and wait time for TSMM is crazy. If a new family friendly ride opened at Soundstage 1, it's not like people will say "I don't need to ride TSMM now" -- they'd want to ride the new ride and TSMM. And if the new ride actually draws a greater number of people to the park, those new people will want to ride TSMM. And I personally know of a number of folks who have been to DHS -- even with young kids -- and not ridden TSMM due to the long wait and not having FPs; if the ride had a sudden decrease in wait time then that crowd of folks would actually get in line to ride it.

Sure, if there were a lot of new rides added to DHS, then you might see a decrease in wait time/demand for TSMM. But we are talking at least 5 new rides, probably more like 10. As long as the number of rides in DHS remains in single digits and TSMM is one of only ones without a height restrictions, the vast majority of guests entering the gates are going to want to ride it. A single additional ride in SS1 is not going to dent demand for TSMM and will potentially make it worse.

TSMM is a horribly overrated ride. There's just not a whole lot to do for the entire family at DHS, and its popularity says more about the parks other offerings than how popular it is... If another ride or two opened with the same targeted demographic, I would guarantee the lines would be significantly shortened. People swarm to the ride because it's the only game in town for families and their little kids. Not saying it wouldn't stiill have lines, but it would be nowhere near the same... like it is in Cali. (it's not as popular as it is here... for a reason)

WDW1974

remember the days when we complained WDW was stale because they weren't building anything new? ...times are a changin' my friends - there is and will be construction in a lot of different places and parks

Oh please.

WDW has been stale for 15 years. The MK hasn't had a new E-Ticket since 1992. EPCOT and Studios are messes that keep losing attractions and entertainment.

And the last 8-9 years under Iger have been the worst.

Cesar R M

Ah, Mr. Alien Kitty Claws, you return to these MAGICal waters with an interesting post. Pathetic and totally believable if true.

Bob Iger, Tom Staggs, Jay Rasulo, Meg Crofton and, my personal fave (back hair and all), George Kalogridis all have a fundamental disconnect about the business they are in. They truly don't get that you have to ADD ATTRACTIONS to theme parks on a regular basis.

And, boy, is JL looking fat. Too much wine.
having to deal with these executives might be causing John Lessetter some bloating caused by gas acumulation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom