DHS ReDo (August 2014)

mahnamahna101

You want immersion in the Star Wars land, you need to copy what they have done at Universal with Potter and immerse the audience into the world of Star Wars. You have to go all in at Disney and create a masterpiece of a world. Like they did with Cars Land, like Universal did with Potter.
Doesn't have to be Tatoonie...but if they do Tatoonie, it must be done right.
These items must be at the park...

1. Main E-Ticket is Espcape from Jabba's Palace...or something from the Hutt family. That is the "Weenie" (a visual icon in a Disney theme park that draws in guest). This would be the story driven dark ride everyone is praying for at Disney.
This ride is screaming to be made. It could have all the elements of a truly amazing dark ride/thrill ride.
Tatoonie doesn't really need to be made if you can't build a Jabba Palace themed ride. I promise you, if Universal was building Star Wars themed Tatoonie...Jabba's Palace is where they would start.
SW4___ROTJ_New_Jabba_Palace_02_by_SWRemixed.jpg

CA_20091218_Tatooine03_full.jpg

2. Shops on tatoonie, some ancient trading post you get to go through, maybe a Jawa trading post.
Animated dewbacks, the empire is still in charge and patrolling the city.
tatooine.jpg

Mos_Eisley.jpg

star_wars___mos_eisley_scene_by_m1llgato5-d5fua69.jpg

3. obviously the Cantina
ITW_Chalmuns_cantina.jpg

4. The Falcon at the spaceport also Xwing spinner can go here.
main.php

X_Wing_MKII___Stolen_Blueprint.jpg

5. Second E-ticket is the PodRace...not the speeder bike, Pod race fits with Tatooine. Need to feel like you
are going 700 mph across amazing Desert landscape.
Mos_Espa_Grand_Arena.png

1100x625_13953_Pod_Racer_3d_sci_fi_vehicle_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

If they don't want to do Tatoonie...I'm cool with that. Then design an outpost on a jungle planet. Keeps with the theme of Star Wars. Maybe an ancient temple turned base like in A New Hope. Themed town surrounding the base. Cool new outpost with shops and restaurants. Again, area has been taken over by the empire. So there is a balance between the locals who live there and the animal and plant life and the Empire and their vehicles.
1. E-ticket would be in the base and be the dueling Empire vs. Rebel roller coaster themed ride. Use what you have learned with seven dwarfs mine train and enhance the roller coaster/dark ride combo. This ride would give you both the myth based story of Star Wars and the speed theme associated with all the films.
3. Need the spinner xwing ride and the Falcon again in the hanger bay.

Anyway...point is there is so much visually appealing things to do with Star Wars.
1. Does Disney go big with Star Wars or does it freak them out to put so much into one IP like Universal did with Potter?
We will find out.
That's what they SHOULD do...

What we'll probably get -
  1. X-Wing Spinners (double of course like Dumbo!) - B ticket
  2. Millenium Falcon walkthrough/M&G - C ticket
  3. Mos Eisley Cantina replaces Backlot Express
  4. Tons of shops and an Ewok play area replaces Indy - A ticket
  5. Star Tours stays the same (no facade change, etc)
  6. Jedi Training Academy moves into the Sounds Dangerous/American Idol buildings. - C ticket
  7. No new E-ticket or even a D ticket :(

Mike S

6. Jedi Training Academy moves into the Sounds Dangerous/American Idol buildings. - C ticket
And some people will still rave about how it's the best thing ever. Gotta protect the BRAND and all that jazz.

mahnamahna101

And some people will still rave how it's the best thing ever. Gotta protect the BRAND and all that jazz.
Yep. Don't forget the magical Pixar Place expansion!

1. Backlot Tour and LMA get bulldozed.
  2. Monsters Inc Laugh Floor moves to Premiere Theater - C ticket
  3. HISTK play area rethemed to Bug's Life
  4. Gusteau's restaurant
  5. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree - B ticket
  6. TSMM somehow gets expanded
  7. Still no E ticket and no second D ticket :(
Such an expansion would inspire the feels!! :p

RSoxNo1

I would expect new destinations in Star Tours as the new movies come out.

CinematicFusion

Will be a huge letdown if they don't have a Star Wars ride that is on the level of Cars and the two Potter rides.

Don't even build Star Wars Land if your not planning to wow the audience. You already have a small Star Wars area and leave it at that. Don't embarrass yourself Disney.

PeterAlt

So here's a more accurate map for people to get upset about, and remember... the closer something is to the Star Tours Queue, the more likely it is to become part of an eventual Star Wars Land, and the farther away something is from the Star Tours Queue, the less likely Disney will be to spend money on changing it -enjoy

star-wars-land-2.jpg
When I was there a few months ago, I had a keen eye for where the expansion could be. Without realizing how close New York Street was to Star Tours, I took a mental note that that space would be perfect. Now, seeing it on your map and that it's contiguous to the current Star Wars area, I am now convinced of it!

GREAT MAP, by the way!

PeterAlt

I thought this might be of interest...

Here, you can see how DHS grew since it opened. The first picture is when it was Disney-MGM Studios a year after opening. The second is DHS today. You can see that the expansions have required terraforming the land, moving water ways and water bodies around, etc. So, if a big expansion is planned, it's quite possible they could do the same now. My point is, the current shape of the land does not dictate future expansion possibilities.

image.jpg

jensenrick

Does anyone else find DHS to be an incredibly frustrating park? With Broadway, film, radio and television, how is this park's potential not maximized?

(1) It is truly odd to me that nothing is filmed at DHS. They used to film the All-New Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Win, Lose or Draw at DHS. They cannot develop one or two television sitcoms or game shows for ABC, ABC Family or Disney Channel?

(2) Where is Radio Disney?

(3) Does DHS know that Disney owns ABC? Aside from promos and posters at ABC Commissary, where are the attractions and experiences based on successful television shows?

I could easily go on as this is something that I think about often.

Spinners? Seriously?

Maybe they'll combine the two- have a ABC land, filled with TV show Spinners!
You could have the Scandal spinner,
the Grey's Anatomy spinner, and
the Revenge spinner.
On each one, you never end up in the same car with the people you got on with- LOL!

wdw71fan

Ooohh hoo hoooo did I have some interesting conversations tonight..... All I can say is that when the reveal hits, you won't be 'underwhelmed'... If everything I was told (and paper napkin shown) is true.. then it's going to make-over most of Hollywood Studios.... Or whatever you want to call it for now.

roj2323

Ooohh hoo hoooo did I have some interesting conversations tonight..... All I can say is that when the reveal hits, you won't be 'underwhelmed'... If everything I was told (and paper napkin shown) is true.. then it's going to make-over most of Hollywood Studios.... Or whatever you want to call it for now.

Is there any indication as to when we will hear some sort of announcement?

jt04

Mini Carsland as part of an extension of Pixar Place. Star Wars area with room to expand in the future <a long time ago>. Possibly in the manner of Potter 1 and Potter 2.

Then you have something.

BTW, BSD had much of the recent 'breaking news' many moons ago. Hope that amazing blog returns soon. Great source.

RSoxNo1

Mini Carsland as part of an extension of Pixar Place. Star Wars area with room to expand in the future <a long time ago>. Possibly in the manner of Potter 1 and Potter 2.

Then you have something.

BTW, BSD had much of the recent 'breaking news' many moons ago. Hope that amazing blog returns soon. Great source.
Build a Tomorrowland Speedway/Autopia equivalent in DHS and DCA for Cars so the land can be repurposed in Disneyland and Magic Kingdom for Frozen and other Fantasyland franchises.

flyerjab

Alright @wdw71fan, help a brother out. If you truly know what is being proposed, you could at least hint at one thing. This apparent mega-makerover of DHS that is about to happen is obviously awesome rumor news. Jim Hill gave out a lot of information in his latest podcast but there was one obvious thing missing. For the oft rumored Star Wars additions, Jim mentioned nothing about an E-Ticket ride, only A through C. Could you, ya know, wink or nod, or something? Did you see anything on the paper napkin that indicated an E-Ticket addition with Star Wars? How about throwing an emoticon out there to let us know if Jim held back on that one?

PhotoDave219

Assuming the accountants let you.

wdw71fan

I don't know everything that is being proposed, and a lot of what I was told may be VERY blue sky... BUT... after dinner last night.. I was compelled to pick up the check, because I was geeking-out giddy over the prospects..

As far as I can see, Jim Hill isn't 'wrong', but his version of the coming events are either incomplete, or he is underreporting rumor...

Again, take it with a grain of salt, but I *personally* am very excited even if 10% of what I heard was true..

Timeline for the announcement? 1st or 2nd quarter 2015, but that is subject to change. (translation - I really don't know)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom