DHS Permits

So watching this thread develop, as people used maps and permit blueprints to put together ideas and unlock mysteries, it totally reminded me of something.....it was like when iron man used the layout of the stark expo to piece together the clues of creating a new element, lol. Kudos guys!

roj2323

New permit for Toy Story Land yesterday. The contractor is Samson Metal& Machine,Inc.

400, 800 Ascot Dr - Show Set Package 2
I have a feeling this is going to be themed fencing. The north end of TSL has the footings in place for a visual block of some kind between the coaster and the parking garage and on the south end of TSL they were pouring retaining walls by maintence base & the perimeter Road that will very likely also have a visual block of some sort attached to the top. The only other thing I can think of would be the building skeleton for the aliens ride as 800 ascot dr is in that general area.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a feeling this is going to be themed fencing. The north end of TSL has the footings in place for a visual block of some kind between the coaster and the parking garage and on the south end of TSL they were pouring retaining walls by maintence base & the perimeter Road that will very likely also have a visual block of some sort attached to the top. The only other thing I can think of would be the building skeleton for the aliens ride as 800 ascot dr is in that general area.

That's very possible. This doesn't sound like a contractor that would work with highly themed show elements.

Unplugged

Okay, the more I think about this, the more it does make sense. I believe the big CBR building will be like the hub or central station with 3 branches leading to DHS, International Gateway, and AoA/Pop station in the northern parking lot.

I have redrawn the map to include what we know now (yellow) and what we are suspecting (light green)
View attachment 189637

First, thanks for pulling the diagram together using the colors since they pop out. Second, my comments are not targeting your work, but the "If Disney is doing this, then...." situation.

This whole solution seems like a rather poor design, not even taking the FL weather and capacity of such a system into account. Why zig zag from Epcot to CBR and use the resort as a hub? Why would they not have 1 run EPCOT/IG -> DHS, and another run from DHS -> CBR -> AA. That wastes fewer resources, exposes less backstage, etc., etc. The hub being at DHS would be similar to the the monorail at TTC allowing for smooth transfers. It seems more appropriate to keep the larger traffic volume of transfers at a park and not a resort.

Personally, the old concept of EPCOT -> CBR/AA waterway under Buena Vista seems like it would support both boat and pedestrian entry. Then a waterway extension from DHS -> CBR/AA would complete a triangular route supporting reasonable people movement.

Am I way off on the volume of people moved? It just seems like the potential issues & costs for adding an oddly planned gondola system would be far out weighed by extending the waterway system already in place and needed for run off with a boats that they already have maintenance in place for.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
First, thanks for pulling the diagram together using the colors since they pop out. Second, my comments are not targeting your work, but the "If Disney is doing this, then...." situation.

This whole solution seems like a rather poor design, not even taking the FL weather and capacity of such a system into account. Why zig zag from Epcot to CBR and use the resort as a hub? Why would they not have 1 run EPCOT/IG -> DHS, and another run from DHS -> CBR -> AA. That wastes fewer resources, exposes less backstage, etc., etc. The hub being at DHS would be similar to the the monorail at TTC allowing for smooth transfers. It seems more appropriate to keep the larger traffic volume of transfers at a park and not a resort.

Personally, the old concept of EPCOT -> CBR/AA waterway under Buena Vista seems like it would support both boat and pedestrian entry. Then a waterway extension from DHS -> CBR/AA would complete a triangular route supporting reasonable people movement.

Am I way off on the volume of people moved? It just seems like the potential issues & costs for adding an oddly planned gondola system would be far out weighed by extending the waterway system already in place and needed for run off with a boats that they already have maintenance in place for.

This has been discussed in the main thread on this. The point of this system is not to have a new transpiration link between Epcot and DHS since there is already the boat and walking path for that. The point here is to provide access from CBR/AOA/Pop to both DHS and Epcot. Much more efficient to have one route going to Epcot and another going to DHS.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/possible-new-gondola-transportation.924477/

S 2

Interesting observation. On the CBR permit that is shown as a gravel access road similar to the one shown for DHS.
I have to hand it to all of you for figuring this out! It was exciting to read through the posts as you put the clues together and literally made national news! So cool! And specifically to danlb_2000: I can't imagine these threads without your permits!

So my next question (and likely one thats already been answered) How long to gondola type transports take to build? It seems possible to be done fairly quickly (like a year?)...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
@danlb_2000 you can see pieces for the tower crane on the flatbed truck in the aerial images.

http://mickeyxtreme.net/blog/new-ae...oy-story-lands-show-first-slink-coaster-track

Yep, parts on the two tucks in blue, and it looks like the crane in red is lifting a piece. I still can't spot the foundation.
upload_2017-2-22_19-37-42.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am thinking this is the foundation. Its an odd spot for it but I don't see anywhere else for it.

View attachment 191134

I think that is for utility work, and it was there well before the permit was filed for the crane foundations. I am pretty sure one crane is being assembled over where we see the crane lifting a piece. If there were simply staging the parks I doubt they would put them there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom