DHS Permits

Mike730

Awkward strip of land goes directly from rectangle CBR building between new ponds (why not one large pond?) towards Art of Animation and Pop Century.

edit: Has to be a reason for this strip of land. They fill in an old pond to incorporate it.
upload_2017-1-18_10-7-27-png.184911

Mike730

If a walkway, (or a monorail) it could curve but this clearly has straight lines so some type of cable supported system like a gondola (or skyway).
I agree. Straight lines and sharp turns. Maybe not transportation related but the only things that seem like they require such direct lines of sight are cables and light? Maybe they are setting up an emergency lantern based communication system....

roj2323

Here is a drawing should the rough size and placement.
View attachment 189494

It's interesting that it does encroach into the path to the bus stops. The line with the blue arrow is the curb where the buses stop which would indicate to me that there is going to be some re-configuration of that bus drop offs. Considering the location I would think this structure has something to do with transportation.

View attachment 189496

I'd say this one is probably bathrooms. There's no public restrooms beyond the security zone at the moment. The alternative is this will be the new parking /bus transport cast break room and the current break room will get remodeled into restrooms since the plumbing is already there and it's more centrally located.

Mike730

I'd say this one is probably bathrooms. There's no public restrooms beyond the security zone at the moment. The alternative is this will be the new parking /bus transport cast break room and the current break room will get remodeled into restrooms since the plumbing is already there and it's more centrally located.
Dude you're killing our conspiracy theories here

Mike730

upload_2017-2-13_18-1-3-png.189527

I'm also not sure I understand the location of the boardwalk parking lot turning point. Surely there was a better/shorter alternative? How far does this rabbit hole go? What about those balloons at Fantasia Gardens...

TiggerDad

upload_2017-2-13_18-1-3-png.189527

I'm also not sure I understand the location of the boardwalk parking lot turning point. Surely there was a better/shorter alternative? How far does this rabbit hole go? What about those balloons at Fantasia Gardens...
Only spot with a straight line of sight to international gateway between France and SwanDolphin, and also straight line to new CBR building. Thats why straight lines must be important

roj2323

I think everyone is overlooking the big item here. They are clear cutting a forested area behind America and Japan's pavilions in Epcot for a lay-down yard. They wouldn't put this in that area unless they had a darn good reason for it because this is smack dab in the middle of major guest areas. Keep in mind the Starwars land / ToyStoryland lay-down yard is south of DHS and surrounded by trees so it's hidden.

If I had to take a guess on this lay-down yard I'd say long term it's ultimately going to become a loop and flyover ramp to Victory way which would eliminate a left turn and smooth out traffic flow headed to the new DHS park entry at Victory way and Osceola parkway. That said anything is possible and more likely than a gondola transport system.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think everyone is overlooking the big item here. They are clear cutting a forested area behind America and Japan's pavilions in Epcot for a lay-down yard. They wouldn't put this in that area unless they had a darn good reason for it because this is smack dab in the middle of major guest areas. Keep in mind the Starwars land / ToyStoryland lay-down yard is south of DHS and surrounded by trees so it's hidden.

If I had to take a guess on this lay-down yard I'd say long term it's ultimately going to become a loop and flyover ramp to Victory way which would eliminate a left turn and smooth out traffic flow headed to the new DHS park entry at Victory way and Osceola parkway. That said anything is possible and more likely than a gondola transport system.

So... they're clearing out a space for construction vehicles.

Would those construction vehicles happen to be.... construction monorails!?

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Does the unlikelihood (based on comments) of a monorail also include the possibility of a MK style people mover? That is what I am thinking it could be.
What would something like that cost?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom