DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

Goofyernmost

Shortening the cure time also reduces the effective strength. There are special concretes they can use (high early) for quick fixes but it's not meant for long term. Keep in mind I was a concrete guy for nearly 10 years so i have a little bit of background on this topic and i'm not pulling numbers out of my butt
Never said you were, however, they aren't likely to wait 60 days for it to completely cure. The core of Hoover Dam has not completely cured and it has been used since 1936.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My understanding is the new toll plaza will open in November, but the interchanges won't be fully completed until early 2019.

They overpass definitly has a few more months to go, they question is, will all the ramps to and from the new entrance open at the same time.

Lensman

They overpass definitly has a few more months to go, they question is, will all the ramps to and from the new entrance open at the same time.
You mean vs just opening the Osceola westbound entrance and the Osceola westbound exit, right? Earlier in the thread we had speculated whether Disney was going to open those (plus the Victory Way southbound entrance) first vs waiting for all four Osceola ramps to be complete before starting to use the new entrance. How long ago did they pour the flyover over Victory Way?

Edited to add: Sometime before September 3rd.

Last edited:

briangaw

Just looks like the big push for progress on the ramps that they are just going to open it all at once. I mean much of it all is lined already. Just those final two ramps that were poured and the guard rails and lighting. Just seems that they are waiting for all the ramps at once and decided not to phase it. Then just finish the overpasses.

Lensman

Anyone if medical parking is going to be back where it was originally, or at least in that vicinity?
I went through the previous posts for you and found a couple of posts by @danlb_2000 that show the water management permits that indicate that the medical parking will go back approximately where they were before the remodel, except with the parking tram on the side of it instead of in front of it, and the bus stops removed. See the diagram in his post below:
A recent water management permits shows some details of the parking lot expansion.

View attachment 241322

mergatroid

I went through the previous posts for you and found a couple of posts by @danlb_2000 that show the water management permits that indicate that the medical parking will go back approximately where they were before the remodel, except with the parking tram on the side of it instead of in front of it, and the bus stops removed. See the diagram in his post below:

Thanks so much for doing that, it's very much appreciated.

surfsupdon

The busses of Pop, Art, and Caribbean will still be using the bus entrance on BV you think? Or can they be routed towards the new entrance? What do you think?

Side bus question: To get to MK and Epcot, CBR busses always USED to head north on Victory, east on BV, then merge onto World Drive. Since the massive road construction started, the buses now head south on Victory, east on osceola, then north on World Drive. It is roundabout and has added time to the bus route both coming and going. Any chance the CBR buses will head back to BV to get to MK?? It's small, but it grinds my gears. Also I think BV is one of the prettiest roads, with the Resorts you see, mini golf, and landscaping.

peter11435

The busses of Pop, Art, and Caribbean will still be using the bus entrance on BV you think? Or can they be routed towards the new entrance? What do you think?

Side bus question: To get to MK and Epcot, CBR busses always USED to head north on Victory, east on BV, then merge onto World Drive. Since the massive road construction started, the buses now head south on Victory, east on osceola, then north on World Drive. It is roundabout and has added time to the bus route both coming and going. Any chance the CBR buses will head back to BV to get to MK?? It's small, but it grinds my gears. Also I think BV is one of the prettiest roads, with the Resorts you see, mini golf, and landscaping.
The will still use the bus entrance.

cmb5002

Guess they aren't letting the concrete cure. ;)

With bridge decks you do want it to reach full design strength, but dependent on the mix you can reach that design strength in a much shorter period of time. I usually see a 4500psi design mix, with the mix itself hitting around 6000 in 28 days.

Concrete can continue curing and hardening for years after placement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom