DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is it me or does the new parking/toll plaza for the park look sort of small? I would think it would be wider given what the near future has in store for this park.

Well, there shouldn't be any buses in any of the lanes or CMs. So, it's ten lanes of booth access totally dedicated to guests. And some 6-8 months later, they shouldn't expect anyone from CBR, Riviera, Pop, or AoA to be using it.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Don't know why Disney Park Blog didn't post the full picture of the interchange, but the third-party The Disney Blog had it...

1540500239487.png

Thebolt

Are there any plans to redesign the entrance itself, using the all that rezoned space they will have between the ticket booths and the buses?
A bit of an expansion of Hollywood Boulevard would help guest flow; especially larger bathrooms. They could build new ticket booths and security checks further forward and make that all flow much better.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
So if new entrance opens on Nov 8th, I wonder when the next two bus loops will open. Could be wrong but looks like there may be more than two weeks worth of work left on them. Thought?

Lensman

It's almost like they're overcompensating for complaints of lack of shade everywhere.
Sadly, aren't most of the palm trees for the bus turnaround medians?

I guess there are those other trees that line the south side of the walk out to the bus stops... And it's not like palm trees provide that much usable shade, I guess.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Sadly, aren't most of the palm trees for the bus turnaround medians?

I guess there are those other trees that line the south side of the walk out to the bus stops... And it's not like palm trees provide that much usable shade, I guess.

I guess, practically speaking, when the sun is low in the sky, the bus shelters don't shelter that much, and so, the palms in the distance will throw shade under the bus stop. Or, give the illusion of such... that's Disney magic at work!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom