Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

E2D97EF3-8712-4850-9B4C-785A1733CEAF.jpeg
CBDA2AE3-4FBA-4B9C-B0C8-4C793D442410.jpeg
D9045E13-C2A0-438A-96FE-FEC8C7738AA5.jpeg
26282B32-67CD-4074-9D9E-F1556ABB771A.jpeg
BEFE864D-2208-4216-8F57-CE3BAB024CA5.jpeg

Goofyernmost

There is also still guardrails and lighting to be installed on the ramps.
I forgot about those. If they already of the bases in place the lighting will go pretty fast. Guard rails go in pretty quickly with the right equipment. Those two, however, will add some time to it.

Goofyernmost

Concrete cure times. They just poured the bridge deck like a week ago. It needs 60 days to be cured enough for live loading.

Edit: someone will inevitably say its 30 days for concrete to hit 80% and while that is true, for live loads they wait longer.
There are chemical additives that can greatly shorten that time. If it were in a location with minor temperature changes, like Florida, that time is shortened even more. High traffic highways around the country pour concrete for highway bridges all the time and they will not wait 60 days for it to cure.

roj2323

Original Poster
There are chemical additives that can greatly shorten that time. If it were in a location with minor temperature changes, like Florida, that time is shortened even more. High traffic highways around the country pour concrete for highway bridges all the time and they will not wait 60 days for it to cure.

Shortening the cure time also reduces the effective strength. There are special concretes they can use (high early) for quick fixes but it's not meant for long term. Keep in mind I was a concrete guy for nearly 10 years so i have a little bit of background on this topic and i'm not pulling numbers out of my butt

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Concrete cure times. They just poured the bridge deck like a week ago. It needs 60 days to be cured enough for live loading.

Edit: someone will inevitably say its 30 days for concrete to hit 80% and while that is true, for live loads they wait longer.

I wonder if this takes us back to a phased opening? I haven't get track if certain section have been done much longer then others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom