DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

matt9112

They are but there's a lot of changes coming to the park entry area and I'm sure it will make more sense at that point. Additionally they are no further out than MK's or DAK's and about a mile closer than Epcot's

what changes? besides skyliner and new parking lot?

roj2323

Original Poster
Off the top of my head: Shifting the tram loop, bus stops, Skyliner, Disability lot shift, preferred parking shift, maybe a security move (not 100% on that one), and a few more that aren't coming to me at the moment.

Expanding the Security zone is a significant portion of the project. I'm not sure if the turnstiles are moving however so the "in park" changes to the front entryway is an unknown to me. Perhaps someone else can fill in that info gap.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, May 10, 2018. A ground level view of the parking lot expansion at Hollywood Studios. Most of the construction fences have been taken down. Lights are operating. With a few other finishing touches and striping the parking spaces, this new lot should be ready before Toy Story Land opens. (I know.....boring photos of flat asphalt space.)

This view towards the current parking entrance kiosk, with the cast member new costume building on the right (green roof). The construction fence was located at the second line of traffic cones.

IMG_0441.JPG

This is the S-curve that followed the construction fence for many months. New parking lot is to the left of the traffic cones.

IMG_0442.JPG

Beyond the new parking area, work continues on pylon driving for the new parking exit bridge. Flatbed trucks with sod for the slope beyond the parking lot guardrail.

IMG_0440.JPG

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Photo update as of Thursday, April 10, 2018. A ground level view of the parking lot expansion at Hollywood Studios. Most of the construction fences have been taken down. Lights are operating. With a few other finishing touches and striping the parking spaces, this new lot should be ready before Toy Story Land opens. (I know.....boring photos of flat asphalt space.)

This view towards the current parking entrance kiosk, with the cast member new costume building on the right (green roof). The construction fence was located at the second line of traffic cones.

View attachment 283113

This is the S-curve that followed the construction fence for many months. New parking lot is to the left of the traffic cones.

View attachment 283114

Beyond the new parking area, work continues on pylon driving for the new parking exit bridge. Flatbed trucks with sod for the slope beyond the parking lot guardrail.

View attachment 283115
May 10, yes?

roj2323

Original Poster
When Galaxys Edge opens the lot will close when at capacity. With all the busses running guests in too (and the hanging buckets) the park will be deemed near or at capacity.
I wouldn't in the slightest be surprised if this were the case for at least the first month. It's going to be absolutly nuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom