DHS Parking lot remodel and expansion

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, June 10, 2018. Ground view of the new parking toll plaza on the new road entrance to Hollywood Studios.

IMG_0499.JPG

djkidkaz

I wish they would make the entrances more unique. Could you imagine if they had something akin to the old bugs life billboard on world drive but instead you could have a smoking millennium falcon, maybe a runaway railway car on top of the toll plaza and a large buzz light year holding up one side of the toll booth? Just something that is a precursor to what you are going to see once inside. atleast the back entrance to studios had the posters but I’m thinking slightly larger.

Rider

Well I think it will be Pan Pacific styled again which is more than just a normal toll booth.

The problem with making cool things by the road is all the people who will slow or stop their cars to take pictures which causes wrecks.

@wdwmagic @cchard @roj2323 and everyone else:

Thanks for keeping this site constantly updated! You guys are more valuable than Disney’s official PR!
You're welcome.

JS514

I truly apologize if this has been noted already, but when is this project expected to be completed? I've quickly scanned the last several pages of the thread, but I'm at work and I'm not the best at multitasking. lol

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I truly apologize if this has been noted already, but when is this project expected to be completed? I've quickly scanned the last several pages of the thread, but I'm at work and I'm not the best at multitasking. lol

Grand Opening is June 30. (see my sig. :) )

YodaMan

oh i meant the parking lot project! lol or is it supposed to be finished then as well?

According to the bid documents this is the schedule for the new entrance road...

6/15/2018 - Limited access to the new DHS entrance
9/1/2018 - Full access to the new DHS entrance
12/17/2018 - Most work done on the Victory/Osceola portion of the project
11/1/2019 - Work complete on the World Dr portion of the project.

Lensman

Looking at latest pics, doesn't look like much room to merge after the new toll booth to the bridge. Can't imagine the congestion there will be there once SW:GE opens.
At least if people don't merge in time and careen into the drainage canal they won't have to worry about alligators. (Since the alligators will have eaten their fill of roasted people who have fallen from the gondolas)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom